Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two Release Date

Originally Posted by Patrick_68000 View Post (Source)
    An obligation to keep the wonder in front of the beauties of ED

Definitely my fellow Commander o7

Originally Posted by Valorin View Post (Source)
    Yay! Thanks.
    But, uhm, yet another combat ship? Can we have a ship with another role some time? Pretty please?
    I agree, I will be sorely disappointed if the krait isnt able to compete with the python in cargo space

Originally Posted by Konan View Post (Source)
    I agree, I will be sorely disappointed if the krait isnt able to compete with the python in cargo space
    To be honest as a traditionalist (fogey) I will be disappointed if it does, keeping in mind this description of it.

"Small, reliable one-man fighter, common until the standardized version of the Mamba became available on the open market."

Originally Posted by aRJay View Post (Source)
    To be honest as a traditionalist (fogey) I will be disappointed if it does, keeping in mind this description of it.

"Small, reliable one-man fighter, common until the standardized version of the Mamba became available on the open market."
    Prepare to be disappointed then because by what we've seen so far the Krait has three cockpits so it won't be a one man fighter.
    Probably a three man fighter though.

If anything its going to be a competitor to the Python, which will be nice.

Originally Posted by Rubbernuke View Post (Source)
    If anything its going to be a competitor to the Python, which will be nice.
    Competitor for the Python would be nice, I was rather hoping that Saud Kruger would do a medium pad Orca cargo variant to fill that roll.

Originally Posted by Bob McBobblehead View Post (Source)
    I'd be happy if the Krait was basically a Python that is more agile, faster and and can jump further.
    It would probably have to give up something in exchange for that further jump range. I imagine it would carry less cargo than the Python.

I love it when new content comes out.

Fixing the stupid bugs that make the game sometimes a pain should be a part of it though and it never seems to happen.

EG:
    Take a "TIP OFF" mission, spend an hour or so getting to the location, fight off some skimmers and whatnot, find an object that seems to the point of interest and you can't scan it.
    Disconnects in conflict zones are still around. It's about 40 minutes and you're disconnected.
    Ram a skimmer with your ship (even a cutter) at 100% shields and you lose the shields completely.
    Limpets occasionally stall during mining for no reason whatsoever.
    Risk reward balancing. Spending an hour in a HICZ doing a massacre mission should not pay less than mining or running passengers around.
    Mission board is flooded with Pirate massacres and doing them is probably the worst way to make money as it takes forever to do.

and I am sure there are many more.

I don't understand why SOME time can't be given to sorting out these longstanding problems!

Originally Posted by Urazz View Post (Source)
    It would probably have to give up something in exchange for that further jump range. I imagine it would carry less cargo than the Python.
    Don't mind it carrying less cargo as long as it least has the same number of optional modules slots(9+), or even reducing the number of hardpoints.

Just a quick question (I really do not want to read 30 pages). The 28. June is the start of Beta or the Beta will be released sooner ? Or there will be no Beta for this release ?

Originally Posted by PavelKCZ View Post (Source)
    Just a quick question (I really do not want to read 30 pages). The 28. June is the start of Beta or the Beta will be released sooner ? Or there will be no Beta for this release ?
    No beta Commander o7

Originally Posted by Fosdyke View Post (Source)
    No beta Commander o7
    It is a pitty. Last time I played ED was last year (??) when the ship transport was a newly implemented feature. So, I hoped that I will be able to polish my flying a bit in the Beta, because I am affraid that my pilot skills are a bit rusty and my ships are all at Jacques, without any engineering parts.

Originally Posted by Fosdyke View Post (Source)
    No beta Commander o7
    Maybe we should provide a QA checklist for the Challenger and the mystery second ship then?

• landing gear at correct height in station
    • can land on planet surfaces
    • srv access to hangar while landed on planets
    • interdiction reticle alignment
    • internal hit spheres all reachable with kinetics
    • hardpoints all usable with gimballed and turret weapons
    • hardpoints deploy cleanly
    • weapons dont interfere with hangar when deployed
    • decal alignment
    • hangar hardpoint camera alignment
    • vanity camera alignment
    • future ship kit alignment
    • future ship kit colour scheme matching

Originally Posted by PavelKCZ View Post (Source)
    It is a pitty. Last time I played ED was last year (??) when the ship transport was a newly implemented feature. So, I hoped that I will be able to polish my flying a bit in the Beta, because I am affraid that my pilot skills are a bit rusty and my ships are all at Jacques, without any engineering parts.
    Get a sidewinder or hauler and practice on the cheap.

Originally Posted by rootsrat View Post (Source)
    And Asp can be outfitted for combat, but that doesn't make it a combat ship.
    oh contrere, x4 enforcers and a pair of torps, you'll eat even the big three with relative ease