Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 106

Thread: This is precisely the reason i stay out of open

  1. #46
    Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    It won't happen. My galaxy map settings make it impossible. It's that easy.
    Not gonna argue with you as you seem self-confident to an extreme Point, but if you're mentioning that message "last scoopable star on you decidated route", then let me warn you: it doesn't take scooping into account and I've experienced Moments where that message was missing although I would have run dry on next jump.

    Galaxy map just Shows how far you can get with your current tank, but it doesn't prevent you to jump to the Point of no return.

  2. #47
    Originally Posted by Friedenreich Xante View Post (Source)
    Not gonna argue with you as you seem self-confident to an extreme Point, but if you're mentioning that message "last scoopable star on you decidated route", then let me warn you: it doesn't take scooping into account and I've experienced Moments where that message was missing although I would have run dry on next jump.

    Galaxy map just Shows how far you can get with your current tank, but it doesn't prevent you to jump to the Point of no return.
    I read the map religiously, and I'm cursed with a near-photographic memory.

    Fact is I have skills and I'm not afraid to use them. Nor talk (brag) about them either. Fuel's just my game.

  3. #48
    Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    I read the map religiously, and I'm cursed with a near-photographic memory.

    Fact is I have skills and I'm not afraid to use them. Nor talk (brag) about them either. Fuel's just my game.
    I just leave that link here just in case you're looking for a place where you can show and use your legendary fuel skills at a top Level for everyone to see

  4. #49
    Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post (Source)
    You said Fuel Rats are for Noobs. That's a an opinion and it's wrong to boot. Many an experienced CMDR has lost sight of the fuel gauge while exploring.

    Like it or not, the Fuel Rats are more awesomely special in this game that you (or I) will ever hope to be.
    Hmmm, opinion good sir. Opinion whether wrong or right.

    Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post (Source)
    Still doesn't change the facts:

    - Fuel Rats are not for Noobs. Many an experienced CMDR has lost sight of the fuel guage while exploring.
    - Fuel Rats are awesome.

    I never needed them either. That has no influence on both of those facts.
    Hmmm again I repeat opinion...

    Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post (Source)
    You say that but ...


    That statement ... also known as an opinion.


    They are special in that they don't expect to get paid. Many would have gone: I fly all that way, what's in it for me?
    They are special in providing actual emergent content which is relevant to the context of the game.
    They are special in that they don't do politiks. If you don't have fuel, they will, no questions asked.
    Emergent content? Kind of like interdicting someone and asking for cargo? Interdicting someone and blowing them up? Pulling a bait and switch on a fuel rat? Is that considered emergent content on EMERGENT CONTENT?!?!

    You're slacking on you forum trolling in this thread. I expect better

  5. #50
    Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    I read the map religiously, and I'm cursed with a near-photographic memory.

    Fact is I have skills and I'm not afraid to use them. Nor talk (brag) about them either. Fuel's just my game.
    That's not skill, that's being careful. I admit I sometimes run low on fuel while exploring (and yes, I do have experience, 800 Kly don't lie) but that's simply because I'm careless and because I have so much jump range that it is unlikely for me to get stranded.

  6. #51
    Originally Posted by Curvemn17 View Post (Source)
    Hmmm, opinion good sir. Opinion whether wrong or right.
    Fuel Rats being awesome is an objective fact.
    Hmmm again I repeat opinion...
    Both are facts.
    Emergent content? Kind of like interdicting someone and asking for cargo?
    Exactly. And I single this out because you stated a reason that has context in the game.
    Interdicting someone and blowing them up? Pulling a bait and switch on a fuel rat? Is that considered emergent content on EMERGENT CONTENT?!?!
    It is emergent content, just not relevant to the context of the game. It's pranks based on parameters outside of the game. Usually envy for not being as awesome as the Fuel Rats.

    You're slacking on you forum trolling in this thread. I expect better
    Woe is very much me.

  7. #52
    Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post (Source)
    Fuel Rats being awesome is an objective fact.

    Both are facts.

    Exactly. And I single this out because you stated a reason that has context in the game.

    It is emergent content, just not relevant to the context of the game. It's pranks based on parameters outside of the game. Usually envy for not being as awesome as the Fuel Rats.


    Woe is very much me.
    Again, one man or many mans opinion is still just that, an opinion.

    As to context in game you should have included interdicting and blowing someone up as has context in game There can be any number of reasons why someone may interdict and attack you and none of which needs explanation or a reason for the content to understand.

  8. #53
    Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post (Source)
    Fuel Rats being awesome is an objective fact.

    Both are facts.

    Exactly. And I single this out because you stated a reason that has context in the game.

    It is emergent content, just not relevant to the context of the game. It's pranks based on parameters outside of the game. Usually envy for not being as awesome as the Fuel Rats.


    Woe is very much me.
    Nope, those are not facts, "awesome" is a subjective parameter.

  9. #54
    Originally Posted by Kurama 1100 View Post (Source)
    Nope, those are not facts, "awesome" is a subjective parameter.
    Not in the case of the Fuel Rats.

  10. #55
    Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post (Source)
    Not in the case of the Fuel Rats.
    Yes. Because I could say they in fact suck or are not awesome. That makes both opinions

  11. #56
    Originally Posted by Curvemn17 View Post (Source)
    Yes. Because I could say they in fact suck or are not awesome. That makes both opinions
    You could say that, but you'd be wrong.

  12. #57

  13. #58

  14. #59
    Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post (Source)
    You could say that, but you'd be wrong.
    There it is, damn. Got me with your forum trolling. Glad you’re back

  15. #60
    Originally Posted by Curvemn17 View Post (Source)
    There it is, damn. Got me with your forum trolling. Glad you’re back
    You're welcome

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast