Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LaveCon 2018 QA quick recap

LaveCon 2018 QA quick recap

* Mining
    + Will have three stages - regular one (which we have now), a bit deeper mining, and splitting up asteroids. New, interesting stuff can be found and experienced (blowing up asteroids might end up being a bit risky);

* Exploration
    + Drones - enough said. Launching will take physics in mind and will enable exploration with multi crew;
    + Drones will give full map, which will show all interesting POIs so players doesn't have to 'peek' interesting stuff;
    + And that's not all, more hinted to come;

* Graphics
    + Update on lighting - new adaptive lighting system shots; Also with color grading; (Looks amazing btw)
    + OMG ice shader

Both mining and exploration will allow other crew members to engage with it.

Drones can be launched in SC.

Recap from reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDanger..._lavecon_2018/

Mining

-New asteroid looks (eyeballing opportunities?)

-Giant, high risk, asteroid. Placing charges on weak points to shatter the big gold rush asteroids. Prospector limpet will give you the info to do this.

-Can do as multicrew.

Exploration:

-Sensor probes. Fire them around a planet (or rings) will follow a partially-guided orbit (parabolic arc). When close enough to surface will obtain data from large local area. They want you to 'paint' locations. (You can do 'trick shots' using gravity draw. IE you could hit the opposite side of a planet with skill). There will be 'mechanical rewards' [?] for

-Do-able in multicrew.

-Multicrew exploration rewards.

-Eliminating need to eyeball planets.

-When you have full surface data for a planet, you'll get locations of interesting POI. (May be a breadcrumb trail. WIP).

-Aim is to give you info about whether to proceed, rather than go fairly randomly to see if 'something' is there.

-Seeding the galaxy with 'discoveries'.

-Geological & biological phenomnon (space lightning shown!?)

-Going to split galaxy into regions for codex etc

Art

-Multi suns making curating look tricky

-Look at adaptive lighting

-colour grade can adapt scenes depending on sun light and local events etc

Originally Posted by Jack Schitt View Post (Source)
    All of this sounds awesome.
    Also it looks good. It seems they are way ahead to do that Q4 launch.

I am getting excited for this all over again... Any screenshots?

Originally Posted by JesusRocks1988 View Post (Source)
    I am getting excited for this all over again... Any screenshots?
    Will have to pull from LaveRadio stream, but I think FD also said they will post some of it online themselves.

Being able to blow things up is almost always a good thing.

All very nice sounding, but forgive me for being very sceptical on when this is all supposed to be appearing.

Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    Will have to pull from LaveRadio stream, but I think FD also said they will post some of it online themselves.
    Sounds good.

I especially like the sound of these sensor drones. This is exactly the kind of active exploration that we need.

Originally Posted by GarbrielAngelos View Post (Source)
    All very nice sounding, but forgive me for being very sceptical on when this is all supposed to be appearing.
    Based on what? On FD actually saying they gonna launch in specific time of year and then doing it?

Originally Posted by JesusRocks1988 View Post (Source)
    Sounds good.

I especially like the sound of these sensor drones. This is exactly the kind of active exploration that we need.
    Yeah, it sounds huge step in right direction. I hope however they also make exploration and mining a bit intertwined with background sim.

Video https://www.twitch.tv/videos/271209822

I'd skip the Q&A itself, FWIW

(Also in there : Thargoids visiting human settlements! That was my highlight )

As a taster for mining and exploration it all looked very appealing.
    The visuals definitely looked superb.
    Count me interested.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast