Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 106

Thread: This is precisely the reason i stay out of open

  1. #1

    This is precisely the reason i stay out of open

    This is hardly an isolated experience. In this case a griefer intentionally baits a helper into a situation where they know the helper wont be kitted out to fight back.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDanger...el_rat_ambush/

    Murderhobo excuse against a fuel rat? RP? Enough to log onto an external website/discord and set up an ambush with a will-most-likely be unarmed and certainly without cargo is griefing pure and simple.

    Fuel rats are awesome. Feel sorry for them when people waste their time like this.

  2. #2
    Little people are envious of the awesomeness of the Fuel Rats. Knowing they will never achieve that themselves.

  3. #3
    Come on he's right. Murdering fuel rats is bad and there is no excuse. They even have a standing order to not shoot back, so no PvP just murderhoboing.

    edit: thats directed at goose ofc.

  4. #4
    Note how:

    1) The rats have been aware of this for years.
    2) Individual rats are perfectly allowed to ask their client to go to a PG
    3) This rat did it in Open, and got away, and found it interesting enough to put on reddit

    Is it lame to try to kill a rat? Maybe. Is it interesting to successfully deal with massively OP enemies who want nothing but to massacre you? To me and others, yes. If you dont like it, that is also fine! Fun story, I managed to get stuck in my FDL once. In their chat I specifically mentioned they would find a massively tooled up FDL, and it might look suspicious. They came anyway.

  5. #5
    Seriously this topic and this forum is over 9000! in exaggeration.

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Bigmaec View Post (Source)
    Come on he's right. Murdering fuel rats is bad and there is no excuse. They even have a standing order to not shoot back, so no PvP just murderhoboing.

    edit: thats directed at goose ofc.
    Much like there was no excuse for hounding the last person who did it in a RP way publically IRL to the point they deleted all their internet contact details after FDev named and shamed them?

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by jimmychoosshoes View Post (Source)
    This is precisely the reason I stay out of open
    And yet the Fuel Rats still have the balls to play Open? That makes them better than you, CMDR!

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Goose4291 View Post (Source)
    Much like there was no excuse for hounding the last person who did it in a RP way publically IRL to the point they deleted all their internet contact details after FDev named and shamed them?
    https://youtu.be/c3nScN89Klo?t=80

  9. #9
    This story wouldn't be possible without people playing in open, so, I don't get the point.

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by StarfireIX View Post (Source)
    And yet the Fuel Rats still have the balls to play Open? That makes them better than you, CMDR!
    The important thing I find is to remember is that its not the Rats themselves who get indignant about these events, but others on their behalf.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post (Source)
    Cant see vid links on an offshore phone connection

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by Bigmaec View Post (Source)
    Come on he's right. Murdering fuel rats is bad and there is no excuse. They even have a standing order to not shoot back, so no PvP just murderhoboing.

    edit: thats directed at goose ofc.
    An excuse? What excuse? Who cares about excuses? Fuel rats are a player group like any other and frontier has said many times that you can kill "for any reason, or no reason at all". They dont need any excuse at all.

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by Earth Ultimatum IV. View Post (Source)
    An excuse? What excuse? Who cares about excuses? Fuel rats are a player group like any other and frontier has said many times that you can kill "for any reason, or no reason at all". They dont need any excuse at all.
    Yeah great. Defend it like you want, it's murderhoboing and it serves no purpose other then mining salt. As a counter: I need no excuse at all to use the menu log to escape such a situation. Thats valid gameplay. Now we're even.

    Originally Posted by Goose4291 View Post (Source)
    Much like there was no excuse for hounding the last person who did it in a RP way publically IRL to the point they deleted all their internet contact details after FDev named and shamed them?
    No, that of course was way more bad as it concerned real life.

  14. #14
    lol at all the people defending people killing fuel rats as a worthwhile gameplay choice. You are a credit to the game.

    In reply, i believe the first person to kill me in a sidewinder in open (just after boosting outside the first station i launched from first day) shot out my fsd then engines. i didnt know about rebooting systems back then. I endured the self destruct a couple of times before quitting for the day, asking my mate for advice (which was quit now) before finding reddit and joining mobius. Those guys talked me through the first hour (and road to riches), the rest is history. So i think the FSD went first.

    Not sure why the size of my balls are of question or relevancy to my Elite Dangerous game mode choice but there you go, i suppose ill leave it to my gyno to tell me how large they are on my 20 wk scan and get back to you. The fuel rats ARE better than me as i wouldnt have the patience they do. I think they are a force for good in the game and a positive experience.

    As for naming and shaming, i see no name and shame here or in the article? Not sure why that was brought up.

    fly safe, fuel rats are awesome.

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by jimmychoosshoes View Post (Source)
    lol at all the people defending people killing fuel rats as a worthwhile gameplay choice. You are a credit to the game.
    Nearly as much of a credit to the game as those screeching hysterically about players getting blown up, in a game mode, where its allowed by the ruleset and compare killing fuel rats to killing RL red cross workers and the other ridiculous anaolgies.

    Originally Posted by jimmychoosshoes View Post (Source)
    As for naming and shaming, i see no name and shame here or in the article? Not sure why that was brought up.

    fly safe, fuel rats are awesome.
    Read what I wrote. Bigmaec and I were talking about another one of these threads that got out of hand.

    And yes they are. Doesnt mean they should get a carte blanche from pvp in open.

Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast