Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: enough space?

  1. #1

    enough space?

    as I was churning out a few dinos, I did one more and as it came out, claire said something about dinosaurs needing more space.

    does that even mean anything? there's no "space need" but all the comfort, grassland, etc. bars were fine on everyone after she said that, and I didn't see any change....

  2. #2
    Originally Posted by indominus vexed View Post (Source)
    as I was churning out a few dinos, I did one more and as it came out, claire said something about dinosaurs needing more space.

    does that even mean anything? there's no "space need" but all the comfort, grassland, etc. bars were fine on everyone after she said that, and I didn't see any change....
    I had that happen to me. Matter fact it happened in the video I made while playing the game. I didn't pay much attention to it. Just Dino hippies whining. lol

  3. #3
    Some dinosaurs WILL get hostile if they're in cramped quarters, but I haven't seen it happen much. Could also be a case of population. If a lot of dinosaurs were in the enclosure, it's possible one of them felt too crowded. It's also possible Claire was just warning you that you were getting close to overcrowding the enclosure.

  4. #4
    She also complains if there is not enough food / water and those comments do seem useful. Difficult to tell without seeing what your dinostats look like.

  5. #5
    Haha she is just reminding you to give good care I guess

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by dailyvagabond View Post (Source)
    Some dinosaurs WILL get hostile if they're in cramped quarters, but I haven't seen it happen much. Could also be a case of population. If a lot of dinosaurs were in the enclosure, it's possible one of them felt too crowded. It's also possible Claire was just warning you that you were getting close to overcrowding the enclosure.
    really? I don't suppose you would ever see a triceratops break into a fight with a stegosaurus or something, could you? I kind of would like to see herbivores fighting over territory....

    Originally Posted by dLimith View Post (Source)
    Haha she is just reminding you to give good care I guess
    she's too late I already just use them for my own entertainment

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by indominus vexed View Post (Source)
    as I was churning out a few dinos, I did one more and as it came out, claire said something about dinosaurs needing more space.

    does that even mean anything? there's no "space need" but all the comfort, grassland, etc. bars were fine on everyone after she said that, and I didn't see any change....
    Yes it means some of the dino's are having their social/comfort/ etc. go into the red.

    "Space needs" are all of those combined. To many dino's in too small of an area will push the social meter too high and into the red. Likewise putting a dino that loves grasslands into an all forest area or major forest area will also have its "space needs" not met, and it will get upset. Once the comfort goes down it will start battering the walls/gates to get out.

  8. #8
    I got that message as well. I checked all my dinos out and they’re were all happy. No one tried to breakout.

  9. #9
    Is Claire the the YTS girl?

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Mistress Athena View Post (Source)
    Yes it means some of the dino's are having their social/comfort/ etc. go into the red.

    "Space needs" are all of those combined. To many dino's in too small of an area will push the social meter too high and into the red. Likewise putting a dino that loves grasslands into an all forest area or major forest area will also have its "space needs" not met, and it will get upset. Once the comfort goes down it will start battering the walls/gates to get out.
    Not sure what that stat is called in english, but i'm pretty sure "space needs" are not all stats combined; it's the stat above the social meter (2nd last stat). At least it sounds like that in the german translation and it's the only stat that is at the same level for all dinos in the same area. So my guess is that the "white" part of that stat shows the space needs for that species, while the current level of that stat reflect how crowded it is.
    Some herbivores (like tricera) have pretty low margin on that stat, while others have it pretty high which makes them a bad combination inside the same area

  11. #11
    "Grassland" is the stat for desired enclosement space.

    "Forest" is just how much forest they want in their enclosement, and from what I can see it doesn't detract from the grassland stat or affect it in any way. I added more a lot of trees and the "Forest" stat went up, but the "Grassland" stat did not go down. I think...

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by Vikestart View Post (Source)
    "Grassland" is the stat for desired enclosement space.

    "Forest" is just how much forest they want in their enclosement, and from what I can see it doesn't detract from the grassland stat or affect it in any way. I added more a lot of trees and the "Forest" stat went up, but the "Grassland" stat did not go down. I think...
    That's not the stat i was talking about:

    What's the stat i circled in that picture called in english ? (between grassland/forrest & social)

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by Gdain View Post (Source)
    I got that message as well. I checked all my dinos out and they’re were all happy. No one tried to breakout.
    Claire is clearly projecting her own feelings..

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by Imperios View Post (Source)
    What's the stat i circled in that picture called in english ? (between grassland/forrest & social)
    Popuplation.