Thread: Any thoughts on Starfield?

Any thoughts on Starfield?

There isn't much info on the new game Bethesda is working on, called Starfield, but of what we do know: what do you guys think? See link below.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3.../1100-6459772/

It's nice to see that space-games are very popular right now and that devs are pouring resources in to these games. It looks like we won't see this game for a little while, probably on the next generation of consoles, so there's some time to chew on the possibilities.

My hope is that in a few years from now, Frontier is still flying the Elite flag and doing their best to compete with new space sim games. Granted, it may not be the current Elite, I think it's already starting to show its age, but perhaps there'll be a new one?

I have nothing. All I can guess it's that it's scifi.

Originally Posted by DanGriswold View Post (Source)
    There isn't much info on the new game Bethesda is working on, called Starfield, but of what we do know: what do you guys think? See link below.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3.../1100-6459772/

It's nice to see that space-games are very popular right now and that devs are pouring resources in to these games. It looks like we won't see this game for a little while, probably on the next generation of consoles, so there's some time to chew on the possibilities.

My hope is that in a few years from now, Frontier is still flying the Elite flag and doing their best to compete with new space sim games. Granted, it may not be the current Elite, I think it's already starting to show its age, but perhaps there'll be a new one?
    ED is not going anywhere soon. In a few years time, what we will have in ED will be different to what we have now, it will be expanded upon likely with atmospheric planets by then and maybe more.

As to Starfield I am betting it will be a single player RPG set in space. I am sure it will be good and will likely buy it. But it won't replace ED as it is likely to be a completely different type of game.