Thread: Skull and Bones (finally a Pirate Sim worth playing?)

Skull and Bones (finally a Pirate Sim worth playing?)

So if anyone here played Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and thought i love the pirate part but can't be bothered with the main game or story...

"Ohhh why wasnt this just a pirate ship sim on it's own..."

Well your dream has come true.

That said, I do think Naval Action still.trumps them all.

Been waiting on this game for a year now, very excited. Sounds like the pushed it’s release date back to next year in order to add some more elements outside of ship sailing. For example, the outfitting at the island base and potentially some for of single player option.

Meh. Multiplayer.

Originally Posted by Fishy View Post (Source)
    Meh. Multiplayer.
    Yeah. I'd love to just have a pirate Skyrim. Boat buying and sailing, Island exploring, pirate base building, treasure looting, and swashbuckling! All very mod friendly too.

Originally Posted by Fishy View Post (Source)
    Meh. Multiplayer.
    Originally Posted by Mengy View Post (Source)
    Yeah. I'd love to just have a pirate Skyrim. Boat buying and sailing, Island exploring, pirate base building, treasure looting, and swashbuckling! All very mod friendly too.
    Oh good more anti social comments, as if there weren’t enough of this on these forums. I must have missed the shift in gamer mentality where people started only wanting to play a single player game.

On that note, the game you describe is Assassins Creed Black Flag. Also check out Sid Meyers Pirates.

Well multiplayer no thanks.... however looks good though.

Originally Posted by Goose4291 View Post (Source)
    That said, I do think Naval Action still.trumps them all.
    Originally Posted by Curvemn17 View Post (Source)
    Also check out Sid Meyers Pirates.
    I will check these two out..

Multiplayer is the way its going though with these kind of games.

Online games as a service...sell em Microtransactions.

Look at the game this forum belongs to for example.

Originally Posted by Vasco Sapien View Post (Source)
    Multiplayer is the way its going though with these kind of games.

Online games as a service...sell em Microtransactions.

Look at the game this forum belongs to for example.
    It makes sense tho. Use to be a time when the life span of a game was how quickly you could run through the campaign and then it was on to the next game. Then Halo introduced downloadable updates, then you got the season passes, then micro transactions. Honestly, I’m happier with a longer game life cycle. Now granted my perception is skewed as I have only ever been console, started on Super Nintendo, but my point stil stands. I’d rather support the developers of a game that holds my interest that long and offers such diverse opportunities VS something I’ll put down once the campaign is up and once I’ve predicted exactly how the NPC will behave in each situation.

It’s the future, sometimes you can’t fight progress.

Originally Posted by Curvemn17 View Post (Source)
    It makes sense tho. Use to be a time when the life span of a game was how quickly you could run through the campaign and then it was on to the next game. Then Halo introduced downloadable updates, then you got the season passes, then micro transactions. Honestly, I’m happier with a longer game life cycle. Now granted my perception is skewed as I have only ever been console, started on Super Nintendo, but my point stil stands. I’d rather support the developers of a game that holds my interest that long and offers such diverse opportunities VS something I’ll put down once the campaign is up and once I’ve predicted exactly how the NPC will behave in each situation.

It’s the future, sometimes you can’t fight progress.
    I wonder if any significant number of players would still be playing ED if it was a solo game only.

However to meet halfway with other sentiments on this forum, it would be nice if skull and bones had a solo mode and i do not want to see the end of solo titles. I would argue that in some cases 'Games as a service' can be a toxic money trap.

Its like anything is life..Caveat emptor.

Originally Posted by Vasco Sapien View Post (Source)
    I wonder if any significant number of players would still be playing ED if it was a solo game only.

However to meet halfway with other sentiments on this forum, it would be nice if skull and bones had a solo mode and i do not want to see the end of solo titles. I would argue that in some cases 'Games as a service' can be a toxic money trap.

Its like anything is life..Caveat emptor.
    Completely agree. Originally it was suppose to release this fall, but they pushed back the release date to next year. As I understand it and rumor has it this was to add a solo experience and not just have their hunting ground feature online mode only. Somewhat a lesson learned from For Honor and Sea of Thieves.