Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Controls locking up (camera/scroll/GUI interaction)

Originally Posted by White1220 View Post (Source)
    Frequency of the Bug/Issue
    Rarely

Describe the Issue
    Anytime I try to use the steam overlay while researching fossils or taking a quick break, when I come back the camera will pan uncontrollably in either direction. Sometimes it spins fast.

Reproduction Steps
    1. play game
    2. use steam overlay
    3. crazy camera

Expected Result
    Game would resume full use of controls after using steam overlay.

Actual Result
    Game camera spins and pans way off buildable area.

Supporting Evidence URLs
    N/a
    I've had similar issues with the overlay. For some reason after the fallen kingdom update, it now makes me unable to click on anything instead. It does other stuff than just messes with the mouse. it messes with the keyboard controls, sometimes locking them. The way you get it to stop is to put in the same input you put in that's causing it to go berserk. So for example pressing left when the screen or a building is rotating left causes it to stop. At first I thought it was my keyboard but now I know it'sthe overlay from personal experimentation.

It does more than just mess with the overworld though, it also locks vehicle controls as well. So you'll end up having your jeep or helicopter move in a single direction non-stop until you press that direction again. Very annoying bug and needs to be fixed. As I said above though, after the fallen kingdom update, this issue stopped. However, now I can't click on any menu options when this issue happens instead, effectively making the game unplayable. there's no way to fix it either this time. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Frontier! Fix this issue!

Came here to report this same bug, has been an issue before Fallen Kingdom too (although I understand this is a content DLC, not a bug fix).

Really hope to see this one fixed, it's set off by alt tabbing too.

This is ridiculous.

Originally Posted by Glisp View Post (Source)
    I've had similar issues with the overlay. For some reason after the fallen kingdom update, it now makes me unable to click on anything instead. It does other stuff than just messes with the mouse. it messes with the keyboard controls, sometimes locking them. The way you get it to stop is to put in the same input you put in that's causing it to go berserk. So for example pressing left when the screen or a building is rotating left causes it to stop. At first I thought it was my keyboard but now I know it'sthe overlay from personal experimentation.

It does more than just mess with the overworld though, it also locks vehicle controls as well. So you'll end up having your jeep or helicopter move in a single direction non-stop until you press that direction again. Very annoying bug and needs to be fixed. As I said above though, after the fallen kingdom update, this issue stopped. However, now I can't click on any menu options when this issue happens instead, effectively making the game unplayable. there's no way to fix it either this time. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Frontier! Fix this issue!
    I have this exact same problem as well. I cannot use the overlay or my controls get completely screwed up. Happenes every time. I need to click the mouse constantly for 10 seconds before it regesters, and if I move it slightly from a specific point I have to do it for another ten seconds. there is no way for me to fix it even restarting the game doesn't work. Completely unplayable. If it's not fixed soon I will want a refund! This is seroiously unacceptable.

Confirmed. Steam overlay causes camera bug.

Confirming, steam overlay causes the camera and clicking bug. Disabling it completely removes the issue.

I just had this happen to me too. It began happening when I started using the steam overlay. Very annoying.

Expedition center map won't move

Frequently

Describe the Issue
    Ever since the recent patch apparently fixed the edge scrolling in the main view, I've had trouble moving the map around in the expedition center. Freqeuntly both clicking and dragging and edge scrolling will stop responding and the only control I have over the expedition map is the scroll wheel zoom.

Reproduction Steps
    Open the expedition center and attempt to move the view with your mouse.

Expected Result
    Should be able to move around the world map using either edge scrolling or click and drag.

Actual Result
    All that works is zooming in or out.

Supporting Evidence URLs
    none

happened to me too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFqUFX3HXvc is this what you mean? because that's what im getting

1.3.1 version of the game still has this issue. You have not fixed that. Using Steam Overalay breaks UI and camera controls.

Camera Controls Move On Their Own (PC/Steam)

Rarely

Describe the Issue
    It just started today. Every now and then the camera will move in either direction and some camera controls take a few presses to register. Makes moving around the map quite difficult.

Might be because of using the Steam Overlay because I didn't use it at all yesterday and this issue started today only.

Reproduction Steps
    N/A

Expected Result
    N/A

Actual Result
    Rogue Camera Movements / Delayed Control

Supporting Evidence URLs
    N/A

Steam Overlay

Rarely

Describe the Issue
    Whenever the Steam Overlay is opened and then closed, the game barely responds to key commands or mouse clicks. The only way to fix it is to close the game and restarting it.

Reproduction Steps
    Just open up the Steam Overlay.

Expected Result
    Sever difficulty in clicking on anything in the menu or in the game. Key commands will most likely not work.

Actual Result
    The same as the expected results.

Supporting Evidence URLs
    No, I do not have any.

Yes you do in the name of other people i absolutely HATE steam for this reason steam is actually a legalized keylogger , Its nothing but a glorified virus disguising itself as as a game platform , Ever-since i put that piece of bloat where on my system I cant run certain programs without my antivirus has a fit naming steam as the culprit . Never the less when i try to close out of steam after opening the game i bought the game immediately crashes because steam is not running...

WHY did you put a great game on a PICE of platform like steam ?!?!?

i get the same issue

Originally Posted by doktormoose View Post (Source)
    I have the same issue but it extends to my jeep controls too.
    After about 20 minutes of playtime

Describe the Issue
    Camera gets stuck moving in a direction, same for jeep controls, untested for helicopter. Issue is the WASD keys being stuck in activated state.

Reproduction Steps
    Just hold down the camera and jeep steering keys and it should happen.

Expected Result
    I expected the camera and the jeep to get stuck turning left or right or accelerating

Actual Result
    W A S D keys need to be tapped a few times to unstick them
    I've only just reported this bug also.
    however added i also get mouse input lag too

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123