Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dinosaurs die too quick for my liking.

Dinosaurs die too quick for my liking.

First of all, I really like this game. Iíve been playing it steadily and not progressed as much as some people, but Iím really enjoying it so far. But my god one thing is frustrating me, the dinosaurs die way too quick. Iím finding myself removing the dead carcasses, repopulating the enclosure, then after that, another few dinosaurs will die. Im just constantly repeating this process.

I can understand the frustration here. I always modify their genome to increase the lifespan as much as I can.

Yep. It's kind of frustrating. I would like them to live for at least 20 hours of gameplay.

As it is, now, naming them or creating any kind of emotional bond is simply not worth it.

Originally Posted by Chris Simon View Post (Source)
    Yep. It's kind of frustrating. I would like them to live for at least 20 hours of gameplay.

As it is, now, naming them or creating any kind of emotional bond is simply not worth it.
    Yeah it's the only reason I don't name any of them. Once I get a particularly fearsome large carnivore then I might make an exception.

I can play for hours of hours when you push all genoms to long life span see there is no problem imo

My girlfriends daughter named my four Raptors. What am I gonna tell her now? Lol

Originally Posted by JoshG View Post (Source)
    My girlfriends daughter named my four Raptors. What am I gonna tell her now? Lol
    After they die, breed four new ones on the sly and re-name them

And to be fair the ones that last fairly long are probably the large sauropods like Diplo and Brachiosaurus especially if you enhance the lifespan.

Well when you stop and think back to the novel, they were genetically engineered with incomplete DNA strands in their genome making them unstable in a way. hehe But you can also bypass this with modifications to lifespan and defense, you can push it to the max as far as the species can handle. Sauropods tend to live the longest I think .

Originally Posted by JoshG View Post (Source)

"They've gone to visit other Raptor friends....".*quickly makes more*

Agreed, and on Nublar an option should be made for dinos to have infinite lifespans, just like there's an option for no diseases...

Yeah she will never know. I’m starting to modify the genes now then, hopefully I’ll notice a difference.

Originally Posted by Falco57 View Post (Source)
    Agreed, and on Nublar an option should be made for dinos to have infinite lifespans, just like there's an option for no diseases...
    This, absolutely. I love my big ol' safari park I've made on Nublar but having to repopulate entire herds is wearing on me.

Originally Posted by Falco57 View Post (Source)
    Yeah but, maybe i'ts too much, at least make them live for Ten times the amount of hours of lifespan they actually have, this could be nice for some people.
    Because yeah...when you have 50+ dinosaurs, and want to name them all, you simply dont see or loose the point if they live only a couple hours..., for all i know about the JP movies, rexy is more than 30 years old isn't she ? So why my rexy can only be 4 hours old ?
    But the fact is maybe that with this quick-aging mechanics, your game experience is more intense, you have more stuff to do and i'm pretty sure a lot of you would be bored really fast if you have immortals dinosaurs.

I think the base age is way to short. I have started modifying up all my dinosaurs genomes to max out their lifespan as much as possible so hopefully it makes a difference. Thankfully I am at the point where money really isnt a limiting factor because it really is an expensive thing to so, especially since it can reduce the viabilty so low and can take multiple attempts to successfully raise a dinosaur . Had a spino last night which had at least (cant remember the precise number) -1 viability stat, but thankfully I had three hatching success v2 mods on the hatchery so I eventually managed to get one to survive. Also just unlocked the hatchery success v3 last night so that will help out greatly.

Originally Posted by AngrySaltire View Post (Source)
    I think the base age is way to short. I have started modifying up all my dinosaurs genomes to max out their lifespan as much as possible so hopefully it makes a difference. Thankfully I am at the point where money really isnt a limiting factor because it really is an expensive thing to so, especially since it can reduce the viabilty so low and can take multiple attempts to successfully raise a dinosaur . Had a spino last night which had at least (cant remember the precise number) -1 viability stat, but thankfully I had three hatching success v2 mods on the hatchery so I eventually managed to get one to survive. Also just unlocked the hatchery success v3 last night so that will help out greatly.
    It does you can double to triple the life span.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast