Page 1 of 37 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: FIFA World Cup

FIFA World Cup

England players have taken a break from training to visit an orphanage outside Repino.
    "It's just heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope," said Dimitry, age 7

Fantastic first post

And of course, with the 2018 version ....

Yet again I'm doing my best to avoid getting excited about England's prospects in the World Cup.

Every year I say I'm not going to raise my hopes....

Potentially if we get through the group stages we could face either Germany or Brazil in the quarterfinals... and that's where we'll most likely be heading home.

Cummon guys where's your spirit, WE'RE GONNA WIN THE DAMN THING AGAIN!

STOP PRESS - Spain sack manager - what a start - lol!

Originally Posted by Rob At Work View Post (Source)
    Cummon guys where's your spirit, WE'RE GONNA WIN THE DAMN THING AGAIN!
    I'm still smarting from England losing to West Germany in the semi-final in 1970. Too much history to overcome.

Doesn't stop me dreaming though

Originally Posted by amigacooke View Post (Source)
    I'm still smarting from England losing to West Germany in the semi-final in 1970. Too much history to overcome.

Doesn't stop me dreaming though
    I'm still sulking after Waddles Pen miss

Probably still hasn't landed yet...

And as for Southgates miss.........

Originally Posted by drama View Post (Source)
    England players have taken a break from training to visit an orphanage outside Repino.
    "It's just heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope," said Dimitry, age 7
    Rofl +1

Allez les bleus !

Gardiens (3) : Hugo Lloris (Tottenham/ANG), Steve Mandanda (OM), Alphonse Areola (PSG).

Défénseurs (8) : Djibril Sidibé (Monaco), Benjamin Pavard (Stuttgart/ALL), Samuel Umtiti (FC Barcelone), Raphaël Varane (Real Madrid), Presnel Kimpembe (PSG), Adil Rami (OM), Benjamin Mendy (Man. City/ANG), Lucas Hernandez (Atlético de Madrid/ESP).

Milieux (5) : Paul Pogba (Man. United/ANG), Corentin Tolisso (Bayern Munich/ALL), Blaise Matuidi (Juventus Turin/ITA), Ngolo Kanté (Chelsea/ANG), Steven Nzonzi (Séville FC/ESP)

Attaquants (7) : Antoine Griezmann (Atlético de Madrid/ESP), Olivier Giroud (Chelsea/ANG), Kylian Mbappé (PSG), Ousmane Dembélé (FC Barcelone/ESP), Florian Thauvin (OM), Nabil Fekir (Lyon), Thomas Lemar (Monaco).

Five men play to the UK

Watch out for Mexico !

They might be the surprise this year !

Originally Posted by Remus View Post (Source)
    Watch out for Mexico !

They might be the surprise this year !
    Semifinal 1: Mexico - Iceland. Could go either way.
    Semifinal 2: Italy - Argentina. Still 0-0 after 2 overtimes and 10 rounds of penalties.

Originally Posted by Zieman View Post (Source)
    Semifinal 1: Mexico - Iceland. Could go either way.
    Semifinal 2: Italy - Argentina. Still 0-0 after 2 overtimes and 10 rounds of penalties.
    Except that Italy is not in this World Cup, so....

Originally Posted by Remus View Post (Source)
    Except that Italy is not in this World Cup, so....
    Oops, lol.
    So, no Italy - Holland.
    Ok, make that Germany - Argentina then.

Originally Posted by Zieman View Post (Source)
    Oops, lol.
    So, no Italy - Holland.
    Especially that Holland is not in this World Cup, also as you know

Lol Poor Zieman... Follow Scotland, they'll be the team to watch.

Originally Posted by drama View Post (Source)
    I saw the picture that goes with this text, and it goes to show just how out of touch with football Iam, even more so as I now live in Sweden and dont have people at work or family talking about jumpers for goal posts. I couldnt name one of the players in the picture.

I was never really into football but in England you cant really get away from it. If it wasnt for posts like this or the odd one popping up on my FB, I wouldnt even know there was a world cup going on, and tbh I dont even know where its taking place Im guessing Russia.

Page 1 of 37 1236 ... LastLast