Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two Release Date

OMG more grind and another side grade ship i assume. Oh and new thargoid optional content right?

Sooner than expected

Challenger = Chieftain with a spoiler?

Thanks the update! Look forward to seeing how the new ship handles.

CMDR Justinian Octavius

Originally Posted by Qohen Leth View Post (Source)
    That would be wonderful! Could join with my T10!

Tech Broker
    Tech Brokers will allow commanders to unlock large weapons versions of the existing guardian tech weapons. These Tech Brokers will issue missions to collect Guardian data as well as materials and then, once delivered, will unlock certain Guardian modules of weapons for purchase. Will you turn you weapons on Thargoid or use them to pirate rival Commanders?
    So we have to go round the Guardian sites collecting blue prints again? please FDev, set the levels at a reasonable number - have done this twenty+ times already!

Originally Posted by Qohen Leth View Post (Source)
    Can never have enough spoilers

CMDR Justinian Octavius

This is a meme. Something is fishy about it.

Im on to you Flanagan!

Thargoid
    Thargoids continue to be an intergalactic menace! With the Alliance introducing a new ship, the Thargoids intend to up their game too, introducing new Scouts that will buff other Scouts and increase their combat efficiency.

Really? Not only the thargoids are not a menace, now you spoil the content god forbid the players figure it out for themselves. The times of the mistery content are long gone it seems.

Originally Posted by Will Flanagan View Post (Source)
    Summary of features:

New Ship: Challenger
    The Alliance continue to refine their warships in the face of the looming Thargoid threat. The Alliance Challenger, envisaged as a frontline combat vessel, has stronger armour than its Chieftain counterpart and will be able to soak up a significant amount of punishment.

Wing Missions
    First introduced in Chapter One of Beyond, we are introducing a range new Wing Mission types for you and your fellow Commanders to take on!

Installation Interactions
    In a similar fashion to the Megaship interactions, which were introduced in Chapter One, Commanders will now be able to scan and interact with Space Installations.
    Scan – Scanning the installation will allow Commanders to see what they can interact with: Turrets, Comms Arrays and Cargo Bays.
    Turret hack – Disable turrets protecting other potential hackable points. This will deactivate security measures put in place to protect the Comms Arrays and Cargo Bays.
    Comms array – Get tradable data from the Comms Array.
    Cargo bay – Fire a limpet on the Cargo Bay to unlock and steal commodities and materials.

Tech Broker
    Tech Brokers will allow commanders to unlock large weapons versions of the existing guardian tech weapons. These Tech Brokers will issue missions to collect Guardian data as well as materials and then, once delivered, will unlock certain Guardian modules of weapons for purchase. Will you turn you weapons on Thargoid or use them to pirate rival Commanders?

Thargoid
    Thargoids continue to be an intergalactic menace! With the Alliance introducing a new ship, the Thargoids intend to up their game too, introducing new Scouts that will buff other Scouts and increase their combat efficiency.

Redacted
    * * * ERROR * * *

A full list of details and changes will be available in a changelog at launch.

We’d love to hear what you think about this next instalment of the Beyond series of updates and can’t wait to let you discover all the content ingame!

Hi Will, a few questions:

1. What installations will be available for interaction?
    2. Will cargo bay contents depend on installation type (i.e. alcohol in a space bar type installation, food in agricultural etc.)
    3. Will we get missions that will require installation (and mega ship for that matter) interactions or is it just new content for sandbox-type gameplay?
    4. "These Tech Brokers will issue missions to collect Guardian data as well as materials" >> When you say "issue missions" do you mean ACTUAL in game missions or will it be just as it is now, i.e. there will be no actual mission, just a list of required materials and data?

General thoughts:

- Really cool we will be able to interact with the installations. About time all those assets are used for some gameplay.
    - Yet another combat vessel gets a massive MEH from me
    - Looking forward to the new wing missions.
    - Bottom line is - we got what was announced - a small content update and even though it was never actually said Chapter 2 will release in Q2, well done for meeting the expectations of many, as I guess a lot of the people assumed Chapter 2 = Q2

Originally Posted by TuesdayFrog View Post (Source)
    So we have to go round the Guardian sites collecting blue prints again? please FDev, set the levels at a reasonable number - have done this twenty+ times already!
    Hopefully they'll be tweaked so they are a lot harder to complete but the material requirements are substantially reduced.

CMDR Justinian Octavius

Originally Posted by Max Factor View Post (Source)
    Also WHERE IS THE KRAIT.
    Look at the back of the Challenger ship shown in the intro. Now look at the back of the Krait ..

I have had a horrible sinking feeling! (but now I just think we're getting the Chieftain-like Challenger AND the Krait).

Whoo! Now Will, can we get a rundown of the Challenger? Pictures would do for now

Chieftain - - - FAS
    Challenger - - - FGS

So, SLF Bay.?

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast