Thread: Star Trek Discovery

Star Trek Discovery

Could not find existing thread, if mods see one, please merge.

Huge disclaimer - I am from former USSR territory so obvious Star Trek as TV series are a bit alien to me. I enjoyed movies, I understand how they differ from TV series, and I understand overall feel.

As someone relatively fresh, I enjoyed series a great deal, way more than I expected. Writing was solid for most part, visually it is very nice, impressive work on costumes and ships, I like sci-fi bits feel equal to personal story bits. Characters were strong. I liked twists and turns. So I recommend and will definitely watch again and upcoming seasons too.

Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    Could not find existing thread, if mods see one, please merge.

Huge disclaimer - I am from former USSR territory so obvious Star Trek as TV series are a bit alien to me. I enjoyed movies, I understand how they differ from TV series, and I understand overall feel.

As someone relatively fresh, I enjoyed series a great deal, way more than I expected. Writing was solid for most part, visually it is very nice, impressive work on costumes and ships, I like sci-fi bits feel equal to personal story bits. Characters were strong. I liked twists and turns. So I recommend and will definitely watch again and upcoming seasons too.
    I thought the first episode(s) was amazing. Then it hit a slump, but picked up again as we headed towards the last episodes. Unfortunately people rallied against it as part of the 'SJW narrative' which is a lot of rubbish.

Originally Posted by JeffRyan View Post (Source)
    I thought the first episode(s) was amazing. Then it hit a slump, but picked up again as we headed towards the last episodes. Unfortunately people rallied against it as part of the 'SJW narrative' which is a lot of rubbish.
    I think they got second season ordered, so it is not like 'Internet warriors' really made an impact there. I kinda agree on slow middle part, but it did good job on setting up surprising second half of season.

Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    I think they got second season ordered, so it is not like 'Internet warriors' really made an impact there. I kinda agree on slow middle part, but it did good job on setting up surprising second half of season.
    I liked it too. Second series is being filmed at the moment I believe, or close to it.