Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You're probably going to say "duh, it's obvious", but I think I get it now. (PvP dislike)

Originally Posted by rootsrat View Post (Source)
    No, I don't think that is the case. Losing can also be a positive experience. The fight, the thrill, the close call, the not knowing, all that kind of stuff.
    + Repped! You get it.

Rooks o7

Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    I was just reading the FFF, where someone's post struck me.

It said something along the lines of that they don't want to spend time with people who want to fight and destroy them in-game, however, they are happy to have "positive" encounters.

The thing is I can't help but think that "positive" means they have a chance of winning.

Do you guys think this is the cause of the PvP/E divide? People just want to "win" every time, and if they can't for whatever reason then they get upset? Because I'm not sure that's how competitive play works...
    I think there's a lotta different tastes so I can only speak for myself. I just hate the impersonal gank. Dying in an instant and that's the end of it, or maybe "lolnoob" is frustrating, at least in a game that isn't set up for fast-paced pvp. But I don't mind dying if it results in a good social interaction. Basically what it comes down to for me.

Originally Posted by Eriseley View Post (Source)
    I think there's a lotta different tastes so I can only speak for myself. I just hate the impersonal gank. Dying in an instant and that's the end of it, or maybe "lolnoob" is frustrating, at least in a game that isn't set up for fast-paced pvp. But I don't mind dying if it results in a good social interaction. Basically what it comes down to for me.
    Precisely. Psycho murders are simply disappointing. I try very hard to understand the thinking of someone who treats other players as AI wanted ships, even though they are clean, no threat, and no challenge. The only conclusion that I come to is that they want to irritate someone.

A positive outcome from being ganked would be something like: "...I am the dread pirate xxx, submit and deliver all your cargo or face punishment..." You give over your cargo or not, and consequences happen. Afterwards, you're able to laugh about it whatever the result, share ship builds etc. Maybe team up, who knows.

Or, if they want a proper fight, at least allow my to go fetch something built for a fight.

Having a ship suddenly appear from nowhere, interdict, and then attack immediately with 4 racks of packhounds is just sad. Especially when the muppet doesn't get the kill.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123