Thread: IBM shows off worlds smallest computer

IBM shows off worlds smallest computer

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...-solar-powered

Its apparently as fast as a PC from around 1990, so should have no problem playing the original Elite.

Raises all sorts of questions around uses.

A computer that is the size of a grain of salt could be stitched into your clothes.
    Into your body to monitor you 24/7.
    Onto credit and debit cards to store your bank balance remotely
    Any type of saleable item could have these on them as they could replace bar codes and provide manufacturers and retailers with a vast amount of information on products, especially if are built in with wifi as they then could transmit and receive data constantly.
    They could be put on advertising hoardings and used to detect who is walking by through the built in chips on peoples clothes and phones, then advertise directly to the individual.
    They could record everything in your life and then upload it, creating a panoptican society.

They could surreptitiously be implanted in the populace to allow extreme surveillance by .........

(where's me tin-foil hat?)

Originally Posted by Para Handy View Post (Source)
    They could surreptitiously be implanted in the populace to allow extreme surveillance by .........

(where's me tin-foil hat?)

It makes me think that in 20 years time they will probably have aerosol computers that they can infect the population with by spraying them without their knowledge.

Originally Posted by The Chairmaker View Post (Source)
    It makes me think that in 20 years time they will probably have aerosol computers that they can infect the population with by spraying them without their knowledge.
    What do you think contrails are?

Soon, we will all be patched at birth

Originally Posted by TorTorden View Post (Source)
    What do you think contrails are?
    Oh no, you're not one of those?..

Originally Posted by Caramel Clown View Post (Source)
    Oh no, you're not one of those?..
    Yup.

I'm one of those people who really enjoy messing with a conspiracy nut's own delusions by adding more outlandish theories to their own.

Do it right you can see them go white in the face while mentally digging a bunker under their yard.

Do it really well and they just might dig the bunker and stay in it

As for conspiracies in general, most would involve a substantial amount of people, and several career politicians.

Do you really think those people are capable of holding a massive secret when they can't even keep their own genitalia off twitter ?

Yup.

I'm one of those people who really enjoy messing with a conspiracy nut's own delusions by adding more outlandish theories to their own.

Do it right you can see them go white in the face while mentally digging a bunker under their yard.

As for conspiracies in general, most would involve a substantial amount of people, and several career politicians.

Do you really think those people are capable of holding a massive secret when they can't even keep their own genitalia off twitter ?
    I thought maybe you actually believe that nonsense

Yup.

I remember once on an oil rig at coffee break on an oilrig our rig welder was a conspiracy nut and extolling the conspiracy behind flouride being used to make us all more docile and accept the will of the illuminati, we were pretty sure he wore a tinfoil hat under his welding mask, so at the end of break time you cannot imagine the reaction of the tinfoiling welder when one of the junior engineers makes his exit saying "Right I'd better go and top up the fluoride in our drinking water, 'cause the government have emailed me about it"...

Those same conspiracy nuts consider you a subservient sheep blindly following the next fashionable Judas goat.