Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 111415161718 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 258

Thread: Red dead Redemption / up 4 pre-order

  1. #226
    Originally Posted by KillaALF View Post (Source)
    Well, coming from a PC which hasn't had an optical drive installed in years, the installation felt like ages. I usually pre-load games on PC and barring any huge day-one-patches I can start playing as soon as the games are released, so RDR 2 was quite the shock for me. Well worth the wait, mind, I haven't played anything else since I got it.
    Seems with a physical copy of the game, it installs that first then decides if it needs updating, which of course it will..

    It's slower than the pc, but I was playing fairly quickly, well within a hour or so.

    I had physical copies of all my older games. I remember with Arma, once you had it loaded, we had to manually update the game. Prior to A3 of course.
    Nice thing about games from Steam for instance, is it's all direct and done for you. Not keen on steam though, but what can you do. All the consoles are the same now I suppose, once it's in, it's all done for the player direct. Which is good in some respects bad in others.

  2. #227
    Originally Posted by KillaALF View Post (Source)
    Well, coming from a PC which hasn't had an optical drive installed in years,
    Such a drive is not really useful for installing games as physical distribution for PC has been killed off (and that didn't help the platform either).

    I usually pre-load games on PC and barring any huge day-one-patches I can start playing as soon as the games are released,
    I never pre-load anything, the PC is turned off, when it's not in use. For my consoles I start installing and playing the second I get hand on the media. I stopped buying on Steam sales, because the wait after purchasing Bluray-sized titles got just too long. At most it's now Free-Weekend-Buy-After-Try or nothing.

  3. #228
    Originally Posted by Mole HD View Post (Source)
    Updates and more updates...think RDR2 day one patch is 32 gig on my less than superfast broadband...this is all assuming I can remember my Xbox live account password
    The joys of living on the outskirts of a city...my download was almost 89gb...took about an hour and 20 minutes over fiber...one the few benefits of living where I live.

    I laugh every time the Harry Potter room comes up...another reason why I love being single and owning my own home, means the very idea of it is totally alien to me. Ye would be amazed at what I have in my spare room...although technically its more of an environment and theres no guest bed unless yer skint and fancy a cheap sauna experience.

    Good to hear that Royal Snail didnt mess up again...welcome back to how the fold ^

  4. #229
    Originally Posted by verminstar View Post (Source)
    The joys of living on the outskirts of a city...my download was almost 89gb...took about an hour and 20 minutes over fiber...one the few benefits of living where I live.

    I laugh every time the Harry Potter room comes up...another reason why I love being single and owning my own home, means the very idea of it is totally alien to me. Ye would be amazed at what I have in my spare room...although technically its more of an environment and theres no guest bed unless yer skint and fancy a cheap sauna experience.

    Good to hear that Royal Snail didnt mess up again...welcome back to how the fold ^
    I wasn't forced into the Harry Potter cupboard ye know...I chose it because it's the perfect size for a wee office. It used to be an old airing cupboard in the living room..being it's an old butt and ben style croft house... it's right under the stairs we had put in when we converted the loft, hence Harry Potter cupboard. It doesn't have a door or anything so it's still part of the living room.

    It's also handy since I could fit my wheelchair in it when I was stuck in one for a few years, and now it's the perfect size for my big comfy gaming chair.

    I like being in here, I don't watch TV at all so there's not much point in being on the sofa

  5. #230
    You should never, ever feel like you have to defend your man cave.

  6. #231
    Originally Posted by EUS View Post (Source)
    You should never, ever feel like you have to defend your man cave.
    I don't have to...my wife built it, made the desk, cut the holes for the cables...built a drawer underneath the desk and finally, insulated, plaster boarded and painted the whole lot

    I fixed her sewing machine and put new brake disks on her car...

  7. #232
    I have my 'den', but I don't talk about it, it's top secret.

    O.k. a small clue, someone used to call it a spare bedroom, no idea why.. It's filled with tech now, mostly untidy and old tech, but tech nevertheless.
    Can't say any more than that.

  8. #233
    Lovely...although that word just doesn't do this game justice to be fair. I honestly...for me at any rate... didn't think that the sheer immersion into a game world like the Witcher 3 achieved would be toppled.

    RDR2 does that with an ease I didn't imagine happening...a truly living, breathing world that you feel privileged to be a part of. It's quite easily a new RPG benchmark.

    10/10 from me




  9. #234
    The obvious ambush spawn outside of Saint Denis is extremely annoying and very predictable. Eventually the ambush becomes instant death unless you can escape fast enough. Looks like alot of new incompetent devs are working for R* now since this is my first garbage experience with R* playing their games since 2001.

    My review 8/10.


  10. #235
    Originally Posted by Mole HD View Post (Source)
    Lovely...although that word just doesn't do this game justice to be fair. I honestly...for me at any rate... didn't think that the sheer immersion into a game world like the Witcher 3 achieved would be toppled.

    RDR2 does that with an ease I didn't imagine happening...a truly living, breathing world that you feel privileged to be a part of. It's quite easily a new RPG benchmark.

    10/10 from me
    I sat down last night to play a little Witcher 3 and was struck by how dated the game felt compared to RDR2.
    R* has set a new industry standard which will be extremely difficult top.

  11. #236
    Originally Posted by Rade Konn View Post (Source)
    The obvious ambush spawn outside of Saint Denis is extremely annoying and very predictable. Eventually the ambush becomes instant death unless you can escape fast enough. Looks like alot of new incompetent devs are working for R* now since this is my first garbage experience with R* playing their games since 2001.

    My review 8/10.
    The ambush because you had a price on your head ?

    When I was playing in my previous life, that one before the law abiding one I have now , well almost. Law abiding where they can see or hear me, other than that...

    But yes, I had a few of these spawn in from nowhere posse type groups. I just stopped fighting them and decided to out run them, which is pretty easy to do, providing you don't run your horse straight over a cliff that is...
    It is an easy trick used by soo many game devs, its like those devs that just keep throwing enemies at you because they're using crap ai.
    Just a matter of deciding how to play the game against them, I guess.

    Can't blame Rockstar alone for that. But they could make that side a little more realistic, ie, they have to come from the town or track you down etc, not just spawn from nowhere.

  12. #237
    Originally Posted by cpbtrading View Post (Source)
    The ambush because you had a price on your head ?

    When I was playing in my previous life, that one before the law abiding one I have now , well almost. Law abiding where they can see or hear me, other than that...

    But yes, I had a few of these spawn in from nowhere posse type groups. I just stopped fighting them and decided to out run them, which is pretty easy to do, providing you don't run your horse straight over a cliff that is...
    It is an easy trick used by soo many game devs, its like those devs that just keep throwing enemies at you because they're using crap ai.
    Just a matter of deciding how to play the game against them, I guess.

    Can't blame Rockstar alone for that. But they could make that side a little more realistic, ie, they have to come from the town or track you down etc, not just spawn from nowhere.
    I haven't got that far...still just left chapter 2 and ended up at the new campsite. I find the shootouts with the law, when they happen, encourage you to just run for it instead of getting the cajones out and going toe to toe. The original was much the same, avoid a shootout with the law in the bigger towns or they'll just hand you one.

    Once you run out of dead eye, it's time to 'Git outta Dodge' and eat the bounty.

    Never ends well if you do the Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid thing....

  13. #238
    One mans gripe is anothers compliment...Ive been setting up camp close to Blackwater with the intention of farming the spawns...good source of loot and Ive managed to upgrade most of the camp with the funds from that alone. I find such an activity highly enjoyable and very profitable so long as ye dont die and best of all, doing so doesnt add to yer bounty so no need to hide the evidence.

    One little touch...Id been out fer a week hunting legendary animals when Lenny came and found me toi check I was fine and telling me they hadnt seen me in a fair bit, Dutch was worried. A little thing perhaps but its the little things that make all the difference.

    Landed an 18lb muskie too...ye know theres a medal ye get fer anything over 16lb...only took about an hour and fell to worm bait surprisingly enough. Fishing is now one my all time favourite chillout hobbies, especially good when ye have a boat. Where I was spawning the BH ambushes, they always appear on the west side of the shore...more than once Ive just sat in the boat and sniped them in between fishing. Then landed and spent near 20 minute looting 3 spawns...I think thats what they call farming ^

  14. #239
    Originally Posted by Rade Konn View Post (Source)
    The obvious ambush spawn outside of Saint Denis is extremely annoying and very predictable. Eventually the ambush becomes instant death unless you can escape fast enough. Looks like alot of new incompetent devs are working for R* now since this is my first garbage experience with R* playing their games since 2001.

    My review 8/10.
    I just watched this...yer weapon wheel had nothing more than an auto pistol and a knife, and yer out in the open running in circles...I think I know why yer dying and itís got nothing to do with rockstar...itís the old saying of dint bring a knife to a gunfight.

    They easy to deal with but not out in the open running in circles...thatís suicide even with better weapons. Fight them on ground if your choosing not theirs and it gets so much easier. So do rifles, dynamite, and shotguns fer when they get too close...once ye can dual wield ye can compliment yer pistol with the sawn off fer close range...easy peasy lemon squeezy ^

  15. #240
    I wasn't really expecting it given my hype for it but Im finding myself struggling to play it.

    Given I never got past the first ten or so story missions from the first game I really shouldn't be all that surprised at my lack of desire to play it.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 111415161718 LastLast