Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top PMF galactic map

Galactic bubble ... eh.. bubble chart/map

Where are the superpowers?

https://i.imgur.com/x6HRu3l.png

WOW! I have repped you too much to rep you again so soon. Have some virtual rep +1 (it was virtual in the first place so virtual virtual rep?)

Awesomely done! Personally I wish player minor factions were not a thing but I am probably in the minority of opinion.

Originally Posted by Threeofseven View Post (Source)
    Awesomely done! Personally I wish player minor factions were not a thing but I am probably in the minority of opinion.
    Way easier to identify yourself with something that was created for your personal purpose. Still doesn't give you a direct tie to the runnings of a (P)MF but it's quite the psychological boon.

Originally Posted by Ryan Murdoc View Post (Source)
    Way easier to identify yourself with something that was created for your personal purpose. Still doesn't give you a direct tie to the runnings of a (P)MF but it's quite the psychological boon.
    Also great as a rallying point to get your group members doing stuff instead of spread out all over the galaxy.
    I personally would have stopped playing by now if not for my PMF. I love it.

Originally Posted by Ryan Murdoc View Post (Source)
    The main problem I have with it is just that, it doesn't really give you any control and it tends to cause people to dive into private groups. I've been battling a large player faction for a while, but haven't seen a single person. The general consensus is that the artificial injection of a ton of player minor factions is what largely killed Colonia.

The general consensus is that the artificial injection of a ton of player minor factions is what largely killed Colonia.
    Hey Threeofseven, I have not been keeping up with the whole colonia thing, never been there, please explain?

The map is nice, theres a small area just below the UGC, seems to be blank in all the maps shown, it belongs to PEC controlled by ECL, or in longer form PMF is Empire Consulate Ltd. and the supported Faction is Peraesii Empire Counsulate, currently 15 systems.
    It went that way because I played the BGS for over a year before I finally got a PMF and I really didn't want to do it all over again. At that time even just 9 systems to redo is a lot of work, so I just kept on the way I was going and ECL is more of a bookmark saying this is my home system.

The main problem I have with it is just that, it doesn't really give you any control and it tends to cause people to dive into private groups. I've been battling a large player faction for a while, but haven't seen a single person. The general consensus is that the artificial injection of a ton of player minor factions is what largely killed Colonia.
    Not being able to directly control a PMF is not really an issue either, at least not here. The Lore here is set up that the PMF is the government while the Wing acts as a Black Ops that operates behind the scenes to make them goals come to fruition. And if PMF one day get a change so that you can directly control it we can incorporate that.

I can't say anything about the BGS driving people into PG, for our Wing doesn't have any restrictive policy in that regard. Open is encouraged, but PG and Solo are also choices that the game offers and thus are not frowned upon. Besides, forcing to play people in one version only is against the spirit of the game in the first place.

Even if we'd have only Open available that still would mean you have no visibility if you and your opponents are not on the same platform (PC / XBOX / PS4). Let's not start about the instancing and ability to block people in the game which makes them literally invisible as well.

It is quite logical that a small area that is overly populated by people who pursue the BGS will have results showing you won't get anywhere else in the game. Best comparison I could come up with is a piece of land that dozens of Farmers want to use for their own purposes and thus start to irrigate and prepare their portions. But soon those areas are too small and you want more, resulting in moving to the patches of the others and fighting ensues what to plant there.

The bubble is densely populated as well BGS wise, but here at least you have places to go when expanding. Colonia is too restricted in that regard and can be seen as an experiment from which FD hopefully learns how not to do it again.

Originally Posted by Marcus Machiavelli View Post (Source)
    Hey Threeofseven, I have not been keeping up with the whole colonia thing, never been there, please explain?
    There were quite a lot of differing opinions on how (and even if!) Colonia should expand beyond a single system, back when Jaques was first rediscovered.

Frontier could never have got it "right" - making a decision inevitably led to some of the people who supported a different approach leaving [1] - though I think that Frontier did about the best they could with the game mechanisms available two years ago to provide something for everyone ... as well as the Pleiades and California settlements and the various deep space bases for those wanting a much more different approach.

Colonia's current player population seems largely stable in size (individuals come and go, of course) and in certain respects maybe slightly larger than it was in the first few months before expansion started - it's just spread over 70 systems rather than 1, so it seems a lot quieter just flying about. I would guess it has about the same number of players as a similarly-sized random section of the Sol bubble does.

[1] Disagreements directly between players probably had as much to do with that as anything Frontier did or didn't do, though.

Originally Posted by cmdr milesred View Post (Source)
    The map is nice, theres a small area just below the UGC, seems to be blank in all the maps shown, it belongs to PEC controlled by ECL, or in longer form PMF is Empire Consulate Ltd. and the supported Faction is Peraesii Empire Counsulate, currently 15 systems.
    It went that way because I played the BGS for over a year before I finally got a PMF and I really didn't want to do it all over again. At that time even just 9 systems to redo is a lot of work, so I just kept on the way I was going and ECL is more of a bookmark saying this is my home system.

I'll look out for it, next time I run the maps, see if I can find it, or whether there's a bug in my code, or early coordinate cut-off.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123