Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Refunded very disappointed Genesis fan

Originally Posted by Bontai View Post (Source)
    Wow just wow, words can describe my disappointment.

I was hoping for a game that added to the gem op genesis with new skins and game engine.

What we got was a hollow rushed mess that failed to add simple features like an island builder and the tools to create a Jurrasic world theme park.

-No day/night cycle.
    -Lack of room on the pre rendered islands to build on.
    -Dull Dino ai.
    -Complete lack of depth and prevents creative play.
    -Attendees at your park lack any character remember the people walking around the park in -Genesis. They had personalities!
    -Slow research and fossil/DNA system. Felt like a free to play game with wait times. I at times looked for the speed up button thinking no one would force you to wait around like this.
    -Dull voice acting its as if they played the game.
    -Slow research tree that prevents you from constructing the fences you want or buildings.

I understand people that defend this game for we all waited aloooooong time for this but...... It is not the game we asked for just a rushed cash grab.

All the best guys.
    And if the OP watched gameplay videos before buying, theyd have known all this. Im very unsympathetic

Tbh I am surprised no-one has mentioned the fact that the OP has refunded the game. Which means he played it for a max of 2 hours (if he is on PC). So you have barely seen the game and could have watched a ton of video's before even buying it. I think you expectation for this game was way too high. Frontier has been clear from the beginning what would be in the game and not so you could have decided to wait buying it. No instead you come in the forum, start a forum thread about all the things you miss.

First of all: this is not JPOG 2. There might be some similarities but definitely a different game.
    -No day/Night cycle: you could have known this from the beginning. No hampering for the game what so ever.
    -Lack of room? How can you say that since you have requested a refund and therefor have barely played the game. I have played the game for 4 hours now and am still on the first island, there is plenty of space. I've only used about 1/3 of the total space on Isla Matenceros. Yes you do not have the ability to create your own island. So what, this is based on the actual islands from JP/JW.
    -Dull Dino Ai: realy, have you actually looked at them, how they react to other dino's etc? Sure there is room for improvement but that will come in time.
    -Lack of dept and prevents creative play. How? The first island is meant to be the turorial island where they give you instructions what to do etc. Other then that you have 4 other islands in the campaign with each a new way of handling. Storms, size restrictions, sabotage etc. Not to mention you have 1 island (Isla Nublar) which is the sandbox that you unlock.
    -Attendees. Sure they don't have their little balloons, so they look like a hive mind. Ok sure. But they do voice their opinion as to the facility/dinosaur ratings. Could definately be improved.
    -Slow research and fossil / dna system: uhm yes, do you want to rush through the game or have fun and work your way towards dinosaurs? It's all a matter of opinion and expectations. I prefer to work for my dinos. Not to mention if you want to talk about JPOG, this was in JPOG as well. Guess you didn't like JPOG then.
    -Dull voice acting: are you kidding me, you got the actors from the franchise playing their role. Have you listened to Dr Ian Malcolm? He is too funny. How is that dull? He reacts the same way in the film.
    -Slow research: ok so you want everything to be unlocked from the beginning so you can have full control. Well too bad I guess right.

So all in all your expectations were to high and you didn't read into what information was given by Frontier. Not to mention you could have actually watched a lot of video's.
    No sympathy here sorry.

I wish people would just stop attacking criticism of this game. People can, not like something, and as someone who owns the game and watched all the livestreams and video, I can safely say many of my expectations brought on by what was said was in the game has been broken.

The game has lots of room for improvement and additions. I do have some of my own issues with it. Some of them are similar to yours. However I'm three islands in, have maxed out each island before advancing and I've had a lot of fun. I'm still hoping Frontier add more depth and content to it in various ways which I'm sure they will.

JPOG was cool for its time especially if you were a kid like I was. But I can tell you that at least in my opinion, JPOG isn't as great as people are making it out to be.

The features such as visitors being different classes of personalities, creating your own island etc. are actually pretty shallow. Sure they have different names and wants but ultimately it's irrelevent and doesn't make a difference. You'll still get easy 5 star ratings if you don't cater to their specifics. Just put down food and gift stands and make big dinosaurs.

The create your own island feature was ok but they were all still pretty generic in my opinion.

JPOG is pretty inconsequential and repetitive. If you aren't clueless you can max out a 5 star island in like an hour or so and then there's nothing of worth left to do. It's not really challenging and there's not that much depth to managing things. What managing features were there were mostly superficial.

The reason I can make all these observations and opinions (and they are my opinions. Everyone feels differently I'm sure) confidently is because I'm not looking at JPOG with rose tinted nostalgia glasses. I still have my game disc. I played it only a few weeks ago. It's really nothing special. Besides, as people have pointed out: This isn't a JPOG sequel or remake. If you expected one then unfortunately that's your own fault .

Originally Posted by LemonyNebula View Post (Source)
    I wish people would just stop attacking criticism of this game. People can, not like something, and as someone who owns the game and watched all the livestreams and video, I can safely say many of my expectations brought on by what was said was in the game has been broken.
    Sure people can have criticism of the game, I am fine with that, like i said some of the points are valid. The problem is that most of these new threads start out like oh I am refunding or oh they screwed up etc.. If they would just start with well I played the game and here are my thoughts then I think people would respond a lot differently. If people paid attention to the video's and livestreams then you knew exactly what to expect before purchasing the game. I've seen no issues what so ever that are preventing me from enjoying the game, but that is my opinion.

So what expectations did you get from watching the video's and livestreams that you think are broken?

