Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two Release Date

Originally Posted by Alecz View Post (Source)
    The things I like from NMS and are not in Elite:
    - Landing on planets with nice varied landscapes, atmosphere, caves, oceans, life. Yes, it's not perfect, and I don't really like the colors, but gives for quite a bit of game-play variety.
    - 3 planetary vehicles, each with it's own niche purpose
    - HUD Details while on planet: temperature, toxicity, radiation - this gives so much immersion (IMO) (we only get gravity and coordinates in Elite)
    - landing in capital ships
    - Walking on planets, around ship, in capital ships, going to the bridge.
    - Building planetary bases, interacting with NPCs

What I don't like in NMS is the missing multi-player, a general lack of realism (too cartoon-y), and a general lack of orientation/reference on the planets, systems, and the galaxy, which Elite does much better. Space combat it also rather weak compared to Elite. The colors on most planets are also ugly.

But point is NMS is more feature-complete compared to Elite even if those features are not polished, they did add them with updates, and they might improve them in the future.
    I suppose it takes more work to polish such features to Elite's standard and that's why they are not being added as fast.
    I actually don't like the landscapes in NMS .. it's just .. too samey, but different.. but the same. They all just feel like recolours; until you get closer to the center then you get the really interesting ones, but even so .. would be nice for much more varied landscapes... cliffs/real mountains/rivers etc would be lovely too

The "cartoony" art and color palette is exactly what puts me off from NMS. Just not my cup tea in terms of aesthetics.

I've heard great things about it as a game- but staring at those graphics all the while... nope.

If there was a non-cartoony graphic version with different color pallet I'd consider it.

Originally Posted by WreckWren View Post (Source)
    Star Citizen has implemented far more in the same time frame.
    Ha Ha. Mate this is gold! You've made my day.

Star Citizen has implemented far more in the same time frame.
    Yes they have three...or was it four landable worlds, I forget which, oh yes;

• 91 solar systems
    • 326 planets
    • 31 space stations
    • 72 moons
    • 79 asteroid belts, rings and fields
    • 260 jump points
    • 94 stars
    To do a round trip to all the solar systems and planets you would need to travel 2,475,750,000,000kms, a total distance of around quarter of a light year. That's not a very big universe, not even close to 1:1 scale, I mean they aren't even trying to be realistic, and that's the crunch, if you abandoned all attempts to create a realistic universe ED could throw a lot of stuff away and become star citizen in no time, and I am afraid I would stop playing because I came here to explore a realistic universe, not a toy universe, as enjoyable as some of those may be.

Sure ED has a lot to do, but the moment they abandon their commitment to create a galaxy as close to ours as possible it will be a sad day indeed.

Star Citizen has implemented far more in the same time frame. If I were going to apply anywhere it would be at CIG.

Blocked.

This kind of response is why the game is dying.
    Which is why you are posting here - are you gypsy in disguise?

Toxic behaviour like that is part of the reason I don't play anymore.
    Blocked.
    You should hang out more in DD, then you'd know what toxic is. Can you block me too please, I want to discuss you while you can't see

--------------------------------------------------------

what about a PP cargo filler! a AUTO-filler!

so you don't have to log in and out every 1/2 hour!

*screaming ape noises*

Originally Posted by Vurrath View Post (Source)

what about a PP cargo filler! a AUTO-filler!

so you don't have to log in and out every 1/2 hour!

*screaming ape noises*

You should post this suggestion in the PowerPlay focussed feedback threads.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536