Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top PMF galactic map

Damn I missed that lol! Nice!

Here is a map of the medium factions: those controlling 3 to 11 systems.

And since we found earlier these maps don't zoom very well, here are two links to Google Drive with the image files:

Major faction map (12 systems or more)

Medium faction map (3-11 systems)

These maps should be more visible.
    The Gal Map should have a set of filters for understanding this stuff.

In Fact - can you make the territories into bubbles and then make the whole thing rotate slowly and be zoomable?
    Thanks - That'd be great.

Absolutely brilliant work!

HI Mangal Oemie,

the map presents a visualization problem regarding the DaVinci Corp. Our territories are the gray quadrilateral, on the left, in the middle zone of the map, adjacent to those of the Guardians of Harmony.

The first map you had published was correct.

Another suggestion: do you want to highlight the territory of local alliances, such as the Pegasi Sector Commonwealth?

The following PFM are members:

- Beasts of Bestia
    - Black Omega
    - Cavalry Command of Yuma
    - DaVinci Corp
    - Muro Independents
    - Tethys Empire Crew
    - TGNO Corp
    - The Forgotten
    - Xukong Nexus

Originally Posted by Frigna the Hutt View Post (Source)
    HI Mangal Oemie,

the map presents a visualization problem regarding the DaVinci Corp. Our territories are the gray quadrilateral, on the left, in the middle zone of the map, adjacent to those of the Guardians of Harmony.

The first map you had published was correct.

Another suggestion: do you want to highlight the territory of local alliances, such as the Pegasi Sector Commonwealth?

The following PFM are members:

- Beasts of Beast
    - Black Omega
    - Cavalry Command of Yuma
    - DaVinci Corp
    - Independents Wall
    - Tethys Empire Crew
    - TGNO Corp
    - The Forgotten
    - Xukong Nexus
    Hi Frigna, it's a bit of a known issue.... The area is drawn correctly, but I am using a function to find the "centroid" of the area by feeding in the coordinates of the systems for label placement, but ... it doesn't really work very well, which means the labels drift about a little bit.

I looked at that code section multiple times but don't really know how to fix it. It'll be "roughly right", but is certainly not perfect, and I don't even understand why it "drifts" when the systems themselves don't even change... I may look at it again, but hopefully it's a minor issue and in a few days, there'll be another map

On your other request.... let me see what I can do....

Originally Posted by Mangal Oemie View Post (Source)
    Hi Frigna, it's a bit of a known issue.... The area is drawn correctly, but I am using a function to find the "centroid" of the area by feeding in the coordinates of the systems for label placement, but ... it doesn't really work very well, which means the labels drift about a little bit.

I looked at that code section multiple times but don't really know how to fix it. It'll be "roughly right", but is certainly not perfect, and I don't even understand why it "drifts" when the systems themselves don't even change... I may look at it again, but hopefully it's a minor issue and in a few days, there'll be another map

On your other request.... let me see what I can do....
    Ok. Thank you so much for your work!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12