Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Starfield disappoints

Originally Posted by lysan View Post (Source)
    And Cyber Punk 2077
    Absolutely!

Originally Posted by Backer42 View Post (Source)
    Nowadays "no multiplayer" is actually a feature, not a limitation.
    Indeed. And with no other people to break the games immersion, just imagine how much freedom we will get to actually blaze our own trail and be able to fully get into the game world for role play purposes, rather than be coerced into various flavours of PvP pewpew (over and over and over).

Originally Posted by Zak Gordon View Post (Source)
    Indeed. And with no other people to break the games immersion, just imagine how much freedom we will get to actually blaze our own trail and be able to fully get into the game world for role play purposes, rather than be coerced into various flavours of PvP pewpew (over and over and over).
    More often than not multi player games have a short single player campaign tacked on as an afterthought to fill the checkbox on the publisher's list. This is the reason why I deliberately shop for the "no multi player" feature, because there the whole money goes into the game I'm actually interested in and not into another PvP arena with micro-transactions.

You know, people seem to be bringing up "Skyrim in space", but let's not forget that the last new game Bethesda (Game Studios) have released was Fallout 4.
    As for modding... That would be good, but given how heavily they seem to be pushing their Creation Club recently, it makes me wonder just how much will still be possible by the time Starfield launches. Of course, who knows when that'll be.

Originally Posted by marx View Post (Source)
    You know, people seem to be bringing up "Skyrim in space", but let's not forget that the last new game Bethesda (Game Studios) have released was Fallout 4.
    As for modding... That would be good, but given how heavily they seem to be pushing their Creation Club recently, it makes me wonder just how much will still be possible by the time Starfield launches. Of course, who knows when that'll be.
    That's an interesting point. Bethesda level mod-ability game which has some sort of space flight involved?

I'm expecting a massive Star Wars Mod announcement within a week of release

There is no Starfield game. Its a decoy to coverup the release of Fallout 76 ..red herring

Maybe it really is just me but can I be the only one here that might want this to be a step away from what Bethesda have done before? Does it really have to be a Skyrim or a Fallout except in space? Be nice if they took it a new direction.

I'm not overly complaining here I like those games heck I loved them but would it not be nice if they broke their mould and did something new.

Originally Posted by Jezzah View Post (Source)
    Maybe it really is just me but can I be the only one here that might want this to be a step away from what Bethesda have done before? Does it really have to be a Skyrim or a Fallout except in space? Be nice if they took it a new direction.

I'm not overly complaining here I like those games heck I loved them but would it not be nice if they broke their mould and did something new.
    People always think each new Bethesda game is just the last one rehashed.
    'Oblivion was Morrowind, but dumbed down.'
    'Fallout 3 was Oblivion, but with guns.'
    'Skyrim was just Oblivion, but with dragons.'
    'Fallout 4 was just Fallout 3 but with better shooty bang-bang.'

'Starfield is just Skyrim, but in space.'

And so it goes.

Let's just see what they do. Personally I'd be happy with iteration on their tried and true formulas, but I don't doubt they'll attempt some new stuff. They always do with their flagship games.

Originally Posted by Jenner View Post (Source)
    People always think each new Bethesda game is just the last one rehashed.
    'Oblivion was Morrowind, but dumbed down.'
    'Fallout 3 was Oblivion, but with guns.'
    'Skyrim was just Oblivion, but with dragons.'
    'Fallout 4 was just Fallout 3 but with better shooty bang-bang.'

'Starfield is just Skyrim, but in space.'

And so it goes.

Let's just see what they do. Personally I'd be happy with iteration on their tried and true formulas, but I don't doubt they'll attempt some new stuff. They always do with their flagship games.
    I was about to say that; in effect.

I think I'll come back and check when the real development starts.

Also:

"I used to fly a Sidewinder but I took an arrow in the knee.........."

Originally Posted by Manticore View Post (Source)
    I was about to say that; in effect.

I think I'll come back and check when the real development starts.

Also:

"I used to fly a Sidewinder but I took an arrow in the knee.........."
    After a few days I'm still wondering how a 10 secs rendered video of nothing disappoints.

Originally Posted by Jezzah View Post (Source)

They will most likely be breaking their mold with something totally new with Starfield. This will be their first game in their new engine, a next generation engine which they are on record as stating how they want it to be able to do much more than their current engine can, including thorough vehicles.

Expect more than just Skyrim in space. To what degree is the big question.

A new engine you say??

That is welcome news indeed. That does make me happy.

Originally Posted by Mengy View Post (Source)
    This will be their first game in their new engine, a next generation engine which they are on record as stating how they want it to be able to do much more than their current engine can, including thorough vehicles.
    Yeah a new engine sounds like it would be required, the older one always had an issue with draw distance and often bad 'pop in' so the distances in space would require something a bit smoother/modern.

Originally Posted by marx View Post (Source)
    Indeed, the move since Oblivion with Bethesda's relationship to modding has been a trajectory downwards, in terms of how free and easy making great mods is. And with a new engine we have no idea what the mod restrictions are going to be. Still as long as it remains primarily Single Player, i'm sure clever people will work out how to get around any built in restrictions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123