Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Streaming/Resolution issues PC

Streaming/Resolution issues PC

Not sure if this is the right place to post but figured i would try, also couldn't seem to find another post regarding this.

So my issue is in regards to streaming the game on PC, when i open a game capture source for JWE the resolution and quality is horrible. No matter if it's in StreamlabsOBS or OBS programs. at first i thought it was me, my PC or my settings but i have set it up for multiple other games and it is capturing them perfectly.
    I usually stream at 1440p with no issues but the qaulity seems like 720p through both OBS programs.
    Not sure what i am missing but any help would be extremely appreciated!

2. This is the last staff post in this thread. #2
    Hey Divinci,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue, as far as i am aware JWE doesn't put in place any resolution changes when streaming automatically, however, i would check that once the game has launched and OBS has started that the resolution is still the wanted 1440p.

Essentially:
    1) Start JWE in borderless windowed
    2) Launch OBS
    3) Select the JWE window
    4) Check the resolution for JWE and change it, should the resolution be lower than required

Should this not resolve your issue there may be an issue with the OBS settings and that might be worth taking a look into
    Finally if none of the above works please don't hesitate to send us in a ticket and we can look into this further for you (https://support.frontier.co.uk/topic.php#)

Originally Posted by Support Electron View Post (Source)
    Hey Divinci,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue, as far as i am aware JWE doesn't put in place any resolution changes when streaming automatically, however, i would check that once the game has launched and OBS has started that the resolution is still the wanted 1440p.

Essentially:
    1) Start JWE in borderless windowed
    2) Launch OBS
    3) Select the JWE window
    4) Check the resolution for JWE and change it, should the resolution be lower than required

Should this not resolve your issue there may be an issue with the OBS settings and that might be worth taking a look into
    Finally if none of the above works please don't hesitate to send us in a ticket and we can look into this further for you (https://support.frontier.co.uk/topic.php#)
    tried that already, i am getting the same outcome with OBS and streamlabs OBS. really got me and the streamlabs team stumped at the moment

Ok so i had to change my desktop resolution to 1080 and then the game to 1080 for it to work.... once i reverted back it worked on 1440p!! yayy

What is your bitrate for streaming output?

Originally Posted by Brem View Post (Source)
    What is your bitrate for streaming output?
    i use 3500

mm.. weird..

ill stream on 3500 to, but no lag/rate-issues and or problem with quality.