Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 76 to 81 of 81

Thread: This is precisely the reason i stay out of open

  1. #76
    Originally Posted by Stinja View Post (Source)
    Unless the SOP has changed since I last ratted, there is no order not to shoot back.
    I can't find it in the SOP either (beside the instruction that the fuel rat mischief is strictly non-PVP Group), but seers and janitors have repeatedly instructed not to shoot back but run instead, unless it's to draw fire away from the Client.

  2. #77
    Originally Posted by Friedenreich Xante View Post (Source)
    I can't find it in the SOP either (beside the instruction that the fuel rat mischief is strictly non-PVP Group), but seers and janitors have repeatedly instructed not to shoot back but run instead, unless it's to draw fire away from the Client.
    There was a discussion on the private Fuel Rat reddit area a year or so back. iirc the end result was "correct we do not do PvP, but shooting is not specifically banned". As said context, to get the client saved.

    Ask Orange to add you if you've not been already.

  3. #78
    Originally Posted by Stinja View Post (Source)
    Unless the SOP has changed since I last ratted, there is no order not to shoot back.

    However most rats are not armed, and those with weapons may be doing PvE, not in PvP ships, and not able to fight effectively. You can shoot to distract, ram, interpose your ship between the attackers and client (to give them time to escape): all of these have been done in the past by myself and others.
    Also as noted in the Reddit thread, we do not want escorts or to be thought of as fighting back, as then PvPers may consider us a "dial-a-fight" service.
    Rats should be fully prepared to lose ships, and should not be delicate flowers about griefing/PvP.
    We are most definitely anti-PvP while ratting, and one should not be seeking or encouraging it.

    The core point is to save the client, and combat is essentially useless 99.999% of the time to achieve this.

    As for the rats involved, well handled, and nice one to get a limpet off to the "client" despite things Snickers all around I think!
    I thought that standing order was directed at that PvP-by-dial thingy, but I stand corrected, it was propably hearsay.

  4. #79
    Incidents like this make the open game more interesting, gives players stories to tell, videos to make etc.

    Imagine if nothing controversial ever happened in this game... Think about how boring it would be if everyone just played nice like all the wet-blankets want.

  5. #80
    Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post (Source)
    Incidents like this make the open game more interesting, gives players stories to tell, videos to make etc.

    Imagine if nothing controversial ever happened in this game... Think about how boring it would be if everyone just played nice like all the wet-blankets want.
    Been there, done that (Mobius) - it's very relaxing and very efficient to reach your goals

  6. #81
    Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post (Source)
    Incidents like this make the open game more interesting, gives players stories to tell, videos to make etc.

    Imagine if nothing controversial ever happened in this game... Think about how boring it would be if everyone just played nice like all the wet-blankets want.
    I'm with you. I don't mean we're dating, but I am agreeing with you.

    I feel the same way towards combat logging. People scoff at it, but it generates lovely things like KoS lists which little people can obsess over. It's all good.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456