Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Thread: FIFA World Cup

Originally Posted by Gédéon_Lecanard View Post (Source)
    By your standards, probably not.
    No "probably" about it.

Originally Posted by ianw View Post (Source)
    No "probably" about it.
    Glad we cleared that up.

Originally Posted by Gédéon_Lecanard View Post (Source)
    Glad we cleared that up.
    I'll get back to you later.

I have a suitable if obvious reply but I can't get the bloody link to work from my mobile.

So for now you'll just have to imagine a snappy reply that you have no comeback for!

Originally Posted by Genus View Post (Source)
    Well done France, two good goals. Shame Croatia weren't allowed to take it to extra time.

Case in point that even with VAR, football referees are still ****
    I think the handball was a hard one to call however I think the VAR decision might of been right, it might not of looked too deliberate from the back but the other angle you do see him slapping the ball.

The Griezmann dive which led to the own goal before that was shameful though.

Originally Posted by Flyinspaghetti View Post (Source)
    I think the handball was a hard one to call however I think the VAR decision might of been right, it might not of looked too deliberate from the back but the other angle you do see him slapping the ball.

The Griezmann dive which led to the own goal before that was shameful though.
    The issue is that VAR can only be used by the ref when a 'clear and unmistakable error' has been made by the referee. When the referee himself needed to look over and over at it in slow-motion, then walks away and returns to it again to look some more; it clearly wasn't a 'clear and unmistakable error'. The penalty could have been given (I wouldn't, but its a grey zone kinda thing) but its the random use of VAR against the regulations that is the problem. Some countries got shafted because a clear foul was simply not acted on, and others are shafted when non-clear maybe-errors are acted upon. It adds more arbitrary nonsense whereas it should reduce it. And in this case its doubly weak because the free kick that led to the 1-0 was a dive, and should have been a yellow for griezmann. That was a clear and obvious mistake by the ref...

Where's Patrick?

Congratulations - we need a roaring cockerel picture!

Ooops, totally forgot the finals was today, just returned from space. Aside from that I can't remember any worldcup before that folks around here had so little interest in. However...

Congratulations to France

and Patrick, enjoy the party.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536