Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: the sad truth of people still defending frontier

lol @ sad truth....... sorry but that is the OP's sad truth. My truth differs greatly. BTW, I dont see truth in something just because someone with a keyboard says its the truth. Thats an opinion to which you are entitled to, the truth lies elsewhere.

Originally Posted by eddiehead View Post (Source)
    not sure what they failed on with ED but then again I've not played in a long time. I know from friends that do still play it that they still enjoy it and it's still supported

and seriously, games haven't been finished at launch since the online consoles made their mark in 2007. In fact in the last 5 years it seems that the bigger the game dev, the more is left out at launch for fixing/adding/paid DLC later on down the line
    Check Steam reviews, ED is boring. Repetitive grinding.
    Its a shame that the bigger dev or more the publishers moving this way with their fixing/adding/paid DLC later.
    I myself boycott EA, Ubisoft, Paradox and now Frontier games

Originally Posted by LtRyan View Post (Source)
    I'll ask my mom if I need to know this. Now that I know, I don't know what to think.. oh yes: Don't you have any other game to play?

boring and repetitive are a matter of perspective though. Most grinding mechanics are core to certain game genres, it's just whether you want to grind them and whether the game as a whole keeps you engaged

I find the grind on the elder scrolls games boring beyond belief. Yet I've put well over 1000 hours into multiple playthroughs on Fallout 3

Steam reviews are also the last place I'd look for reviews

Its a shame that the bigger dev or more the publishers moving this way with their fixing/adding/paid DLC later.
    Steam reviews aren't exactly and authoritative source for anything. Personally, I trust my own 800+ hours of experience over Steam reviews. I've had quite a lot of fun with Elite.

Originally Posted by Ambroza View Post (Source)
    Steam reviews aren't exactly and authoritative source for anything. Personally, I trust my own 800+ hours of experience over Steam reviews. I've had quite a lot of fun with Elite.
    Lol they used the steam review argument right before this page.

Ye I know that ppl have other perspectives on games, what really grind my gears is that the ppl forgot what it meant to buy a game for $60. Price ~ performance value.
    Just take a look at the frontline of StarCitizens and ED. SC with their features and content brings far more then ED for the "same" price. And I know its not done and buggy, but still in the latest beta I already can see what a difference in the end will be.

Lol they used the steam review argument right before this page.

Ye I know that ppl have other perspectives on games, what really grind my gears is that the ppl forgot what it meant to buy a game for $60. Price ~ performance value.
    Just take a look at the frontline of StarCitizens and ED. SC with their features and content brings far more then ED for the "same" price. And I know its not done and buggy, but still in the latest beta I already can see what a difference in the end will be.
    Currently in Star Citizen you can explore three barren moons (and one big asteroid) and engage in some very basic trading. You can also technically engage in ship to ship combat, but it's essentially broken right now. There are also some basic missions. That's it. All of this at an average of 15-20 FPS.

Currently in Star Citizen you can explore three barren moons (and one big asteroid) and engage in some very basic trading. You can also technically engage in ship to ship combat, but it's essentially broken right now. There are also some basic missions. That's it. All of this at an average of 15-20 FPS.
    I would not pay more than 5 euros for that then

You forgot to mention that the flight model make the game look like turrets in space... Least Elite simulates gravity... shock horror! All that people seem to be swooning over in all of the SC videos iv seen is just that the Engine and its lighting make the game look super cinematic. Other than that, iv not really seen anything that brings far more content than any other game. Arguably, its roughly the same as NMS from what iv seen of it. Oh yeah... and with a budget like what? 10x? or 100x what FDev had from the kickstarter...

News flash... Shiny graphics don't make a game... getting a little tired of the 'playstation generation' who make weird statements equating graphics to gameplay.

Originally Posted by Eros View Post (Source)
    You forgot to mention that the flight model make the game look like turrets in space... Least Elite simulates gravity... shock horror! All that people seem to be swooning over in all of the SC videos iv seen is just that the Engine and its lighting make the game look super cinematic. Other than that, iv not really seen anything that brings far more content than any other game. Arguably, its roughly the same as NMS from what iv seen of it.

News flash... Shiny graphics don't make a game... getting a little tired of the 'playstation generation' who make weird statements equating graphics to gameplay.
    JWE dinos AI is more interesting than SC npcs hanging around in the starports.. just saying..

Originally Posted by Eros View Post (Source)
    You forgot to mention that the flight model make the game look like turrets in space... Least Elite simulates gravity... shock horror! All that people seem to be swooning over in all of the SC videos iv seen is just that the Engine and its lighting make the game look super cinematic. Other than that, iv not really seen anything that brings far more content than any other game. Arguably, its roughly the same as NMS from what iv seen of it. Oh yeah... and with a budget like what? 10x? or 100x what FDev had from the kickstarter...

While graphics don't make a game, it sure does help if your game plays good and looks good.

Originally Posted by PCMR4Life View Post (Source)
    While graphics don't make a game, it sure does help if your game plays good and looks good.
    I agree, also agree JWE looks good too.

It looks not good it looks phenomenal.! I can tell you this Dinsoaur models and animations are A LOT OF WORK. And i mean it! But thats pretty much everything they worked on as it seems sadly.

looks good, but as i said in other post, lacks on many things, its pretty casual.... and shallow. ( i dont saying its bad, because its enjoyable but... till when? )

Just answer one question, replayability compared with other games / same genere?

Originally Posted by djferry View Post (Source)
    looks good, but as i said in other post, lacks on many things, its pretty casual.... and shallow. ( i dont saying its bad, because its enjoyable but... till when? )

Just answer one question, replayability compared with other games / same genere?
    I get the feeling it's about the same amount. Though I don't tend to replay management sims a whole ton after I get to a point. Most of the 'replay' comes in the early phases when I'm figuring out what works and what doesn't, after that, after building up to a point, the fun just falls off and I move on. Maybe as they add more dinos or scenarios it will increase the desire for replays.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast