Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Lave Radio Conference (Trade)

Originally Posted by GraphiteGB View Post (Source)
    The higher profit items are on the other community goal... this is a charity event CG...
    You won't get rich doing this CG and it won't cover a T9 rebuy from being spaced in open untill you do over 10 runs...
    Its ~ 300k for Power gens per run in this CG...
    Its ~ 600k for mag coils per run in the other CG...

Its allready skipped the first twos days which would have cleaned out the 3mill per run items and only enabled the cheaper items from day 1 instead this means those who start on the weekends won't have missed the high gain items as there are none...
    Thanks for that info, saves me wondering if something was wrong

Well, the profits are pretty lame (unless you feel like making 10 jumps in a fully-laden T-9), but at least I can play both sides of this one! Hehe.

Originally Posted by Tink View Post (Source)
    I'm currently doing this CG and shifted nearly 30000 tonnes of cargo into the station. I'm in the top 10% thought I might get into the top 10 commanders looking at the figures earlier in the week but Inara is saying to do that now you need to have shifted in over 57000 tonnes .. I have a T9 hauling 720 tonnes a go, I put in 6 hours Thursday, Sunday, Monday & Tuesday Night and about 14 hours Saturday .. A total of 32 hours approx so on that figure to do 60 tonnes would take about 60hrs and Inara is quoting the top commander as 120000 tones thus far which would equate to about 120 hrs gameplay at my rates... there are only 168 hrs in a week and we have 31 hours of this CG to run that means they have only had 17 hours of sleep etc since this CG started .. !! How the hell do people manage to shift that much cargo ?? is there some sort of cheating going on ???
    Think your maths is way out
    Each cargo run is only ~ 8 - 14 mins for 786 tons of power gens, stations have stock less than 7 ly away
    Times by 4 per hour min.. 3144 tons per hour,
    so 120000 only takes 38 hours...

PC can use bots
    but for this CG they realy don't need to as macro keys can be set up on Keyboards...

PC users can code Macro keys to do all the jumping commands loops for them... All they have to do is aim the ship.. at the jump point...
    1 key press for each system of the 2 systems in the loop... Automaticly Open the nav panel scroll and select system then active the drive and 100% throttle... on one key press...
    Then set a macro for the Station in system...and set throttle to 75%... then aim manualy, all they have to do is disable super cruse at the right point and then use an other macro to target the station and get the docking computer to land the ship after they get docking clearence at <7.5km...

Even if you don't have dedicated macro keys Keyboard PC software will add it to normal Keyboard...
    So on PC lots of the CG can be Automated via the Keyboard...

If you have a Macro supporting Controller for console, you can do the same to take out some of the boring menu usage of the CG loop runs...

Under side buttons for each station and each system after updating the macros in the PC app for the controller...
    Hotas console users can't use any of this.... Booo...

For those who want to increase there percentage place and are not allready flying to coulter city station in solo...
    Now would be a good time to drop for profit runs for faster units returns...
    its still got over 1 million tons left of power gens...

Each cargo run is only ~ 8 - 14 mins for 786 tons of power gens, stations have stock less than 7 ly away

PC can use bots
    but for this CG they realy don't need to as macro keys can be set up on Keyboards...

PC users can code Macro keys to do all the jumping commands loops for them... All they have to do is aim the ship.. at the jump point...
    1 key press for each system of the 2 systems in the loop... Automaticly Open the nav panel scroll and select system then active the drive and 100% throttle... on one key press...
    Then set a macro for the Station in system...and set throttle to 75%... then aim manualy, all they have to do is disable super cruse at the right point and then use an other macro to target the station and get the docking computer to land the ship after they get docking clearence at <7.5km...

Even if you don't have dedicated macro keys Keyboard PC software will add it to normal Keyboard...

If you have a Macro supporting Controller for console, you can do the same to take out some of the boring menu usage of the CG loop runs...

Under side buttons for each station and each system after updating the macros in the PC app for the controller...
    Which is why I deleted my post !!!

I can tell this CG was Popular...…

Well I was in the area and thought I may as well contribute, 2,000t should keep at least someone happy....

No Decals though, such a shame. hopefully the next CG will be a lot more worth while!!

PC can use bots

No need for "cheaty" macros. Every Buckyball Type-9 Racer in this event: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ts-Heavy-Metal managed two round trips in less than 20 minutes, so less than 30 hours total required to deliver 120,000 tons with current Type-9s.

Originally Posted by Raiko View Post (Source)
    No need for "cheaty" macros. Every Buckyball Type-9 Racer in this event: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ts-Heavy-Metal managed two round trips in less than 20 minutes, so less than 30 hours total required to deliver 120,000 tons with current Type-9s.
    Some problem with the math.

Even if someone could, during 30 hours, maintain that kind of speed:
    2 round trips (each round trip would bring 500 tons) for 20 minutes = 3000 tons per hour (6 round trips per hour).
    3000 x 30 = 90.000 tons not 120.000.

1) The race was ages ago when T9s had 256t less cargo capacity. So it's 30 x 4200ish

2) There's no need to keep the pace up for so long because the 30 hours can be spread across a whole week.

3) We're more than capable of maintaining a high pace for a few hours, as demonstrated by the A* Challenge.

Originally Posted by Raiko View Post (Source)
    1) The race was ages ago when T9s had 256t less cargo capacity. So it's 30 x 4200ish

2) There's no need to keep the pace up for so long because the 30 hours can be spread across a whole week.

3) We're more than capable of maintaining a high pace for a few hours, as demonstrated by the A* Challenge.

You are correct. Even so I still find it hard (but not impossible).
    Maintaining round trips of 10 minutes, even if the 30 hours are spread through 7 days, means maintaining that high rhythm for around 4.2 hours per day.
    Not for the faint of heart...

Originally Posted by hugonabais View Post (Source)
    You are correct. Even so I still find it hard (but not impossible).
    Maintaining round trips of 10 minutes, even if the 30 hours are spread through 7 days, means maintaining that high rhythm for around 4.2 hours per day.
    Not for the faint of heart...
    Agreed. The most I've ever delivered is about 20k I think in my T9 prior to the cargo buff.

There's some really dedicated nutters at these trade CGs though, so I just thought it was a little unfair to suggest that they were using keypress macros to achieve their hauls.

And I remembered our Lakon race, so I was curious how our rates stacked up. Note that my time was well off the pace, but still well under 20 minutes for the two round trips, cookiehole only took 15 minutes so he could have had a break after every round trip and still beat me.

Ok. We have accounted for 9 of the top 10.... who was the other mad basket trucking like mad? We want to send that person a minor reward.

Anyone else over 94k who wasn't with the Hutton crew?

The Lave Jet Family managed to stop the Live Podcast on the 12th due to their Jammers.

However, now that our transmitters have been upgraded thanks to the help of the vastly superior number of commanders, we should be up and running for the 19th!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12