Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duelling or Murder? .. CONSENT is the answer!

Originally Posted by Ian Doncaster View Post (Source)
    This was introduced already as part of the 3.0 C&P reforms.
    Oh? I don't remember having a lower rebuy the last time I got blown into smithereens. Are you sure?

Consent was already given. How many times are we going to have this conversation on these forums? The cmdr signed on the dotted line when they clicked the word Open. The tools are provided for such an event by FDev, its a supported playstyle by FDev. There is no such thing as griefer in open or even murderer considering you don't actually die.

To add to this, I have been called a griefer on numerous occasions for pirating a vessel, does this mean I would be banned as well for a career choice that FDev has said I can chase? A much simpler solution would be to understand modes and the words griefer/ganker.

Originally Posted by space voyager View Post (Source)
    Oh? I don't remember having a lower rebuy the last time I got blown into smithereens. Are you sure?
    It's supposed to work that way, and there was a post somewhere recently from someone who'd got a 60% discount. I haven't had a rebuy since 2.3, though, so I've not personally checked.

If your killer had notoriety zero (not that you can tell...) you probably wouldn't get a discount in that case, though. Probably also not in any case (e.g. Anarchy / crimes off / Powerplay exceptions) where they wouldn't gain notoriety for killing you in the first place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12