Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Credits are meaningless :/

Originally Posted by MottiKhan View Post (Source)
    Credits are useless if you have a lot.

With a cutter, you can do trade runs for 3+ mil a run. Not so much in a cobra.

Although you can do mission stacks for Imp or Fed ranks at 2 or 3 mil a run in a sidewinder.
    Mate, I get 9m cr on a delivery run for 300 tonnes of stuff to 1 jump away system - destination was 50ls in the system. Now ok, I was allied with all factions but even so.....

Yet another whinge post seeking unwarranted attention. That's what, 480 something so far this month?

Originally Posted by EUS View Post (Source)
    Re: Credits are meaningless

I'll take them off your hands.
    Me too - I need to grind for another 100 mill to finish off my B rated T10 for Sunday's live stream.

Yeah I can make 10 mill every 15 minutes in Sothis BUT it gets old fast :-(

Originally Posted by MottiKhan View Post (Source)
    Credits are useless if you have a lot.
    I don't know, I have several billion and yet I still haven't bought a Cutter because I don't want to waste the credits on a ship I don't know what to use it for as I'm already Elite in trading, and I'm still earning more and more exploring and yet, cringe when I have to buy the new ship that I'm actually going to use.

Maybe that's why I have so much, I'm just stingy as hell...

Originally Posted by h347h View Post (Source)
    There is this thing called context. It would be nice.
    Added into original post.

Originally Posted by Grumpy181155 View Post (Source)
    I have no idea what the intent is in the original post. Do I read that correctly? In the past 24 hours Shiro made 1,269,417 credits and if so what he doing. Stargazing?

You read correctly, as I have time for single evening session it's the only session within 24 hrs I get. And that session gave me 1.2M. For playing totally valid, as designed. Doing cargo delivery missions. With a ship of choice. Without 3rd patry help.

Intent - just an observation faced against advertisement.

Originally Posted by FalconFly View Post (Source)
    It's a bit of a weird post indeed.

If you have a 187M Credit Balance, then by all means all one has to do is fall into the Cockpit chair and run a few generic Missions to have Millions running in. They'll come in almost blindfolded.

I guess the only way to only make 1.7M Cr in an entire day under such conditions would be to fly through non-scoopable and Class M Systems and scan every Icy Planet inside those. That'd make for a bad enough income in a Session.

Oh, but I did run several generic missions. Results are in the pics.

Originally Posted by verminstar View Post (Source)
    Ye never tried mining have ye?
    Once. Being total noob without any knowledge, cheap and basic gear (no limpet controller then, manual scoop) and T-6... let's say it wasn't the most pleasant experience. I wait for Q3 update to try it properly.

Originally Posted by Suvi Anwar View Post (Source)
    Yet another whinge post seeking unwarranted attention. That's what, 480 something so far this month?
    Far from it. Just made an observation. Tho some context should be given but it was late for me and beers that went then wanted to go sleep

OP - I donít get your point.

Youíve set yourself a big goal but donít want to do the work to achieve it.

No part of this world, game or reality, works like that.

Your chosen goal is not compatible with your chosen playstyle. One will have to change.

Ye never tried mining have ye?
    Actually I did

(what's supposedly wrong with Mining? 1.2M I can make within ~30-45 Minutes in any Pristine Metallic place; any Mining Mission of opportunity found will add 1-2M easily. Sure, not the king of income by any means - but it does pay the rent)

Why are you using a dedicated combat ship for general mission running? For the same money you could get a Python with four to five times the cargo space. Look fo a group of 2-4 system that regularly generate missions to each other, get allied with some factions and you'll always have the kind of "deliver 120t of cargo for 2mil" mission to a neigbouring system you can top up with boom data, some commodities and maybe even a vip passenger. Heck, even an AspX would do much better at that kind of playstyle.

Actually I did

(what's supposedly wrong with Mining? 1.2M I can make within ~30-45 Minutes in any Pristine Metallic place; any Mining Mission of opportunity found will add 1-2M easily. Sure, not the king of income by any means - but it does pay the rent)
    I would love to know how, but I handicap meself by not using any out of game resources, so I learned the hard way...as such I didnt earn an awful lot when I tried it, but it had to be done. With the payout that low, I wouldnt even attempt it again even though I sorta liked the mining itself. But just like the op, Im struggling with credit grind and that takes priority over everything else.

Go to a pristine belt...cool so how does one find them? I did all my mining in a metallic belt and after 4 whole play sessions over the week, I made about 2m all told which was absolutely and utterly laughable considering the time spent. Glad it worked out fer you though...didnt work out fer me though.

OP, I can relate but Im fed up being shouted down by white knights every time its brought up...if they want an echo chamber, an echo chamber is what they shall have...they certainly invested enough time and energy into having the credits nerfed and this is their time, so fly safe and good luck cos actual discussion about this just aint gonna happen ^

Originally Posted by GunnerBill View Post (Source)
    OP - I don’t get your point.

You’ve set yourself a big goal but don’t want to do the work to achieve it.

No part of this world, game or reality, works like that.

Your chosen goal is not compatible with your chosen playstyle. One will have to change.
    Well, there's no real point, except that discrepancy between advertised "blaze your own trail" (which I read "do what you want and achieve your goals") and effort needed to get there. It's not that I don't wanto to work toward. I just made an observation that picking what you like, playing how you picked isn't going to give you the results you are after WITHOUT doing things that you don't like/don't want to do.

Maybe my understanding of advertised phrase is off. Case is what DEVs say: be who you want, do what you want. Ok, done that but this current combo isn't going to bring me the results.

Originally Posted by pzykozomatik View Post (Source)
    Why are you using a dedicated combat ship for general mission running? For the same money you could get a Python with four to five times the cargo space. Look fo a group of 2-4 system that regularly generate missions to each other, get allied with some factions and you'll always have the kind of "deliver 120t of cargo for 2mil" mission to a neigbouring system you can top up with boom data, some commodities and maybe even a vip passenger. Heck, even an AspX would do much better at that kind of playstyle.

Why - because it's a new purchase and I currently like flying it. Despite heavily gimping my performance.

I have a Python docked. As well as Cutter. But that somewhat is against of my "fantasy" of a small-medium cargo mercenary. Big ships are great for credit making. If I had a pressure on that I would haul basic medicines to outbreak systems in a Cutter, doing 3m per run. In fact done that but it felt like a job and I wanted to try something different. This thread is a metaphorical cold water bucket.

If you want to have lots of money - do this in this. Few options to pick and that's it. Bit against: be who you want, do what you want.
    Or face long time of "gring" before you reach your goals. Since picking your own play style and dreaming big isn't going along.

Fun fact - in shooter games, usually the bigger gun, the better. Machine gun is better than hand gun. Rifle is better than shotgun. Rocket launcher beats rifle. Rushing on a pack of mobs with a handgun won't work well (it's how I feel doing trade missions in a FDL). What I expected was Mass Effect approach. With proper handling you was perfectly fine to beat the whole franchise with a hand gun. I hoped I could reach satisfactory payment levels in small ship. Seems big money comes from using big ships.

To sum up - reality check: hopes and expectation vs current design.

I would love to know how, but I handicap meself by not using any out of game resources, so I learned the hard way...as such I didnt earn an awful lot when I tried it, but it had to be done. With the payout that low, I wouldnt even attempt it again even though I sorta liked the mining itself. But just like the op, Im struggling with credit grind and that takes priority over everything else.

Go to a pristine belt...cool so how does one find them? I did all my mining in a metallic belt and after 4 whole play sessions over the week, I made about 2m all told which was absolutely and utterly laughable considering the time spent. Glad it worked out fer you though...didnt work out fer me though.

OP, I can relate but Im fed up being shouted down by white knights every time its brought up...if they want an echo chamber, an echo chamber is what they shall have...they certainly invested enough time and energy into having the credits nerfed and this is their time, so fly safe and good luck cos actual discussion about this just aint gonna happen ^
    Hm, it's reasonably easy but of course benefits from flying a suitable (larger) Ship.
    - locate any Pristine Metallic Ring (you already got that)
    - make sure you're entering the correct Ring - i.e. A-Ring is always the inside and B-Ring with slightly different color outside [often a different type, i.e. Metal-Rich]
    - the brighter the part of the Ring you're dropping into, the higher the local density of Asteroids
    - ensure Prospector Controller is A-Grade (= more fragments from Asteroids), I always use 3A Prospector
    - find a suitable balance between Cargo space and Collector Limpet Controllers
    - go for 3P or 3PG Mining (Painite, Platinum, Palladium - plus Gold to top off if you like) with Painite naturally being the king you're prospecting for primarily and Platinum following 2nd
    - when Mining an Asteroid is complete, rotate and move the Ship so that the Cargo Hatch is some 30-50m above the cloud of Fragments -> drastically speeds up Collectors bringing in the fragments
    - fill up and ensure you sell into a Boom Economy with Demand such as Industrial or HighTech (all sales prices are better, Painite especially sells for +100%)
    - depending on the Economies you're typically selling into and size of Cargo hold, one can take a certain amount of Osmium or Praseodymium in order to be able to satisfy a Mission of Opportunity for easy Bonus Credits

Has to be said though, it indeed isn't a "cash cow'.
    If you can transport 180tons, you're far better off getting Allied with all Factions of an Extraction Economy with an Orbital Station/Outpost and haul these 180ton Palladium/Gold/Silver Missions (~10M/6M/4M Cr respectively).
    Upto ~10M Cr in 10-15 Minutes i.e. in a Python is the high-income bracket right there.

Hm, it's reasonably easy but of course benefits from flying a suitable (larger) Ship.
    - locate any Pristine Metallic Ring (you already got that)
    - make sure you're entering the correct Ring - i.e. A-Ring is always the inside and B-Ring with slightly different color outside [often a different type, i.e. Metal-Rich]
    - the brighter the part of the Ring you're dropping into, the higher the local density of Asteroids
    - ensure Prospector Controller is A-Grade (= more fragments from Asteroids), I always use 3A Prospector
    - find a suitable balance between Cargo space and Collector Limpet Controllers
    - go for 3P or 3PG Mining (Painite, Platinum, Palladium - plus Gold to top off if you like) with Painite naturally being the king you're prospecting for primarily and Platinum following 2nd
    - when Mining an Asteroid is complete, rotate and move the Ship so that the Cargo Hatch is some 30-50m above the cloud of Fragments -> drastically speeds up Collectors bringing in the fragments
    - fill up and ensure you sell into a Boom Economy with Demand such as Industrial or HighTech (all sales prices are better, Painite especially sells for +100%)
    - depending on the Economies you're typically selling into and size of Cargo hold, one can take a certain amount of Osmium or Praseodymium in order to be able to satisfy a Mission of Opportunity for easy Bonus Credits

Has to be said though, it indeed isn't a "cash cow'.
    If you can transport 180tons, you're far better off getting Allied with all Factions of an Extraction Economy with an Orbital Station/Outpost and haul these 180ton Palladium/Gold/Silver Missions (~10M/6M/4M Cr respectively).
    Upto ~10M Cr in 10-15 Minutes i.e. in a Python is the high-income bracket right there.
    Im defo doin something wrong then, took two whole days just to find 10t of pain fer Selene, that being the last time I tried...or intended to try until frontier change it.

My setup...cutter with 384t cargo, and armed with a dual bay fighter hangar.
    3A prospector limpets
    5A collection limpets
    4A refinery

Theres not really an awful lot to mining but to be fair, ye just explained something I didnt know...funnily enough cos its not eplained in the game but thats a different thread altogether.

I do actually like the mining itself, even began toying with a mining T10 setup but my problems start when trying to identify where the good asteroids are...they all look the same to me and I cant find a pattern in the shapes of the roids at all. Most the time its down to just blind luck finding good asteroids.

But however...missions are a write off still so its a viable alternative that I just need to git gud with...fairly sure my issues are self infficted on this one even if it sounds like Im bashing the game over this one ^

I agree that finding the "mother lode" or just the desired Ore types is pure luck and patience, something that supposedly will see some changes in V3.4.
    I've found myself firing away Prospector after Prospector for prolonged times, only to discover I was currently in "Gallite Heaven" - when that happens I usually move away some 5-10km.
    Alternatively, when I find a small (5-10% Painite) rock, I investigate other Asteroids within 2-4km. Quite often, I find a "big brother" of my little find.

Finding such a rock is still a rare event though...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12