Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FD Pleas PLease Please FIX THE BLOODY MISSIONS

Originally Posted by Novo Mundus View Post (Source)
    It's pretty amazing considering how much they love and have used procedural generation.

Why, could they not have added another procedural general system, to place these things in the same place every time, randomly (as that's basically what proc gen is, setting a random seed so the random is the same every time.)

I mean... I don't get it!
    There's really not much to "get", unfortunately. The answer is quite simple... systems and mechanics that were implemented without long-range planning.

The "tape" wasn't played through to the end. This isn't the only example in Elite Dangerous- it's just one of the more prominent ones that exist with Horizons.

PowerPlay is another good example of things that got implemented without really thinking it through. Dozens of other examples are available, too- most subjects that are discussed in the forums are usually related to some sort of system or mechanic that was implemented before it was actually well-reasoned.

Originally Posted by verminstar View Post (Source)
    RNG strikes again? What other explanation can there possibly be without calling someone a liar? Stacking...maybe its stacking...or maybe its just someone without an argument that has to resort to such levels that they assume that because they dont experience them, they obviously dont exist ^

Nah stigs would never do that...oh no but wait...
    Assassination missions work fine for me, they have always worked fine for me. Deal with it and stop sulking.

I've done some "stacking" of the assassination missions where I can handle maybe up to five at a time before the timers runs out. Sometimes, the info doesn't show up on the nav point, but only sometimes. I just do the ones I can and come back later or just get another assassination mission from a neighboring system as Stigbob suggested. For the missed missions, well, I'd chalk them up to the ones "who got away this time". As I'm often bgs oriented for a powerplay goal, my roster can be mixed up with salvage , donation, resourcing or datascan missions also, along with assassination missions from specific factions in a system.

Originally Posted by Stigbob View Post (Source)
    Wing assassinations always work fine for me.
    But you are soloing these wing assassination missions?

I meant actually trying to play them in a wing...as they were designed to be played (I presume they put the wing icon and wording in there for a reason)

They have never worked for me, my wingmate ends up the other side of the planet fighting the same target in a different instance. We tried many times and never got it to work. We had every possible permutation of crashes, dropping into different instances, warping to different parts of the system etc... gave up on them in the end.

Gave up on ED in the end.

Good to hear everything is fine for you though...carry on.

Originally Posted by Dizzy B High View Post (Source)
    Yes i am here to moan and groan.

So bored with doing delivery missions passenger and cargo.

I have no choice every other mission on offer is bugged to the point i am losing the will to live.

Pirate missions go get some gems of some dude in a T9 with god knows how much leather and fish on board and the 4 tonnes of gems.

35 hatch breaker limpets and NO GEMS DROP jump out restock with limpets find the mission SS 25 Limpets later he drops 1 tonne of Gems.

Back out to restock limpets, mission fails because i ran out of tome even though in the Missions panel it says i had 2 days to do it.

Same crap with hunt pirate missions hundreds of pirates scanning me from the faction needed but no MISSION TARGET tag on them so it doesn't count towards the progress.

Its just soul destroying FDEV, why can't you code this to work? Is it cos people stopped sending you free pizzas and you dont give a damn anymore?

Fix your game.
    I dont know how many posts i have made on this board that echo your sentiment. Quite often i was shouted down or ridiculed by the white knights.
    FD will never fix this. Get used to it.

Some mission types have been broken the entire time i have been playing, two years this month and when occaisionally they do fix something they break something else. This and the engineers are the reasons i dont log on for weeks at a time and dont own every paint job in the store.

This will never change as long as FD is getting what they consider acceptable income from ED related merch in the frontier store.
    If you are reading this and you want things to change, stop giving FD money.

They have the template for a great game here, and as long as people keep buying ED merch, it will never evolve, because every dollar they get through the store carries the message "players like ED the way it is".
    If you are willing to pay for mediocrity, you will get all you can handle.

OP repped accordingly.

Originally Posted by Urbanski101 View Post (Source)
    But you are soloing these wing assassination missions?
    Yep, I'm an endgame player and they present a fun challenge especially in a medium ship.

I meant actually trying to play them in a wing...as they were designed to be played (I presume they put the wing icon and wording in there for a reason)
    Never bothered myself, if anyone drops out during the mission everyone fails as far as I know. Given my shaky connection I'd just be trolling the rest of the wing so I just have to go it alone.

They have never worked for me, my wingmate ends up the other side of the planet fighting the same target in a different instance. We tried many times and never got it to work. We had every possible permutation of crashes, dropping into different instances, warping to different parts of the system etc... gave up on them in the end.
    Solo it if you find yourself alone, your wingmate still gets the payout.

Gave up on ED in the end.
    I try not to reply to people who quit playing yet hang around to complain. I think it's pointless as nine times out of ten they are just repeating something inaccurate they read someone else who also doesn't play anymore say/claim/make up.

Good to hear everything is fine for you though...carry on.
    It has been since 2014.

No point carrying on this conversation, I tried to play a wing mission in a wing and it didn't work. I tried many times, it never worked.

Soloing the mission is not the answer, fixing the mission / netcode / instancing so it actually works as intended is the answer.

I now play other games that actually work, which is another solution to the problem.

I have also invested many hours and many into ED so I feel I have a right to complain about things that clearly don't work...on a forum designed for player feedback.

Originally Posted by Dizzy B High View Post (Source)
    Same crap with hunt pirate missions hundreds of pirates scanning me from the faction needed but no MISSION TARGET tag on them so it doesn't count towards the progress.
    This I can confirm. Had to abandon several pirate hunting missions as the targeted pirates are not marked as mission targets.

This one is taken today.

Yep, I'm an endgame player and they present a fun challenge especially in a medium ship.
    Medium ships (FAS/FDL) are the easy way, small ships (Viper, Courier, Vulture) present a bit more of a challenge.

Solo it
    Soloing wing missions indeed circumvent most of the bugs, but not all of them.
    About 2 hours ago I accepted a wing assassination mission in LHS 317. I had to go to LP 906-9.

Having scanned the NavBeacon in LP 906-9 i got the following message saying I have to go find a contact called Maladi, who can tell me the whereabouts of my target:
    https://imgur.com/CijXCjV

Confusing, isn't it?
    "One of my agents in LP 792-20... get over there and see if you can find Maladi"
    And at the end of the message:
    "Contact system: LHS 2335"

So which one? Since the mission icon in the galmap was placed to LP 792-20, I went there first. No sign of that Maladi dude within 10 minutes (SC, NavBeacon, station).

So I jumped to LHS 2335, only to find the exact same nothing there.

Working flawlessly, my a**.
    Or was it some kind of a riddle?
    "Get over there and see if you can find the contact".
    I got over there and saw that I couldn't find the contact. Mission abandoned.

Originally Posted by Stupid_hippy View Post (Source)
    I'm with Stig on this.. I've done about 40 wing assassination missions in a row while helping newbies with no problems at all. Stacked or not.

The timers mean nothing to me either as I regularly get to the system, scan the beacon, get the info and go find and kill them before the timer says they'll be there.

Occasionally I have even had the target (and his mates) show up at the beacon while i'm scanning it. Things get a bit crazy then, with all the other NPCs getting in on the act.
    This has been my experience as well. I even stack 8+ assasination missions, no problems.

Every so often I'll drop into a "dead" target uss, but only twice over at least 100 of them in the past week. Haven't had any of these missions outright not work though .

Originally Posted by galahad2069 View Post (Source)
    Medium ships (FAS/FDL) are the easy way, small ships (Viper, Courier, Vulture) present a bit more of a challenge.

Soloing wing missions indeed circumvent most of the bugs, but not all of them.
    About 2 hours ago I accepted a wing assassination mission in LHS 317. I had to go to LP 906-9.

Having scanned the NavBeacon in LP 906-9 i got the following message saying I have to go find a contact called Maladi, who can tell me the whereabouts of my target:
    https://imgur.com/CijXCjV

Confusing, isn't it?
    "One of my agents in LP 792-20... get over there and see if you can find Maladi"
    And at the end of the message:
    "Contact system: LHS 2335"

So which one? Since the mission icon in the galmap was placed to LP 792-20, I went there first. No sign of that Maladi dude within 10 minutes (SC, NavBeacon, station).

So I jumped to LHS 2335, only to find the exact same nothing there.

Working flawlessly, my a**.
    Or was it some kind of a riddle?
    "Get over there and see if you can find the contact".
    I got over there and saw that I couldn't find the contact. Mission abandoned.
    I said fun challenge for a reason.

You normally see the contact in SC, they'll drop down follow into their wake and they give you the details.

Originally Posted by Z0mbieBabyJesus View Post (Source)
    This has been my experience as well. I even stack 8+ assasination missions, no problems.

Every so often I'll drop into a "dead" target uss, but only twice over at least 100 of them in the past week. Haven't had any of these missions outright not work though .
    That's the thing even if you have to abandon your solo wing assassination attempt and run away the mission target just pop's up again.

In Pizza we trust! Lovin the game regardless of any issues... smile, enjoy and wait for the updates ... time is relative

You normally see the contact in SC, they'll drop down follow into their wake and they give you the details.
    Except when they don't, apparently.

Originally Posted by galahad2069 View Post (Source)
    Except when they don't, apparently.
    It works for me.

Stig, sometimes I wonder, do Wing assassination missions work for you?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast