Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: the sad truth of people still defending frontier

the sad truth of people still defending frontier

I'm still absolutely dumbfounded that people are still defending this mess of a game even after release. No customisation, tiny islands, no variety in buildings, WRONG dinosaur sizes, shallow terrain tools, low quality and lack of variety in animations, poor AI, non-existent guests . Any of you that thinks this is going to get fixed after launch are fools. They've would've had plenty of time to implement these things if they wanted to from the start. They are literally using the same engine from Planet Coaster.

At best they will add DLC for more dinosaurs and some OG Jurassic Park assets. Thinking that they're going to basically patch their game into something that it should have been from the start is sad and laughable. We as the consumers have a right to expect, even demand, a certain quality of game if we are going to be paying full price for it. We literally gave them our hard earned money.

This game completely missed its mark, and I am so sad and disappointed.

I understand you are disappointed, in a capitalist society if the majority feel as you do and consistently so the pain will be felt at FDev towers soon enough.

Game is very good - you should try it OP, rather than just reading some negative reviews.

And do try to watch your blood pressure, all that ranting can't be good for you

One player's fantastic game is another player's crapfest.

That's the game industry for you!

wow. dude, we're on day 2

and of course, those of us who love the company will defend them and support them. Same as you would for anything you love

everything you've posted about has the potential to be fixed in numerous different way post launch, s owe're not sad and laughable to think it'll happen. No-one yet knows what will happen but those of us that trust in Frontier's path will keep our hopes up for the future

They developed this game in less than 2 years. Granted the lack of dev time was their own fault, but the reason for mentioning this is that this time was spent creating everything in this game that's NOT able to be lifted from Planet Coaster. Sure your point is valid, they could bring some of the models over to allow more park customisation, they could bring over some of the terrain tools, expand on some areas of management and guest iterations. But that's not the initial focus, the initial focus was to try and flesh out all the new stuff specific to this game that we got on launch day

And guess what, if they decide to expand the game out and there is stuff that they'll lift from PC to slide into this game, well that'd be a lot easier to do wouldn't it? It would mean a faster expansion of the game which would have a limited cost (read as would likely be free patch content) and all can be done and fixed post launch (contrary to your statement)

For me, the game hit it's mark, but I kind of get the impression that you just had a different mark you wanted it to hit

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)
    Game is very good - you should try it OP, rather than just reading some negative reviews.

that's the kind of reply that just makes me cringe as it emphasizes every point I made

totally agreed and the wishlist was ignored.... https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...olution/page16

Originally Posted by Factabulous View Post (Source)

Yeah, I must say I was very pleasantly surprised by the game after seeing the likes of the IGN review. Dodged a bullet.

The game isn't perfect and there's more from that I'd like to see on the dino sim side of things, but so far gameplay has been very compelling. It has that "just one more turn" feel to it for me that gets me playing for hours on end. We'll see how long it can keep that up, but still, can't really fault a game that can do that, especially coming off the back of all the negative criticism from internet denizens.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion as long as it's polite and constructive.

If it's not weil.......

wonder how long you actually played the game? I found a lot of the neg comments where people who didn't get past the first island, spent about an hour playing it and it wasn't a tycoon game. It's a business management game, not a park sim. It says it I don't know how many times so maybe you went in thinking this was a re-make and not it's own game.

I'll say for a 8GB game, it's pretty well put together. Yeah there are some questionable dislikes, but lets face it... games today are not what they once were. I think it's a fun game, got me playing for 15 hrs yesterday and had my kids wanting to play it too (they don't get to touch dad's PC haha). You can't please everyone

Originally Posted by Cyberpunk View Post (Source)
    that's the kind of reply that just makes me cringe as it emphasizes every point I made
    You don't seem to have a point; you're just calling people out because you don't agree with them. Pretty hilarious.

People geeking out on a video game forum... What'd you really expect either way?

Try talking more about the game and what you'd like fixed about it or whatever. The rest is just hot air.

Originally Posted by Xlear View Post (Source)
    totally agreed and the wishlist was ignored.... https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...olution/page16
    A Wishlist is for FUTURE content. Not content to be added to the release version...You can't expect them to pull out all the features people desire in their game 2 months and below before release date. It's just not possible.

Art assests.
    AI.
    Programming.
    Designs in general.

I'm not one for defending companies when they screw up, but apart from Nublar (In my eyes.), they've done a somewhat good job, honestly.

the wishlist was started 2 months before the game released and is currently at nearly 1000 posts. They're not miracle workers

Originally Posted by Cyberpunk View Post (Source)
    I'm still absolutely dumbfounded that people are still defending this mess of a game even after release. No customisation, tiny islands, no variety in buildings, WRONG dinosaur sizes, shallow terrain tools, low quality and lack of variety in animations, poor AI, non-existent guests . Any of you that thinks this is going to get fixed after launch are fools. They've would've had plenty of time to implement these things if they wanted to from the start. They are literally using the same engine from Planet Coaster.

At best they will add DLC for more dinosaurs and some OG Jurassic Park assets. Thinking that they're going to basically patch their game into something that it should have been from the start is sad and laughable. We as the consumers have a right to expect, even demand, a certain quality of game if we are going to be paying full price for it. We literally gave them our hard earned money.

This game completely missed its mark, and I am so sad and disappointed.
    agree, they already failed with elite dangerous and to think they will improve is foolish (shame on me as well)
    The most of the budget I think was pumped into graphic, animation and license

Most of the ppl here forget the a game should be done and not "they gonna add it maybe later" "wait for the patches" ...

I never played JPOG. I like this game and so do my friends.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast