Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Controls locking up (camera/scroll/GUI interaction)

Originally Posted by QA-Jack View Post (Source)
    Hey,

Thanks for your reports on this issue - I have passed this on to be looked into, in the meantime do any of you have a video showing this issue happening as it may shed some light as to what is causing this issue (sometimes it can be triggered in the lead up to it actually happening).

Thanks in advance!
    Happens quite frequently after going into the steam overlay with shift-tab

keys locking up/sticking

I am having same issue too. As everybody else has reported. After few hrs of playing the game. Either with jeep or just scrolling with the mouse.. Some time it will randomly stick and just keep going in the direction you we're scrolling in game. or Jeep will stop going forward..

Seem almost like there over buffer here happening. Like you know if you hold key too long in windows then windows starts to complain by beeping at you till it catchs up.

Alt tab out once and then back into game and couldn't even select the screen and menu.. Mouse curor was off center..

Screenshot does not show where my mouse is. but it's not over the button.
    But yes. Everything others have reported. I have had similar or almost same issue happen on my pc.
    System spec below

Do the dev's still need a video?

-Game Pc: i7 3770k 3.5 Ghz/16 GB Ram/GTX 1080TI SC/2x 240 SSD GB/Win 7 64bit
    -Beta tester for small Beta indie team and Server admin/moderator for there discord (Beast of Bermuda)
    -Sire DragonChester

I had the WASD pan sticking when in windowed/borderless.
    Ones I switched over to Fullscreen the issue disappeared.

Those that are running the game in windowed should try the switch, might just work.

Cursor Issues

Frequency of the Bug/Issue
    Frequently

Describe the Issue
    While being shift-tabbed out (steam), sometimes being afk, or simply alt-tabbing out of the game, the cursor in-game will bug out to where it incredibly unresponsive. You have to click multiple times to click things, when using w-a-s-d to move the camera they can bug out too and the camera will keep going even after releasing the key. I've already checked to make sure it wasn't my actual out of game cursor, and It's not.

Reproduction Steps
    There are three known ways to do this:
    1. Stop moving for a while.
    2. Shift-tab to bring up steam interface and stay there for more than a minute.
    3. Alt-tab out of the game.

Expected Result
    Your in-game cursor and your in-game hot keys will bug out and be extremely unresponsive.

Actual Result
    Almost every time I do the steps (only have to do one) the keys and cursor bug out in-game.

Supporting Evidence URLs
    N/A

KEYBINDING BUG

This issue seems to be common and will probably annoy us for a long time. My worst experience was that I wasn't able to use ESC button at some point and I believe that it is also related to this issue. And since the developers haven't added any other menu shortcuts and if you haven't saved your game for some time, it can prove to be an issue especially on the extra island.

Steam overlay makes menu unclickable

All of the time

Describe the Issue
    I opened the steam overlay in the main menu and it made all the buttons unclickable

Reproduction Steps
    open the steam overlay and then close it again

Expected Result
    should be able to click on menu items after overlay is closed

Actual Result
    can't click on anything

Supporting Evidence URLs
    not much to see

Edge scrolling bug

All of the time

Describe the Issue
    edge scrolling stops working.

Reproduction Steps
    1) open expedition map or fossil or research centre by clicking on the building and go to the map via the button ; exit with escape key; sidescrolling not possible; the workaround is to click on an other building and right click.
    2) click on any dino and access the database over the info tab, exit with ecs key. workaround same as 1)

Expected Result
    edge scrolling works after these steps.

Actual Result
    unnecessary mouse actions are required; people with carpal tunnel syndrome stress their hand more

Supporting Evidence URLs
    not needed, easy to reproduce.

Actually, I've found that opening the map with the "M" key and then closing it again with the "M" key is a more reliable work around. I also found that opening the expedition center will cause the bug every time regardless of how you exit. I think it has something to do with controlling the world map in the expedition center.

Camera bug

I get the same thing, I found that it occurs after frequent tabbing in and out of the game or use of the steam overlay also the only thing that temporarily fixes the bug is to restart the game. I can say for a fact from how I experience it, if you don't use the steam overlay and don't tab out of the game for the duration you're playing it the bug will not occur.

Originally Posted by Capt.Hunt View Post (Source)
    Actually, I've found that opening the map with the "M" key and then closing it again with the "M" key is a more reliable work around. I also found that opening the expedition center will cause the bug every time regardless of how you exit. I think it has something to do with controlling the world map in the expedition center.
    thx for the tip , never tried that ^^

i hope since my thread was moved to an other one and this is not exactly the same issue (i didnt use the overlay nor had i ever problems with the movement keys or mouse freezes) it still will get recognised as the bug i reported.

Originally Posted by Mazzo View Post (Source)
    thx for the tip , never tried that ^^

i hope since my thread was moved to an other one and this is not exactly the same issue (i didnt use the overlay nor had i ever problems with the movement keys or mouse freezes) it still will get recognised as the bug i reported.
    it seems that they've lumped several different control lock up related bugs together in this thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12