Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FD Pleas PLease Please FIX THE BLOODY MISSIONS

Originally Posted by Stigbob View Post (Source)
    Try not stacking, it works for me there's less to manage and you can drop it if you feel like with no real issues.

With cash exploits and grinding I've never needed the exploits as I tend to make money anyway just by playing about, once you've got a big ship your survivability and earning potential go up along with it. I've mothballed mine though, as medium ships are more fun. As for grinding I just don't do it.
    Maybe I dont wanna play the game the same as you do...whatever...not overly surprised with yer answer...seen it all before and it didnt work then either. Ive tried not stacking...situation gets worse not better...boredom sets in faster which means not stacking is an instant fail. Not to mention how long it takes to actually make a single cutter rebuy.

By all means, lets ask the questions about what the issues are...so then ye can sit there and make fun of everyones answers...par fer the course on this forum truth be told, so enjoy the echo chamber cos I cant be bothered anymore.

We agree on some things stig...but not on this...not even close ^

Originally Posted by Dizzy B High View Post (Source)

Same crap with hunt pirate missions hundreds of pirates scanning me from the faction needed but no MISSION TARGET tag on them so it doesn't count towards the progress.

I just wish FDEVs implement FLAGS instead of RNG, adopt some MMOs mechanics. Seen it in various titles: you can massacre bunnies till your eyes bleed and get no progress UNLESS you have a mission to kill bunnies. Then, said bunnies are FLAGGED as a mission target. Only limiting factor is that you need 12 bunnies but in the area there's only 8 with 3 min respawn timer. And other player's competition. You killed 12 bunnies total and handed the mission? Flag is removed.

FDEVs seems to can't decide what they want - sandbox or MMO.

Missions are proof that nobody at FDev plays their game. I'm assuming they'll be fixed AND changed into something interesting and fun with Beyond, right? It would be a bit embarrassing to still have naff and broken missions 4 years in when they go to dev party's and everyone starts laughing at them (except the graphics and sound guys, they get to hang with the cool kids).

It would be nice if they could get around to adding back all of those "Founder or Elite" missions too that are meant to be available at Jameson Memorial, since they didn't have time(!) to convert them into the 2.0 mission system.
    It's been well over 2 years now since they were lost, and all the more annoying as early access to them was meant to have been the main point of backing to one of the higher KS tiers - and with the promise of more special missions to come.
    And if they're not going to add them back, then they could at least be decent enough to tell us that they're not returning - QA + Devs have said multiple times they'd get back with an answer about them, but never do.
    Pretty poor show towards the original 150+ backers, effectively removing this KS reward and choosing to ignore questions about it
    (and of course these missions would be some 'end-game' content to anyone who's reached an Elite rank too)

Originally Posted by Zak Gordon View Post (Source)
    Just want to say thanks to the OP for making this post (have some rep).

It is exactly for reasons like this that i have not even started to play ED seriously yet, and i've been here from the start. Still waiting for all this kind of stuff to be put right.....i'm very patient (and have plenty of other games to keep me covered while Frontier fix ED).
    I follow the same plan - when there's something in the game worth playing then I'll have it all new to discover without having to have suffered all the bad stuff or get burned out before there's even a game there to play.

Originally Posted by verminstar View Post (Source)
    Maybe I dont wanna play the game the same as you do...whatever...not overly surprised with yer answer...seen it all before and it didnt work then either. Ive tried not stacking...situation gets worse not better...boredom sets in faster which means not stacking is an instant fail. Not to mention how long it takes to actually make a single cutter rebuy.
    I just do what works for me and never worry about anyone else's choices. I've found the FDL to be the best solo wing assassination ship, lower rebuy higher speed and maneuverability and loads of fun. The chieftain's good as well but you need to be on your toes and ready to run. Personally I find stacking boring as I'm locked into those missions, doing things one at a time means I have plenty of variety (if I want it).

By all means, lets ask the questions about what the issues are...so then ye can sit there and make fun of everyones answers...par fer the course on this forum truth be told, so enjoy the echo chamber cos I cant be bothered anymore.
    I haven't made fun of you or your answers, I'm northern so I there's no hidden message what you see is what I think. I've not experienced the problems you have and I take a different approach which I've suggested you can try to see if it works or not. It's your choice.

We agree on some things stig...but not on this...not even close ^
    Conversations where everyone agrees on everything are dull mate.

Originally Posted by Jex =TE= View Post (Source)
    Missions are proof that nobody at FDev plays their game. I'm assuming they'll be fixed AND changed into something interesting and fun with Beyond, right? It would be a bit embarrassing to still have naff and broken missions 4 years in when they go to dev party's and everyone starts laughing at them (except the graphics and sound guys, they get to hang with the cool kids).
    Rubbish, just a weak attempt at dev bashing.

What makes me really mad is that when there are problems that make the missions too easy, they get fixed in a very short time, but when there are problems that make them too hard or impossible, it takes forever to fix them.

It's your choice.
    But its actually not is it? Those choices were removed when the white knights moaned about the money they made, so they cried fer those choices to be removed and frontier bowed to their wishes. So Ill go back to my previous question which still hasnt been answered...why are they all over missions that others judge to be making too much money, but they seemingly ignore missions that waste our time?

We aint never gonna agree so theres little point in continuing this pointless merry go round...so lets hear the answer to this question...and Im not the only one asking. Im done with this before the inevitable white knight brigade turn up...have fun whatever choices are eventually made for us ^

But its actually not is it? Those choices were removed when the white knights moaned about the money they made, so they cried fer those choices to be removed and frontier bowed to their wishes. So Ill go back to my previous question which still hasnt been answered...why are they all over missions that others judge to be making too much money, but they seemingly ignore missions that waste our time?

Of course it's your choice, video games are something people do for fun. If it stops being fun, change what you are doing or switch games anything else is daft. As for white knights moaning about cash exploits and demanding they get removed, I don't bother as I don't use them need them or particularly care about them.

I do think FDEV are right to patch them out though, as they lead to other problems.

Video games are a waste of time, nobody respects anybody's time spent playing them.

We aint never gonna agree so theres little point in continuing this pointless merry go round...so lets hear the answer to this question...and Im not the only one asking. Im done with this before the inevitable white knight brigade turn up...have fun whatever choices are eventually made for us ^
    It's just a game, sometimes there are bugs. It's not a big deal do something else, wait for a fix, find a workaround or just put up with it.

Originally Posted by Robin of Spiritwood View Post (Source)
    I too often run out of tome.

(But seriously, fix those missions.)
    Can't fix that mistake now, otherwise it would render this reply meaningless

thanks for making me chuckle at a time of incredible frustration.

I learned the hard way not to stack even two 'planetary scan' missions.

I once took just two of them, from the same mission giver, but to two different systems. I went to the system A and did the scan, and the mission for system B said it was done. Huh?

I went to system B and did an ADS scan, and no mission target planet. Umm...went back to system A, where I was now wanted, and re-honked ADS, and sure enough, a mission target popped on the exact same planet I had been to already. Now I had the fun of being wanted, dropping in while wanted, and re-scanning the exact same thing.

My theory was that whatever mission I took first, when I was at the mission board, was the one that completed first, regardless of which one I actually scanned first.

It's bad because instead of scanning the mission board for which missions I find most interesting, or will give the type of reward I'm after, the first thing I do is mentally rule out all the broken mission types.

Originally Posted by Abil Midena View Post (Source)
    I learned the hard way not to stack even two 'planetary scan' missions.

I once took just two of them, from the same mission giver, but to two different systems. I went to the system A and did the scan, and the mission for system B said it was done. Huh?

I went to system B and did an ADS scan, and no mission target planet. Umm...went back to system A, where I was now wanted, and re-honked ADS, and sure enough, a mission target popped on the exact same planet I had been to already. Now I had the fun of being wanted, dropping in while wanted, and re-scanning the exact same thing.

My theory was that whatever mission I took first, when I was at the mission board, was the one that completed first, regardless of which one I actually scanned first.

It's bad because instead of scanning the mission board for which missions I find most interesting, or will give the type of reward I'm after, the first thing I do is mentally rule out all the broken mission types.
    The apparent problem with planetary scan missions is that they're "instanced" RNG POI's rather than persistent areas- this is why we don't have planetary surface coordinates, or mapping either.

Quite simply, you can't have coordinates to or map something that doesn't have persistence. It's like trying to find the address of a building that existed 200 years ago and was turned into a parking lot 50 years ago.

I've yet to see if they'll do anything about it with Q4 Beyond and Exploration Probes...

Conversations where everyone agrees on everything are dull mate.
    Same as with conversation where someone points out a problem with the game, while another one (repeatedly) points out he has no problems.

Originally Posted by Sylveria View Post (Source)
    The apparent problem with planetary scan missions is that they're "instanced" RNG POI's rather than persistent areas- this is why we don't have planetary surface coordinates, or mapping either.

Quite simply, you can't have coordinates to or map something that doesn't have persistence. It's like trying to find the address of a building that existed 200 years ago and was turned into a parking lot 50 years ago.

I've yet to see if they'll do anything about it with Q4 Beyond and Exploration Probes...
    It's pretty amazing considering how much they love and have used procedural generation.

Why, could they not have added another procedural general system, to place these things in the same place every time, randomly (as that's basically what proc gen is, setting a random seed so the random is the same every time.)

I mean... I don't get it!

Originally Posted by B1rdy View Post (Source)
    Same as with conversation where someone points out a problem with the game, while another one (repeatedly) points out he has no problems.
    RNG strikes again? What other explanation can there possibly be without calling someone a liar? Stacking...maybe its stacking...or maybe its just someone without an argument that has to resort to such levels that they assume that because they dont experience them, they obviously dont exist ^

Nah stigs would never do that...oh no but wait...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast