Thread: Game randomly crashes to desktop (but otherwise runs fine)

Game randomly crashes to desktop (but otherwise runs fine)

First of my main specs:
    -i7-4770k CPU 3,5 GHz
    - 8 GB RAM
    - Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080

The Game itselfs runs perfectly at 60 FPS, even in 4k, but while ingame it randomly crashes "out of nowhere". It freezes for 2-4 seconds and then the Game closes itself.
    It is just weird, because apart from that the Game works great like mentioned. I tried it with lowering the resolution/graphics, updating the graphic-card drivers and plugging out (like mentioned in other threads) 3rd party contollers (in my case its the Xbox One Controller) - didn't work.

I hope someone of you have a solution for that, because i really like this Game and i wish i could play this Game relaxed with no "need for saving every minute, because otherwise my progress is lost".

Thanks

Same here

I'm getting crashes too. The game just closes itself out of nowhere and comes up with a screen saying its crashed and asks me what I was doing when it crashed so it can report it to frontier. It seems to be completely random regardless of what I'm doing. Other than that, performance is fine, FPS locked at 75, CPU + GPU Temps are 70 after playing it for a while which is pretty standard for a laptop. Losing progress isnt really a problem as it autosaves quite regularly, it's just annoying.

specs:
    Clevo Laptop
    I7 6700HQ
    GTX 1070
    16GB ram
    Bought the game through steam

Originally Posted by mrmoo232 View Post (Source)
    I'm getting crashes too. The game just closes itself out of nowhere and comes up with a screen saying its crashed and asks me what I was doing when it crashed so it can report it to frontier. It seems to be completely random regardless of what I'm doing. Other than that, performance is fine, FPS locked at 75, CPU + GPU Temps are 70 after playing it for a while which is pretty standard for a laptop. Losing progress isnt really a problem as it autosaves quite regularly, it's just annoying.
    I am just glad i am not the "Only One" with this problem, so it hopefully gets fixed...Yes the autosave-system is good, but if you get a crash every 5 Minutes its, like you said, incredible annoying. The only thing that helped "a bit" was for me to lower the resolution to Full HD instead 4k, i "only" get a crash then about every 20-30 minutes instead of every 5 minutes. I cannot write anything in the report-box either, because it wouldnt help the developers, it crashes completely random. While wandering around with the camera, driving the rangers-car, building new fences/Buildings, being in expedition-screen, it could happen anywhere actually.