Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Dinosaurs Stuck (Won't Drink or Eat)

Dinosaurs Stuck (Won't Drink or Eat)

Frequency of the Bug/Issue
    Rarely

Describe the Issue
    Mainly on Muerta (2nd island) I've seen it but twice I had a dinosaur suddenly decide not to move but the stats like water and food will drop and even in the red when comfort and health drops the dinosaur starts panicking but still there. Also few times I had a bit of lagging on Muerta.

Reproduction Steps
    Don't think it is possible to reproduce as only had it happen to 2 dinos

Expected Result
    dinos to move and keep their stats up.

Actual Result
    nothing just stood there. I had to tranquilize the dinos then transport them somewhere else to resolve the matter.

Supporting Evidence URLs
    n/a

Frozen Velociraptor

Rarely

Describe the Issue
    I bred four raptors right. And then I bred some herbivores. The raptors were all scattered in the enclosure but as soon as they noticed the herbivores they all went to go hunt them. They all kill the herbivores right. Ok so 3 of them are roaming around after killing and taking a couple of bites out of their prey. But then one raptor is stuck in place. Like it could move. It would turn and stuff but it would never move around. It was like it was stuck or sum (I removed the dead dinosaur that the raptor that didnít move killed) and he still stood there.

Reproduction Steps
    It happened randomly*

Expected Result
    It should nibble on dead carcass and continue to roam afterwards

Actual Result
    It took bites and stood there. It would move its body around as if it wanted to rain around the paddock but it just stood there

Supporting Evidence URLs
    https://youtu.be/3oWPLYd5rz4

Dinosaurs Stuck (Won't Drink or Eat)

Frequently

Describe the Issue
    This has happened multiple times. Occasionally, I will notice my dinosaur's health is going down, and it's because they are starving and thirsty, but there is water and food right in front of them, and they do not move. I do not have anything recorded, but I have an image.
    This has happened with several dinosaurs. Struthiomimus, velociraptor, dilophosaurus, and huayangosaurus.

Reproduction Steps
    Not sure, but it if I tranquilize them and move them somewhere else in the same enclosure they resume walking and eat.

Expected Result
    They should move and eat and drink water when it is available.

Actual Result
    They starve to death or die of dehydration unless tranquilized and moved. Even when healed, they stay stationary.

Supporting Evidence URLs
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfsGXmzUYAAhyzq.jpg

4. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #4
    Hey AtoTimber,

Thanks for the report.

I've passed this on to get looked into.

If you see this again with any more dinosaurs can you please send me over some screenshots to assist in this investigation.

EDIT: I've merged these threads as this seems to be the same issue.

Dino's get stuck in corners

Frequently

Describe the Issue
    Some dino's like the Struthiomimus and the Gallimimus sometimes get stuck in a corner for some reason and then they get weak and a die because they can not eat or drink.

Reproduction Steps
    Just put them in a inhabit and watch

Expected Result
    A fix so this will not happen

Actual Result
    That they dont get stuck

Supporting Evidence URLs
    None at the moment

Dinosaurs get stuck

Frequently

Describe the Issue
    Quite frequently the dinos get stuck which causes them to lose comfort due to not being able to eat or drink, the only way I have found to fix this is to tranq them and move them via helo.

Reproduction Steps
    Load any island and fill it with dinos

Expected Result
    Dinos not to get stuck

Actual Result
    Dinos unable to move about

Supporting Evidence URLs
    None

I can confirm it is happening to me around the 3600 visitor mark on any island. (On PS4)
    ...About the same time the frame rate seems to drop to like 15 fps.

Exactly what I encountered. But it is mostly small carnivores like Raptors and Dilophos. That's very frustrating because, when one of them dies the others quickly get mad!

Diplodicus and Brachiosaurus on hunger strike

Rarely

Describe the Issue
    In my park, some Diplodocus and Brachiosaurus do'nt drink or eat, even though plenty of water and food is provided.

Reproduction Steps
    Make a new fence and put Brachios, Diplos and Ceratos inside. Provide them all with food and water and wait some time.

Expected Result
    All dinosaurs eat and drink when they're hungry/thursty

Actual Result
    some Brachios and Diplos are starving, but refuse to eat/drink regulary.

Supporting Evidence URLs
    https://abload.de/img/unbenanntf1s7q.jpg

Raptors and dilos freeze

Rarely

Describe the Issue
    This happened to me a few times. One or the raptors or dilos would suddenly freeze and starve to death. I would send the rangers to heal it a few times before giving up.

Reproduction Steps
    Put two dilos and a big carnivore in the same cage (giganotosaurus in my case) or multiple raptors and a big carnivore in the same cage (ceratosaurus).

Expected Result
    No freezing.

Actual Result
    After some times, possibly an hour or two, one of the raptors or dilos will start losing health. When you send your ranger team to treat it you'll find it's frozen.

Supporting Evidence URLs
    Sorry. I'll keep an eye out for the next time it happens. I've seen another person talk of this bug before.

I also sometimes get dinosaurs, stuck in one place.

To stop them starving to death
    My work around is to heal them with the ranger. (temporary boosing it's health just so it doesn't die before I apply the fix)

Then I tranquize it and then move it to another part of the enclosure with the helicopter, landing close to water or food.

When it lands it runs and eats or drinks as normal.

I also keep getting this bug. It mainly happens with my herbivores and on every island. I haven't found a specific cause it just randomly happens.

Pathfinding bug

Rarely

Describe the Issue
    Every hour or so the several of the dinosaurs will stop pathfinding and stay stationary then they will starve and become dehydrated if I do not keep a ranger there they will die. I am also having issues with ranger jeeps colliding with each other and not moving to there destination.

Reproduction Steps
    I stop the bug by saving my progress then exiting to the main menu the reopening the game.

Expected Result
    The dinosaurs should continuously move or run a path.

Actual Result
    the dinosaurs stop and starve.

Supporting Evidence URLs
    N/A

Having similar issues with velociraptors

The Raptors will stop in random places and starve.
    Usually close to a fence or viewing platform.

Have you tried to add feeders, water to the enclosure? maybe they are too shy to eat with other dinosaurs.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast