Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Dino stuck.

Dino stuck.

Frequency of the Bug/Issue
    Rarely

Describe the Issue
    At one point, one of my trikes was completely stuck, but in a very weird way. She wasn't stuck in between two objects or something like that, she was on top of flat terrain and continuously walking without actually moving anywhere.

Another weird detail, was that she was dying of thirst, even though she was literally half-way into water. So it sounds like she was also stuck in her roaming mode without being able to take a drink.

I was able to fix the issue by tranquing her and moving her just a bit.

This happened once in 15 hours of gameplay.

Reproduction Steps
    I'm not sure how to reproduce the bug, I wasn't able to witness how it happened in the first place.

Expected Result
    She shouldn't be stuck.

Actual Result
    She was stuck.

Supporting Evidence URLs
    I didn't think of this... Sorry.

2. This is the last staff post in this thread. #2
    Hey Carveros,

Thanks for the report.

What Dinosaur did you have this issue with?

Were there any other dinos nearby?

If this happens again could you please try to get a video or screenshot to assist in this investigation.

Originally Posted by QA-Mitch View Post (Source)
    Hey Carveros,

Thanks for the report.

What Dinosaur did you have this issue with?

Were there any other dinos nearby?

If this happens again could you please try to get a video or screenshot to assist in this investigation.
    I don't happen to have any screenshots or video of this one, but I've had this happen at least 3 times:

Once with a Dilo who was in a pen alongside a pair of Ceratosaurs. He was in panick-status and got stuck on the carnivore feeder. Oddly enough, the Ceratosaurs left him alone for a long enough time that he started to starve despite being right there next to the carnivore feeder (the meat pile, incidentally, not the live feeder).

Once with a Struth, who got stuck in the swamp I made (lake with lots of individual trees and bushes right in it). He actually died of starvation and thirst despite being in the water.

Once with a Trike who, like the OP, just got stuck in the middle of a field and started to starve but couldn't move. (Tested him being stuck by shooting him with the ranger's heal gun, which always causes dinos to run away). I caught it that time thanks to the low-health warning, and after checking he was actually stuck managed to tranquilize him and just transport him a few feet to the side with the chopper, which unstuck him - he immediately went and got some food.

Also Dinostuck

Hi Frontieras,
    I seem to have the same issue. I have a small pen with a couple of Dilo's, live feeder, carno feeder, water and woods. Nothing special. Every so often a Dilo will 'freeze', i.e. stop walking (still moving his head and so on). After a while his health starts to drop from lack of food and water. It looks like it can happen anywhere in the pen.
    When that happens, I can heal with a ranger, but then the dino just stays there and after a while his health drops again. Only thing that helps is tranq and transport. But it can happen again after a while. Don't know if it is just one of the Dilo's or if it happens to both.

It is extremely anooying, adds a lot of unwanted micro-management. Could you please take alook at this issue?

Dr. Scarlett

I have experienced this issue twice so far. Once I remember was with a Trike, the other was one of the stego species but can't remember which. The second time seemed like the Trike was stuck on the gyrosphere track and it couldn't move until I picked it up with the chopper. The first time it looked to me like the dino was stuck between a bunch of trees possibly, there was no gyrosphere present so I'm not quite sure.

Had this aswell with a dilo, raptor and struthie hapens rarely and tranqing fixes it as a workaround for now