Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: Xbox One X Users - Assitance Required

  1. #1

    Unhappy Xbox One X Users - Assitance Required

    I am having extremely poor rendering of assets in game.
    I wonder if some other 1x users might help me out ?

    When I take off from a ground facility, use the largest one as an example, the big round job, once I get up about 12 to 15km above the base it completely comes apart to the point where the surface of the moon is visible through it. I use the external camera view looking back towards the base as I fly straight up and away from it.
    The thing is still heavily rendering in at 7km whilst proceeding to land once dropping down from OC.

    I just need to find out if my Xbox is knackered or the game is humped.
    I have the game installed on internal drive and this issue is even present directly after running cache clear.
    I think this issue began after I had to reinstall several weeks ago due to another issue I was having, but Im not 100% sure on that.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    I use 4k performance setting.

  2. #2
    You have an issue there buddy, I'm running quality 4K setting and Jameson's base hadn't rendered out 23km away, wow I'm 100km away and it's still visible sorry man

    edit: I didn't notice any tearing, clipping or rendering issues up close either and its out of render now around 200km

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by TGAM View Post (Source)
    You have an issue there buddy, I'm running quality 4K setting and Jameson's base hadn't rendered out 23km away, wow I'm 100km away and it's still visible sorry man
    All other games are fine except Elite. I dont understand this.
    Thanks.

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by GODofDUTY83 View Post (Source)
    All other games are fine except Elite. I dont understand this.
    Thanks.
    the support guys are pretty good, they should be able to tell you if it's a software issue...one hopes

  5. #5
    Is it working fine with other games?
    How is your net connection, this game gets cranky if that is slow, especially when maxed out.

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by heliman001 View Post (Source)
    Is it working fine with other games?
    How is your net connection, this game gets cranky if that is slow, especially when maxed out.
    No packet loss.
    Speeds are better than I used to have. Ive had this connection for over a year now with no downsides for playing Elite.

    Im going to put the game back on to the external drive. See if this makes a difference.

    Edit - No change.
    I have a bug report up. Maybe I will get some feedback from it.
    I know 100% that what I have now is not what I had a few weeks ago.

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by GODofDUTY83 View Post (Source)
    I am having extremely poor rendering of assets in game.
    I wonder if some other 1x users might help me out ?

    When I take off from a ground facility, use the largest one as an example, the big round job, once I get up about 12 to 15km above the base it completely comes apart to the point where the surface of the moon is visible through it. I use the external camera view looking back towards the base as I fly straight up and away from it.
    The thing is still heavily rendering in at 7km whilst proceeding to land once dropping down from OC.

    I just need to find out if my Xbox is knackered or the game is humped.
    I have the game installed on internal drive and this issue is even present directly after running cache clear.
    I think this issue began after I had to reinstall several weeks ago due to another issue I was having, but Im not 100% sure on that.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    I use 4k performance setting.
    I haven't had stations break up like that but I've noticed that planetary surfaces seem like they're rendering in low resolution with some unusual artifacts recently. I also use 4K setting on XB1X. I switched back to 1080p to see if that made a difference, but it didn't. Maybe try looking at your Field of View settings in the Options menu and see if that makes a difference. One other solution might be to completely uninstall the game from your XB and reinstall.

    Let us know!

    CMDR Ex

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by DasExorcist View Post (Source)
    I haven't had stations break up like that but I've noticed that planetary surfaces seem like they're rendering in low resolution with some unusual artifacts recently. I also use 4K setting on XB1X. I switched back to 1080p to see if that made a difference, but it didn't. Maybe try looking at your Field of View settings in the Options menu and see if that makes a difference. One other solution might be to completely uninstall the game from your XB and reinstall.

    Let us know!

    CMDR Ex
    FOV setting's.
    I did change them several weeks back. Have them set at max forward. I'll try this out later when I pop on.
    If this doesny help I'll bite the bullet and reinstall.

    Planet surfaces are the worst offenders for me. Orbital stations dont come apart like the ground bases do.

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by GODofDUTY83 View Post (Source)
    FOV setting's.
    I did change them several weeks back. Have them set at max forward. I'll try this out later when I pop on.
    If this doesny help I'll bite the bullet and reinstall.

    Planet surfaces are the worst offenders for me. Orbital stations dont come apart like the ground bases do.
    I'd like to know if anyone on here is using the One S or the regular XB1 and having the same problem. Anyone?

    CMDR Ex

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by DasExorcist View Post (Source)
    I'd like to know if anyone on here is using the One S or the regular XB1 and having the same problem. Anyone?

    CMDR Ex
    Xbox S fine for me..

  11. #11
    Might not be any help but i know my X runs better after a hard reset once a fortnight

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by Freelancer Knux View Post (Source)
    Might not be any help but i know my X runs better after a hard reset once a fortnight
    Is this where you run a factory but keep everything installed ?

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by GODofDUTY83 View Post (Source)
    Is this where you run a factory but keep everything installed ?
    No I just disconnect its power for about a minute then plug it back in. If i don't I have all kinds of little issues like it forgetting wifi passwords and headsets playing game but not system noise.

  14. #14
    A 'restart' of the X should sort minor glitches that start occurring.
    Or, as freelancer knux says, shut it off and disconnect mains power for a little while.
    The restart usually works for me.

    Those sort of glitches tend to mainly occur when game is still running when you close down the console- all kinds of weird stuff happen on xbox and ps4 elite (for me) if I never close the game fully before switching off.
    The other day I undocked while a ship was sat on the pad I came out of - lots of bashing about before could take off!! o7

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by Mr Cynical View Post (Source)
    A 'restart' of the X should sort minor glitches that start occurring.
    Or, as freelancer knux says, shut it off and disconnect mains power for a little while.
    The restart usually works for me.

    Those sort of glitches tend to mainly occur when game is still running when you close down the console- all kinds of weird stuff happen on xbox and ps4 elite (for me) if I never close the game fully before switching off.
    The other day I undocked while a ship was sat on the pad I came out of - lots of bashing about before could take off!! o7
    I just noticed this morning that my external hard drive is still drawing power even though the console is off. It did not do this with the og xbox. I will try a hard reset.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast