Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Custom Resolution

Custom Resolution

Hello!
    I have 3 monitors, 2x 1920x1080 monitors(left,right), and 1 2560x1080 monitor (center) and I was wondering, if I could get some help running the game windowed at a 6400x1080 resolution so that it may span across all three monitors. I have tried Nvidia surround, however it only displays in 1920x1080 on the 21:9 ultrawide in the center. I have changed the resolution in the settings file, but it doesn't stick. Any help on this would be appreciated!

2. This is the last staff post in this thread. #2
    Hello,
    This entirely depends on your graphics card, not all graphics card supported this feature. If you are using Nvidia GPU, the function would be called Nvidia Surround and it is included in your graphics driver.
    If you are using AMD card, it should be called Multi-Display Eyefinity.

Thank you for not reading the entire post and understanding that I already attempted that however on the 21:9 monitor which displays @ 2560x1080 is displaying at 1920x1080 with Nvidia surround. To get around this with other games, I simply set the game to run in windowed mode, and set the resoultion via the settings file to 6400x1080 to cover all three monitors, however when I edit the settings file for elite dangerous it simply reverts back to a default resolution rather than maintaining the one I set. I see this support staff is as useless as rumored to be.

not that I have three monitors to play around with but this setting file you edit are you saying that once you have edited a value in the file that the file then returns to default value if so could you not try making that file read only so the default value cannot be written back to it
    or try this method maybe https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDanger...lutions_using/

I have tried that but then it still reverts back to a non-native resolution for the primary monitor and ignores the file.

did you try the linked suggestion too?

Originally Posted by Jiofreed View Post (Source)
    I see this support staff is as useless as rumored to be.
    Yeah, 'cos that's really gonna make them want to help you.

Originally Posted by Jiofreed View Post (Source)
    Thank you for not reading the entire post and understanding that I already attempted that however on the 21:9 monitor which displays @ 2560x1080 is displaying at 1920x1080 with Nvidia surround. To get around this with other games, I simply set the game to run in windowed mode, and set the resoultion via the settings file to 6400x1080 to cover all three monitors, however when I edit the settings file for elite dangerous it simply reverts back to a default resolution rather than maintaining the one I set. I see this support staff is as useless as rumored to be.
    I think you stand a better chance of getting some sensible technical support from Frontier on this matter if you actually raise a support ticket on the support website.

I always found support to be very helpful but the standard in this sub-forum has dipped. There have definitely been signs of staff not actually knowing how the game works - a recent example being thinking that a player can actually "join" the Party of Yoru. So maybe there are some new staff who have not got to grips with the game properly, unfortunately there seems no supervision in effect either. Hopefully things will improve again.