Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ** WARNING ** KoS currently lurking in Sol and Luyten's Star

Originally Posted by Stinja View Post (Source)
    Firstly: what's a KoS
    Maybe kill on sight? Or is it some sort of clan? I can't keep up with who is who nowadays.

Originally Posted by Mean_Mr_Grinch View Post (Source)
    Maybe kill on sight? Or is it some sort of clan? I can't keep up with who is who nowadays.
    I think both. Just saw one of them in the CG system, [KoS] in the ship‘s name.

Edit: Evidently they‘re the „Keepers of Scylla“ and pride themselves on „Salt Mining“.

Originally Posted by pzykozomatik View Post (Source)
    Edit: Evidently they‘re the „Keepers of Scylla“ and pride themselves on „Salt Mining“.
    A labor of love really.

Originally Posted by Maachau View Post (Source)
    A labor of love really.
    You just keep telling yourselves that.

Originally Posted by pzykozomatik View Post (Source)
    You just keep telling yourselves that.
    It's a false flag operation.
    They are recruiting for Mobius.

Firstly: what's a KoS?

Fairly low dps too, unless they're using frags, in which case they need to get close.

But meh, whatever.
    Encounters I have had with clippers is that they just boost and ram, turn boost and ram!

Fly a Cobra, engage silent running, and pop a heatsink.

Never get ganked again.

Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    Fly a Cobra … Never get ganked again.
    As a Cobra MK3 pilot, this is fairly true.

Anything small and faster than you has severe issues bringing down your modest shields before you can wake. eg: iCourier, Eagles, Vipers.
    Anything slower than you, you can essentially boost away from (on PC you have to watch for high dps railguns, much less of a prob on PS4).
    Which leaves the Clipper and Orca as the main actual threats: potentially faster than you, and enough dps to be a threat. Still it's pretty hard for them to get you too, in general

As a Cobra MK3 pilot, this is fairly true.

Anything small and faster than you has severe issues bringing down your modest shields before you can wake. eg: iCourier, Eagles, Vipers.
    Anything slower than you, you can essentially boost away from (on PC you have to watch for high dps railguns, much less of a prob on PS4).
    Which leaves the Clipper and Orca as the main actual threats: potentially faster than you, and enough dps to be a threat. Still it's pretty hard for them to get you too, in general
    Don't underestimate the value of silent running & heatsinks. 8/10 CMDRs go brain-dead when they can't achieve a lock. It's why I don't carry shields quite often.

Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    Fly a Cobra, engage silent running, and pop a heatsink.

Never get ganked again.
    Yep. When a bounty CG is busy with pvpers, if I've left my combat ships at the local station and headed off to do other things, when I head back to the CG I'll always return in either the cobra or courier. Even if theres a half dozen pvpers circling 'round in supercruise looking for kills, no one even bothers to interdict. Trying to return in long range jumpers like the DBX or asp is just begging to get killed.

Er...goto silent running as soon as a successful interdiction has been made. Obviously, you won’t have long but it’s that few seconds that might make a difference in your ability to get distance. A few fried modules are better than a complete rebuy. It DOES work but you have to be quick and good 👍🏼

Well I went to Sol and didn't see a soul.

Was in sol a bit today in open for a bit, just for a change. Did not encounter anything or anyone unusual. Surely it must be boring just camping and ganking when the universe is at ones doorstep? Ahh well. Hopefully they got bored and went to bother another system.

Originally Posted by Old Duck View Post (Source)
    Well I went to Sol and didn't see a soul.

But... but... there's almost 23 billion people there!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12