Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Using Middle Mouse Button to rotate camera breaks game later on

Using Middle Mouse Button to rotate camera breaks game later on

Frequency of the Bug/Issue
    Frequently

Describe the Issue
    If I press W to move around the camera will often continue moving long after I have released the key. It doesn't have to be W either, it also happens to A, S, or D. This makes driving and piloting very difficult. If I rotate a building by pressing X (or Y) it will continue rotating long after I have released the key. The only temporary solution I've found is double-tapping the key. This normally makes it stop, however it will continue happening to other keys until the game becomes unplayable. It also effects clicking, if I click once it will not have an effect, I have to 'spam-click' for it to do something. If I continue to play eventually pressing any key does not work, nor does clicking.

Reproduction Steps
    1. Use middle mouse button to rotate camera
    2. Use WASD to try to move around or use X and Y to rotate a building. It normally takes a while for it to happen.

I think this is what is causing it, I'm not 100% sure.

Expected Result
    Nothing. You should be be able to move your camera or rotate a building without issue.
    What should happen rather what did or did not happen?

Actual Result
    One of the buttons will eventually cause a building to continue rotating or your camera to go off in one direction. Later on pressing any key does not work and clicking also does not work, even by spamming.

Supporting Evidence URLs
    none, since it takes a while for it to happen I have been unable to record it so far.

2. This is the last staff post in this thread. #2
    Hey ammsamdoij,

Thanks for the report.

I've checked this out but have not yet been able to reproduce this issue on my end.

If this happens again can you please try to get a video to assist in this investigation.

KEYBINDING BUG

This is related to the same bug as described in this thread as well https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-sometimes-yes

Originally Posted by QA-Mitch View Post (Source)
    Hey ammsamdoij,

Thanks for the report.

I've checked this out but have not yet been able to reproduce this issue on my end.

If this happens again can you please try to get a video to assist in this investigation.
    Alright, so this probably isn't the most helpful but
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ceH...ature=youtu.be
    I'm stuck on the esc menu here. I'm clicking throughout this video but none of the buttons are working. I'll try to record more if it comes up again

KEYBINDING BUG

Originally Posted by ammsamdoij View Post (Source)
    Alright, so this probably isn't the most helpful but
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ceH...ature=youtu.be
    I'm stuck on the esc menu here. I'm clicking throughout this video but none of the buttons are working. I'll try to record more if it comes up again
    In case you experience this issue again, you could try and use Automatic Mouse and Keyboard or other similar programs to simulate mouse click with instead of using your keyboard. That worked for me when my ESC button broke down in the game. You can probably find other similar programs. So try that next for fun and see if it works. :)