Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: 2000th ELW

  1. #16
    Originally Posted by Zieman View Post (Source)
    And now a challenge: Find ringed ELM with a landable moon of its own.
    Or a ELW orbitting a Brown dwarf

    Originally Posted by Dr. Nagi View Post (Source)
    Wow, just imagine the sea tides on that one!
    I guess he'll be living on a Yacht anyway. Settling down on a planet is the closest to sedentary an Explorer will ever be able to bear, IMHO. A house that's not moving? PAH!

  2. #17
    Pull your finger out Man!

    How slow? Is that all?

    I'm gonna call you Chuggy from now on.

  3. #18
    Originally Posted by Dr. Nagi View Post (Source)
    Wow, just imagine the sea tides on that one!
    I was just about to warn Chiggy of the tides, but I guess I was ninjad!

    BTW, I somehow doubt life would be possible on such a planet, tidal forces might constantly destroy the crust.

  4. #19
    Congratulations!
    There is quite the focus on F-type host stars but I wonder how much is due to your checking mass code 'D' systems. I have only a small fraction of your discoveries but I have found a small number in systems with fainter primary M stars (M6 and later) and even one around a T Tauri star in mass code B and C systems respectively (I find these either whilst checking the system map as I travel or when investigating a specific region of interest in detail). The sharp drop in numbers from spectral type F to G is quite a surprise.
    Good luck for your next thousand! o7 and fly safe!

  5. #20
    Congrats...Personally I have named a few ringed ones of the 45 or so that I have located, out of 68k first discoveries so far and over 800k scans, but I don't really just look for ELWs, I just find them while searching for any undiscovereds. The most objects of one type that I have named are of course Icy Rocks, of which I have over 15k of those, hence I can proudly claim the title of Icy Rock King, unless someone can prove otherwise that they have more.
    Icy Rock Motto
    I will scan every virgin icy rock I find,
    otherwise it will be left very far behind.
    Unseen, unsullied, unheard, unknown.
    With each passing e-on, it sits there alone.
    Then some day as I am passing by,
    will point my scanner towards its gleaming eye,
    and pop that cherry for all to see,
    you just been scanned by the Icy Rock King

  6. #21
    Originally Posted by Cpt Shadow Wolfe View Post (Source)
    Congrats...Personally I have named a few ringed ones of the 45 or so that I have located, out of 68k first discoveries so far and over 800k scans, but I don't really just look for ELWs, I just find them while searching for any undiscovereds. The most objects of one type that I have named are of course Icy Rocks, of which I have over 15k of those, hence I can proudly claim the title of Icy Rock King, unless someone can prove otherwise that they have more.
    Icy Rock Motto
    I will scan every virgin icy rock I find,
    otherwise it will be left very far behind.
    Unseen, unsullied, unheard, unknown.
    With each passing e-on, it sits there alone.
    Then some day as I am passing by,
    will point my scanner towards its gleaming eye,
    and pop that cherry for all to see,
    you just been scanned by the Icy Rock King
    That's very impreesive, I reckon 45 makes you the Ringed ELW king too!
    Chiggy's the Overall ELW king, Guywano is the triple ELW king, and Now Shadow Wolf is the Ringed ELW king.

    There's me thinking my total of 21 ringed ELW's was impressive lol

  7. #22
    Originally Posted by Col Frost View Post (Source)
    That's very impreesive, I reckon 45 makes you the Ringed ELW king too!
    Chiggy's the Overall ELW king, Guywano is the triple ELW king, and Now Shadow Wolf is the Ringed ELW king.

    There's me thinking my total of 21 ringed ELW's was impressive lol
    I maybe wrote that in an unclear way, I have found 45 ELWs, and maybe out of those about 5 or 6 are ringed, I will have to check my DB when I get home since I don't have access to it here at work. I apologize for the confusion...

  8. #23
    Originally Posted by Cpt Shadow Wolfe View Post (Source)
    I maybe wrote that in an unclear way, I have found 45 ELWs, and maybe out of those about 5 or 6 are ringed, I will have to check my DB when I get home since I don't have access to it here at work. I apologize for the confusion...
    Ah I see, you're still the Ice King though

  9. #24
    What is impressive to me is that you people actually count the findings. Naturally, their count is impressive just as well.

  10. #25
    Originally Posted by space voyager View Post (Source)
    What is impressive to me is that you people actually count the findings. Naturally, their count is impressive just as well.
    I have a spreadsheet where I put all my 67k first discoveries, and have them categorized by the type of star or planet, so I know how many of each type of object I have tagged. For instance, if my memory serves me, I have just over 19k Icy rocks, 16k Rocky worlds, thought I had more in an earlier quote, but only 28 ELW, 218 of each water worlds or terra water worlds, over 200 Neutrons, 9 Red Giants, 1 Orange Giant, 2 B/W Giants, over 100 Black Holes, over 40 Terra Rocky Worlds, over 40 Ammonia worlds etc. Over 5000 different systems have my name somewhere in them and of that over 3000 are completely scanned by me.
    Takes time to make the spreadsheet cause I have to go after I do a data dump and take a screenshot of each object that has my tag on it to verify that I actually got it, where its located and its location in the system. But that's what I do while I am out exploring, getting all the data and then putting it into the spreadsheet.
    There are 204 missing objects that occurred when my first spreadsheet became corrupted and I could no longer access the data, I had only 11835 first discoveries at the time, and a lot of those were pre 2.4 update. Took me 6 months to locate all but 204 of them by searching the gal map for possible locations that I had visited, I would know by targeting a system and if I could access the system, then go into it and see if I had tagged anything. Then once I found an object, it wouldn't be hard to locate the trail during that exploration trip. Maybe I will locate those missing ones, maybe not. But now I have the spreadsheet saved in 2 different locations, one on a jump drive, as well as all the screenshots of each find converted to jpg to save on space, so that's over 67k screenshots on 2 different drives. I checked awhile back and it was 12 gigabytes of 1 set of screenshots.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12