Originally Posted by Fluffy_Flippers View Post (Source)
    Sure people can have criticism of the game, I am fine with that, like i said some of the points are valid. The problem is that most of these new threads start out like oh I am refunding or oh they screwed up etc.. If they would just start with well I played the game and here are my thoughts then I think people would respond a lot differently. If people paid attention to the video's and livestreams then you knew exactly what to expect before purchasing the game. I've seen no issues what so ever that are preventing me from enjoying the game, but that is my opinion.

So what expectations did you get from watching the video's and livestreams that you think are broken?
    My main one was either a livestream or a video where a dino started a fight and killed another. They pointed it out and basically said that it is costly to lose dinosaurs so you do not want them fighting really, but people like ferocious dinosaurs so more people will come see the victor.

Now what I think it meant simply was that having ferocious dinosaurs effects the park rating. But it came across as though individual dinosaurs have infamy/fame that pulls in more guests, and by killing other dinosaurs you can raise it so they come to see that particular one. Hence coming to see the victor. Which sadly is not true.

They also mentioned in many places and it even still says on the steam store page about thinking, intelligent AI, but it is mostly just wandering AI, with a few interactions dependent on whats closest. They don't team up to hunt for example, in fact they don't do much at all when they are not breaking out. The only thing they seem to 'think' is to go to food and water within a certain range when their needs are low enough.

Only negatives I don't care much about because they mentioned it is no day night cycle and the jeeps don't get harmed.

It really did give me the wrong impression rather than just forming my own.

My main one was either a livestream or a video where a dino started a fight and killed another. They pointed it out and basically said that it is costly to lose dinosaurs so you do not want them fighting really, but people like ferocious dinosaurs so more people will come see the victor.

Now what I think it meant simply was that having ferocious dinosaurs effects the park rating. But it came across as though individual dinosaurs have infamy/fame that pulls in more guests, and by killing other dinosaurs you can raise it so they come to see that particular one. Hence coming to see the victor. Which sadly is not true.

They also mentioned in many places and it even still says on the steam store page about thinking, intelligent AI, but it is mostly just wandering AI, with a few interactions dependent on whats closest. They don't team up to hunt for example, in fact they don't do much at all when they are not breaking out. The only thing they seem to 'think' is to go to food and water within a certain range when their needs are low enough.

Only negatives I don't care much about because they mentioned it is no day night cycle and the jeeps don't get harmed.

It really did give me the wrong impression rather than just forming my own.
    I think what they meant is that the dinosaur rating of that specific dinosaur will go up. I would need to have two dino's fight each other and see if it effects the winners rating.

Well in regards to the AI. Intelligent AI can be anything to be honest. What kind of intelligence were you expecting? Human level, Lion level? Because anything the Dino's are doing in the game could be classified as intelligent AI. Because it's programmed like that. They behave a lot better then wooden sticks. I mean I don't know how deep the AI runs in JWE. What kind of intelligence do you want to see?

The pack hunting was confirmed not to be in the game.

Chiming in on effects of fighting dinos and those that have experienced wins - at the very least i have seen it affect the enclosures viewing posts i had and also the dinos actual worth too.
    I sold a winner for more than the incubation costs.

I can imagine that it does actually have some other effects too, i.e. ive noticed less fights being started against the victors but equally they become more aggressive.

JPOG didn't had night and day cycle and no one care in that time, I quite agree with the lack place to build, not game breaking, but it could be improve later on, i don't mind if the dinos don't sleep, JPOG guest didn't had any personalities, they just move around, they only had favorite dinosaur, and that all. JPOG also had a slow research and fossil DNA system, aswell research tree, you had to invest to get better fences.

Originally Posted by Junes View Post (Source)
    Chiming in on effects of fighting dinos and those that have experienced wins - at the very least i have seen it affect the enclosures viewing posts i had and also the dinos actual worth too.
    I sold a winner for more than the incubation costs.

I can imagine that it does actually have some other effects too, i.e. ive noticed less fights being started against the victors but equally they become more aggressive.
    If this is true, then I would love to see a way to discover this or to see the individual dinosaurs rating/chances. I would love nothing more than to be wrong but I would need to see it.

The lamb (goat?) lies down on Broadway.

If this is true, then I would love to see a way to discover this or to see the individual dinosaurs rating/chances. I would love nothing more than to be wrong but I would need to see it.
    Take the last bit as a pinch of salt as it could just be pure chance that the new dinos are being more tame than the winners but in terms of prices definitely does play a part set up a couple of raptors vs a few strong defenced herbivores then tranq them and see what they are worth after.

Originally Posted by Junes View Post (Source)
    Take the last bit as a pinch of salt as it could just be pure chance that the new dinos are being more tame than the winners but in terms of prices definitely does play a part set up a couple of raptors vs a few strong defenced herbivores then tranq them and see what they are worth after.
    But surely if that is a thing, the cost of the lost dinos wont add up to the cost of the sold victor?

Id imagine it scales up as the rating of the dino goes up.
    Initially it started as a rating of 103 got a win and it got boosted up to 156 id imagine eventually the cost of say a 1560 rating dino is going to cover the costs of the dead dinos or in general that 1 singular dino could bring in more visitors than the losers combined.

Who knows im not gonna thoroughly test yet as i still need to complete the other islands

We attack the criticisms that are ridiculous. Few people are attacking criticism of spinosaurus size, for example. But when people like the OP come in here and trash a perfectly good game up and down to the point of borderline slander, of course people who like the game are going to step in and defend it. Potential buyers could be coming here for information, see that nonsense, and dismiss the game out of hand. You never know.

As far as that second point, which expectations specifically? Which expectations that Frontier explicitly stated would be in the game weren't fulfilled? I ask this legitimately as I only started following the game about a month ago.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast