View Entry Info: Bounties, wanted, authority ships after me for "wet work" mission which states this wont happen

Category:
PC/MAC Bug Reports

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Bounties, wanted, authority ships after me for "wet work" mission which states this wont happen

Bounties, wanted, authority ships after me for "wet work" mission which states this wont happen

Severity
    Minor

Frequency
    Once (<1%)

Time of occurrence
    11:00 PST

Date of occurrence
    28/6/18

VR?
    None / N/A

Ship/SRV?
    N/A

Ship Type
    Anaconda

Commander Name
    Milkman76

Description
    Took 2x "wet work" ship-kill missions from mission-giver in Fedmich. Went to target system, Cabru, to kill 27 target ships from the target faction. Mission states actions illegal in most systems, but authority signals are jammed at target signal sources. Authority ships will not respond. Standing loss will not occur.

All of the above occurred and I am now wanted, and I do not usually take any missions that lead to this. My main ship now has "legal issues", and I 'm really, really out of patience to keep dealing with all this. I dont even know if the "massacre" missions are fixed and honestly doubt I will even test them.

I interdict a target ship, get fine for interdiction. I attack the target ship at a RES, I get bounty for attacking ship, authority ships show up and attack me. I manage to kill one target ship, and I get a bounty for the murder of that captain.

Steps to Reproduce
    Take "wet work" missions. Attack targets at locations where "signals are jammed" and authority ships should not attack you, get attacked anyway. Bounties added. Wanted in target systems. Missions cannot be safely completed.

Additional files?
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/947327910811981342/C3CE738699997F57865F7FAF6C4AB212322B6521/
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/947327910811981816/1BC98CC2BEBEB2DDCB1864A4874FC871DCF19A59/
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/947327910811981711/1B1923F7FE1278161E8CD415BC03B857E22CF7B8/

2. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #2
    Hey Milkman76,

Thanks for your report - I have passed this on to be looked into!

Stay safe out there o7

Mission Giver Promises Supression of Incident Reporting For Duration of Mission. He Lied

Severity
    Severe

Frequency
    Once (<1%)

Time of occurrence
    08:34:26Z

Date of occurrence
    07/07/18

VR?
    None / N/A

Ship/SRV?
    N/A

Ship Type

Commander Name
    Zaphod Beeblebrox IV

Description
    Took a mission that promised crimes committed by me and the reporting of them to security would be suppressed for the duration of the mission while attacking mission targets and that noteriety would not increase. So I find the first mission target and interdict it, fined. Shoot it, fined again, Kill it, bigger fine. Start to collect the mats, oh look security have turned up to investigate a crime. Noteriety did not increase but now I'm wanted with a bounty and another 39 targets to find. I remember this happening before but didn't report it at at he time as I thought I had misunderstood the mission.

Steps to Reproduce
    1. Accept a mission that promises to suppress criminal activity against the mission targets.
    2. Perform criminal activity against mission target.

Additional files?
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uk9EbFJj0dI4Mx2AQRMJimPJx1j305-W/view?usp=sharing

The interdiction starts at 09:13:03Z

Any update? I've honestly stopped trying to troubleshoot.

Will I be able to avoid bounties, standing loss, and authority ship attacks when I take "wet work" missions where the mission details state that I will avoid penalties at certain locations and systems? Or am I unable to take any "wet work" missions without becoming a "pirate"?
    I don't plan to pirate, and wet work missions did not function this way before.... so if wet work missions are also malfunctioning, I guess there is little left for me to do in game.

6. This is the last staff post in this thread. #6
    Hey Cmdrs,

Just a quick update on this issue: Please be aware that on the mission info it states "System authority response will be jammed at the location of any mission-related signal source."

This does not mean that when interdicting a target etc. that there will be no security response as this is not a mission-related signal source.

We have noticed that the signal sources aren't spawning correctly which we are investigating.

Stay safe out there o7

Originally Posted by QA-Jack View Post (Source)
    Hey Cmdrs,

Just a quick update on this issue: Please be aware that on the mission info it states "System authority response will be jammed at the location of any mission-related signal source."

This does not mean that when interdicting a target etc. that there will be no security response as this is not a mission-related signal source.

We have noticed that the signal sources aren't spawning correctly which we are investigating.

Stay safe out there o7
    Players have been reporting this for months now and you just now "Noticed"???

Originally Posted by QA-Jack View Post (Source)
    Hey Cmdrs,

Stay safe out there o7
    Which is why my original report said "...but authority signals are jammed at target signal sources. Authority ships will not respond. Standing loss will not occur... All of the above occurred and I am now wanted... "

I went to target locations, scanned beacons, went into USS, RES sites. The first USS I entered had a target ship. I attacked it. Got bounties/wanted/authority ships blah blah.
    And the only reason I took this mission was in the hopes I could find something interesting to do while the 'massacre missions' have been left in a broken, non-working state. This didn't work out, either.

Whatever. I'm not doing bug reports anymore, and have uninstalled it. My patience are gone.