Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xbox One X Users - Assitance Required

Originally Posted by GODofDUTY83 View Post (Source)
    I am having extremely poor rendering of assets in game.
    I wonder if some other 1x users might help me out ?

When I take off from a ground facility, use the largest one as an example, the big round job, once I get up about 12 to 15km above the base it completely comes apart to the point where the surface of the moon is visible through it. I use the external camera view looking back towards the base as I fly straight up and away from it.
    The thing is still heavily rendering in at 7km whilst proceeding to land once dropping down from OC.

I just need to find out if my Xbox is knackered or the game is humped.
    I have the game installed on internal drive and this issue is even present directly after running cache clear.
    I think this issue began after I had to reinstall several weeks ago due to another issue I was having, but Im not 100% sure on that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I use 4k performance setting.
    something I have noticed, is never to run the x on “instant on” mode... My Xbox always shuts completely down. Sure it takes longer to start but I hardly ever experience any bugs that way... Anyway try and switch your on/off setting to power save. (So it turns off 100%)
    Then do a hard reset. Go to your Xbox console and hold down the power switch till it shuts down... Then unplug your power cable completely... Then just to be safe, though it probably doesn’t matter kill all power to your internet... Then get your wife to make you a sandwich and bring you a cold beer while you wait.
    Then connect all power to internet and your Xbox.
    Then turn your Xbox and start the game and see if that helped.

I know many will say “clear Cache” but seriously that does NOTHING at all... Not sure why so many think that is the magic trick cause it will do nothing...
    Anyway I hope this will help... I’ve got my fingers crossed for you buddy.
    PS my wife could not play Farcry 5 cause the game would crash at start screen... Her Xbox is always on. Or put to instant on... I told her to not do that. Ofc she wouldn’t listen... So I changed her Xbox to shut completely down when turning off. Did a hard reboot and now everything works...
    The Xbox will benefit from a fresh startup. Just like pc’s... Instant on mode is overrated and it makes your system slower and slower.

Wow. Thanks everyone.
    I just left a ground station and could cleary see the flood lights on a landing pad 20km up. The whole thing loads decent again.
    Hard reset was key I think. I reinstalled the game last night but I dont believe it made any difference.

Thats it then. Every night from now on this brick is getting unplugged from the wall. Scratch that, its getting unplugged whenever its not in use.
    Thanks for your help and advice everyone.

Originally Posted by GODofDUTY83 View Post (Source)
    Wow. Thanks everyone.
    I just left a ground station and could cleary see the flood lights on a landing pad 20km up. The whole thing loads decent again.
    Hard reset was key I think. I reinstalled the game last night but I dont believe it made any difference.

Thats it then. Every night from now on this brick is getting unplugged from the wall. Scratch that, its getting unplugged whenever its not in use.
    Thanks for your help and advice everyone.
    Good to hear mate. Yeah as much as I like the X it is a very frustrating machine at times.

Originally Posted by Freelancer Knux View Post (Source)
    Good to hear mate. Yeah as much as I like the X it is a very frustrating machine at times.
    I was gutted. Really did think the 1x was about to pack in. I only bought it to play Elite on it.
    I spotted my external hd was drawing power this morning even though I never use instant on so the consoles upto no good.

1. Your external HD needs to be really fast so my suggestion is put the game on the internal HD and play it. If the problem goes away it means your external isn't going to cut it for xbox one X enhanced games. Consider a Samsung SSD external T3 or T5
    2. If the Hard reset worked, set your xbox to energy save mode ( I know you wrote its set that way but just in case)

-I would not suggest to have the xbox turn off your external when the xbox is off but that is a setting the xbox offers. The xbox will power devices when its off so...depending on the device that isn't the issue.
    -You can try a factory reset but this type of thing seems to be the load speed of your external HD or your xbox one x is just hot and needs to cool down a bit (if you hear the fan move it for more ventilation)

How do I post a video clip from xbox dvr to here ?
    Its for my bug report.

I have an account with xbox dvr but when I install the link it just leads to a blank page.
    Issues are still present.

Edit - Got it.

Full shutdown of the console will be found in settings under power and startup.
    I recommend using this to shutdown.
    Looks like my machine has not been turned off since I bought the bloody thing. Woops.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12