Thread: I saw Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom [No spoilers]

I saw Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom [No spoilers]

The movie it's… oh boy… I was so happy to see the movie, and they decide to destroy my dreams. The movie it's just a horror movie (Or at least it tries), where the fanservice it's another protagonist. Only 20 minutes are on the island, most of the time there are no dinosaurs, 80% of the characters are just plain stupid, it's like they want to go against human logic, they don't act like a human would act in certain situations, and the most iconic dinosaurs act like superheroes, they just appear on the screen to save the day of our characters. There is no logic in the scenes, they happen for the convenience of the argument.

And the trailer, well, don't believe the trailer, it looks that it's going to happen a lot of things, but it don't, it's just a bait. Totally dissapointed. At least I had a good time laughing with all the irregularities and "stormtrooper" characters.

They’ve been making movies about an island where dinosaurs escape and eat everything they can find, then they’re allowed to build ANOTHER attraction at the same place where the dinosaurs escape and EAT EVERYTHING THEY CAN FIND and only now your questioning the franchise?

**edit**: if you really want your dreams crushed by the movie industry try being a life long Star Wars fan.

Originally Posted by EISENHORN01 View Post (Source)
    They’ve been making movies about an island where dinosaurs escape and eat everything they can find, then they’re allowed to build ANOTHER attraction at the same place where the dinosaurs escape and EAT EVERYTHING THEY CAN FIND and only now your questioning the franchise?

**edit**: if you really want your dreams crushed by the movie industry try being a life long Star Wars fan.
    It's a bad idea, but ideas that could make a lot of money are usually financed. And then, there is the human spirit of doing incredible things just for the sake of doing it, even when it's a bad idea, so this has more credibility than all the stupidity that secondary and main characters do.

And... unfortunately, I am... or… maybe I was? A fan of Star Wars...

Grace at Beyond The Trailer liked it .. and she's my go to guru.
    Her (spoiler free) review ; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KucPuMkM3g

Originally Posted by Winterwalker View Post (Source)
    Grace at Beyond The Trailer liked it .. and she's my go to guru.
    Her (spoiler free) review ; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KucPuMkM3g
    If you can disconnect your brain from all the nonsense, it can entertain. My problem it's that the situations are really forced and really over the top, I can't believe anything, it's like the acrobatic girl who attacked a velociraptor, or the last scene of Jurassic World 1, where a T-Rex, Blue, and Mosaurus cooperated to defeat the Indominus Rex... The new trilogy it's like watching this typical Hollywood nonsensical action movie, and I don't want that, the movies keeps getting far and far away from the spirit of the first movie.

In this movie there are fights where dinosaurs fight for the sake of fighting or to save conveniently the characters, then we have humans, who act like they doesn't have common sense to force those really dangerous situations. "Hey, I have this rifle, I could shoot from a secure distance, but I prefer to aproach this dangerous dinosaur, there it is, now I'm dead". "Look at this incredible big stampede, no problem, if we stand here, every rock and dinosaur wll pass by us", etc... They create those over the top scene to appeal the eye, but at the cost of the credibility. Indoraptor it's good, it's an incredible troll XD, but he is gone too fast...

It's like Star Wars VIII, if you want action and nothing more, well, you will enjoy it, but if you want some kind of logic in the movie, sorry, there is none.