Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do I need a graphics card to play Elite Dangerous?

Originally Posted by Adam G. View Post (Source)
    Answered my own question - It better be able to handle for that price!

https://www.cclonline.com/product/24...-Card/VGA4075/
    A gang of thieves here, of course

Originally Posted by MickyG1982 View Post (Source)
    That isn't really too suprising, the 960 really is designed for 1080p gaming, not higher. It's also maxes out on vram at 720p ultra.
    I was actually surprised more in how well it handled 34401440.
    If it hadn't been for Horizons I would been perfectly ok with it.

And as mentioned the main bottleneck was VRAM for that resolution.
    And this was during the 2.0 beta. The level of optimizations for planetary surfaces have come a long way since.

A 4GB 960 would have probably done ok.

A 1050ti with 4GB should actually do a little better.
    Of course to knock it out of the park you could go for a 1070 but that would also mean needing a beefier psu, and higher demands for airflow and cooling.

I ended up quickly upgrading from the 960 to the 980ti myself and I had add at least one case fan to get running temps down from 75c and out of the realm of possible thermal throttling.

If budget is tight, I stand by the 1050ti recommendation, but yeah okay higher than 1080p you might not max all settings, but the game look more than ok at even medium.

That is what is officially known in the policing community as daylight robbery.

No. NO. NO!

Originally Posted by the100thmonkey View Post (Source)

No. NO. NO!
    Wow. that's 1070ti money.

Seems the major mining craze is settling.
    I'm seeing hundreds of even 1080ti's in stock so there are certainly no reason to hyper inflate the price for this value card, prices for the 1080ti is slightly higher, 30-50, more than what I paid for mine last year.
    But I suspect that's more to do with crazy RAM prices.

Same shop lists 1050ti at 190 or $248, and that includes 25% tax and shipping.

Originally Posted by the100thmonkey View Post (Source)

No. NO. NO!
    At least Jessie James used a gun!

Today Newegg has a GTX 1070ti on sale for $419 US with $10 mail in rebate and a promo code... I wish NVidia would get off the pot with a definitive release on the next gen cards.

To be fair to CCL that price is a mistake you can buy a 1080 for about 75 LESS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123