Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The black just got blacker - Full RGB

The black just got blacker - Full RGB

The black just got blacker for me across the board with a simple display tweak.

I ran across an article on How To Geek about if your monitor is connected via an HDMI cable you may not be getting Full RGB colors. I did the tweak and sure enough, the black does not seem washed out at all and now looks fully black. It really did make a difference.

I thought I would pass this along so others might benefit from this.

https://www.howtogeek.com/285277/how...mi-on-your-pc/

See you in the blackest of black!

Wow - that's a massive improvement. Thanks OP!

Heh, perfect timing.

Always known how to do this with AMD GFX cards but just been playing with an NVidia card tonight and that was the last little thing that was bugging me.

Im bookmarking this for when I actually get a Desktop PC. Thanks OP

Yeah, it makes a huge difference. I had no idea that there was a "semi-hidden" setting in the NVidia control panel to fix this, until a friend pointed it out to me, a couple of years ago.

Useful thanks, although I recently fixed my shades-of-grey issues by moving from a 24" TN (DVI-D) display to a 27" IPS (Display Port).

Fan-flipping-tastic, with no drop in FPS despite increased resolution!

Worth every penny!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't know about this.

I like to go and peek at different hardware and software settings (especially advanced ones) to see all the options and sometimes change them to my liking but right clicking my desktop to change graphics settings never occurred to me. I figured the main GPU settings took care of everything.

Boy was I wrong.

I've been disappointed with a new monitor purchase for a few months now, turns out it looks awesome. Thanks for info, like a whole new game now.

It's worth pointing out here that Win 10 updates have a tendency to reset graphic driver settings so you have to re-enable full RGB. That's with nVidia, not sure about AMD. Couldn't work out what the hell was up the first time this happened until I googled why graphics suddenly looked so much worse.

I have this with my oculus and a GTX980, it appears to be set to limited, tried lots of different methods to get it on full but, appears not to want to take it.

Dark tidings, indeed.

Note that the panel you use, has to support the full gamut provided by RGB. Many (particularly newer) TN panels will cope, some certainly will not. Older/ cheap TN panels often don't. IPS panels typically will provide a massive improvement due to the technology better representing colours and the full RGB space is one of their biggest advantages.

If there is ever a reason to get an IPS panel, Elite is surely one of the good ones.

Goodness, mine was on default of 8, and limited, so I switched it to full and noticed the difference on my desktop.

I am going to go try out ED in VR and check it out.

Thank you.

Will post my results.

Thanks for the tip. I was on Limited as well.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast