Thread: How do I move my passenger onto mission destination ship?

How do I move my passenger onto mission destination ship?

I accepted a passenger mission to take a passenger to a place that turns out to be another ship that keeps flying past. How do I transfer him please?

Originally Posted by Nambo View Post (Source)
    I accepted a passenger mission to take a passenger to a place that turns out to be another ship that keeps flying past. How do I transfer him please?
    Whatcha talkin bout willis? Another ship that keeps flying past?

Jettison unruly passenger.

Passengers only ever have two possible "Destinations"
    1) Scan & Return - they ask you to scan a Tourist Beacon (in Deep Space, near a Planet or on a Planet Surface) and return to the original place where you accepted the Mission
    2) Transports - they ask you to dock at a Destination (Station, Planetary base), where you can complete the Mission via the Passenger Mission Board

There's no Passenger Transfer, so "Transfer to another Ship" isn't a thing.

If there's "another Ship flying around", then that sounds like a Tourist Beacon you need to locate and scan (in normal Space, lock up in SuperCruise and disengage onto it, then lock up the beacon for some ~10 Seconds to complete the Task).
    (if your Mission took you into a System you have no System Map data for, scanning any existing NAV Beacon (inhabited) or honking a Discovery Scanner AFAIK gives you an Inbox update with the Target Body, so you know where to go within the System)

Originally Posted by FalconFly View Post (Source)
    Passengers only ever have two possible "Destinations"
    1) Scan & Return - they ask you to scan a Tourist Beacon (in Deep Space, near a Planet or on a Planet Surface) and return to the original place where you accepted the Mission
    2) Transports - they ask you to dock at a Destination (Station, Planetary base), where you can complete the Mission via the Passenger Mission Board

There's no Passenger Transfer, so "Transfer to another Ship" isn't a thing.

If there's "another Ship flying around", then that sounds like a Tourist Beacon you need to locate and scan (in normal Space, lock up in SuperCruise and disengage onto it, then lock up the beacon for some ~10 Seconds to complete the Task).
    (if your Mission took you into a System you have no System Map data for, scanning any existing NAV Beacon (inhabited) or honking a Discovery Scanner AFAIK gives you an Inbox update with the Target Body, so you know where to go within the System)
    oh come on.. you ruined it!!

Ya ruined. This was a Hutton trip or two for sure.

The passenger mission was to transport this fella to the "Freeholm Victory"and to see some ruins. The Freeholm Victory turned out to be a ship that kept passing by, I couldn't contact it, the passenger claimed to have downloaded data to my screen which I couldnt find, locking on however, my scanner said data downloaded and the passenger said he had got what he wanted, now it is I that have to take him elsewhere to see these ruins! Thanks Falcon Fly

Freeholm Victory is a tourist beacon.

This is how to get everyone into open : allow us to fly around in indestructible tourist beacons

Damn. For a moment there I'd hoped that they'd added a new variant to Passenger Missions!

The use of the beacons is pretty unclear from the mission script. They never actually say to "Scan the Beacon".

Originally Posted by Marc_Hicks View Post (Source)
    Damn. For a moment there I'd hoped that they'd added a new variant to Passenger Missions!
    It would make a good variant. Like "take me to trade these armaments I give you" with one of those ships that turn up offering to trade if you fly by them.