Page 58 of 71 FirstFirst ... 4854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
Results 856 to 870 of 1051

Thread: The Star Citizen Thread v9

  1. #856
    Originally Posted by Tippis View Post (Source)
    In other other news…

    https://www.techpowerup.com/245920/g...ting-and-sales

    CIG is now illegal in Germany. Well… kind of.
    They can easily work around that. They will say you are paying for what is already there, and everything else they add later is for free. So you pay $500 for the JPG, and the ship will be a freebie later.

    I can haz job at CIG now?

  2. #857
    Originally Posted by Tippis View Post (Source)
    In other other news…

    https://www.techpowerup.com/245920/g...ting-and-sales

    CIG is now illegal in Germany. Well… kind of.
    Originally Posted by Agony_Aunt View Post (Source)
    They can easily work around that. They will say you are paying for what is already there, and everything else they add later is for free. So you pay $500 for the JPG, and the ship will be a freebie later.

    I can haz job at CIG now?

    Sadly it was a Court in Munich, Bavaria which ruled that way. Given the Federal Structure of Germany it is therefore only effective in Bavaria.
    Until there is a German Federal Court ruling in the same matter... you get the picture.

  3. #858
    Originally Posted by Tippis View Post (Source)
    In other other news…

    https://www.techpowerup.com/245920/g...ting-and-sales

    CIG is now illegal in Germany. Well… kind of.
    Iam from germany and i can tell you that has nothing to do with star citizen (or any other kind of game pre-orders or kickstarterstuff). Its only for internet shops like amazon,media markt or mindfactory if they have vague information about how long it does take until product XYZ is back in stock again. Its just about product availability informations.

  4. #859
    Originally Posted by Clawhammer View Post (Source)
    Iam from germany and i can tell you that has nothing to do with star citizen (or any other kind of game pre-orders or kickstarterstuff). Its only for internet shops like amazon,media markt or mindfactory if they have vague information about how long it does take until product XYZ is back in stock again. Its just about product availability informations.
    What is Star Citizen but an internet shop selling JPEGS with vague information about availability, stock, and product?

    Not to mention there is absolutely no game, for either of the two games CIG promised to deliver.

  5. #860
    Originally Posted by Tippis View Post (Source)
    In other other news…

    https://www.techpowerup.com/245920/g...ting-and-sales

    CIG is now illegal in Germany. Well… kind of.
    I'm sure in time this will become a standard consumer protection throughout Europe. The only people not protected from this practice will be backwards countries with totalitarian governments that don't care about the rights of their citizens.

  6. #861
    Originally Posted by Asp Explorer View Post (Source)
    What is Star Citizen but an internet shop selling JPEGS with vague information about availability, stock, and product?

    Not to mention there is absolutely no game, for either of the two games CIG promised to deliver.
    You just don't understand dream development

    *Waves hands*

    Buy an Idris!

  7. #862
    Originally Posted by Clawhammer View Post (Source)
    Iam from germany and i can tell you that has nothing to do with star citizen (or any other kind of game pre-orders or kickstarterstuff). Its only for internet shops like amazon,media markt or mindfactory if they have vague information about how long it does take until product XYZ is back in stock again. Its just about product availability informations.
    Ok. Do you have any closer description of the ruling that tells a different story than the article's description: “for any retailer to sell a pre-order for a commodity or a digital software license (i.e. take payment before product launch date), the reseller must specify the exact date of on which the product will be delivered.”? Because that most certainly applies to Star Citizen.

  8. #863
    Originally Posted by Clawhammer View Post (Source)
    Iam from germany and i can tell you that has nothing to do with star citizen (or any other kind of game pre-orders or kickstarterstuff). Its only for internet shops like amazon,media markt or mindfactory if they have vague information about how long it does take until product XYZ is back in stock again. Its just about product availability informations.
    OLG München, 17th May, 2018 (AZ 6 U 3815/17)
    In August 2016, the company Media Markt offered in its Internet offer "www.mediamarkt.de" the smartphone "Samsung Galaxy S6" for 499 Euro for sale.
    Customers who wanted to buy the phone were repeatedly told during the ordering process "The article is available soon. Make sure you get one" attuned to an indefinite delivery of the ordered item.
    This practice is now banned by judgment of the OLG Munich.
    The judges confirm the opinion of the consumer center NRW, according to which an indefinite statement on the delivery of goods ordered on the Internet violates the statutory information obligation of the provider.
    According to this, when ordering online, customers have to learn specifically before the click on the buy button, by which time the goods will be delivered at the latest.
    By saying that the article is "soon available", customers only learn that a delivery is promised in the near future.
    However, they do not receive any information on how long - a few days or weeks and months - they have to wait for a delivery.
    The court thus fully confirms the first-instance judgment of the Landgericht München I of 17 October 2017 (AZ 33 O 20488/16).
    The revision at the Federal Court was not allowed.
    However, Media Markt can appeal against this. As long as this takes the judgment is not final.



    To be honest it was just a matter of time until someone would sue Media Markt (the german version of Best Buy) for this shady crap. But that's definitely not usable against CIG.
    But if that ruling becomes final it could maybe be used as a base for a law suit against CIG, but I highly doubt that a consumer protection agency would do it as there are no "real" goods involved with.


    Edit: The link to the ruling (In German language)

  9. #864
    That does look like an interesting can'o'worms for CIG. It's basically thier core business...

    Edit: A computer game, even if delivered digitally, is still a real product costing real money.

  10. #865
    Originally Posted by Jacques d'Orleans View Post (Source)
    OLG München, 17th May, 2018 (AZ 6 U 3815/17)
    In August 2016, the company Media Markt offered in its Internet offer "www.mediamarkt.de" the smartphone "Samsung Galaxy S6" for 499 Euro for sale.
    Customers who wanted to buy the phone were repeatedly told during the ordering process "The article is available soon. Make sure you get one" attuned to an indefinite delivery of the ordered item.
    This practice is now banned by judgment of the OLG Munich.
    The judges confirm the opinion of the consumer center NRW, according to which an indefinite statement on the delivery of goods ordered on the Internet violates the statutory information obligation of the provider.
    According to this, when ordering online, customers have to learn specifically before the click on the buy button, by which time the goods will be delivered at the latest.
    By saying that the article is "soon available", customers only learn that a delivery is promised in the near future.
    However, they do not receive any information on how long - a few days or weeks and months - they have to wait for a delivery.
    The court thus fully confirms the first-instance judgment of the Landgericht München I of 17 October 2017 (AZ 33 O 20488/16).
    The revision at the Federal Court was not allowed.
    However, Media Markt can appeal against this. As long as this takes the judgment is not final.



    To be honest it was just a matter of time until someone would sue Media Markt (the german version of Best Buy) for this shady crap. But that's definitely not usable against CIG.
    But if that ruling becomes final it could maybe be used as a base for a law suit against CIG, but I highly doubt that a consumer protection agency would do it as there are no "real" goods involved with.


    Edit: The link to the ruling (In German language)
    Apologies, IANAL, but there is nothing in principle there that suggests that this same logic could not be applicable to Star Citizen? Why do you say it can not?

  11. #866
    Originally Posted by Viajero View Post (Source)
    Apologies, IANAL, but there is nothing in principle there that suggests that this same logic could not be applicable to Star Citizen? Why do you say it can not?
    Simple, SC already has its own dedicated rule:

    If you spent money prior to 1/1/2015 you
    a) already refunded
    b) assume your money is lost

    If you spent money after this date and / or still spending, well... We can't do anything to help, you (keep) scam(ming) yourself, sucker.

  12. #867
    Originally Posted by Viajero View Post (Source)
    Apologies, IANAL, but there is nothing in principle there that suggests that this same logic could not be applicable to Star Citizen? Why do you say it can not?
    To apply the same logic it would need a new lawsuit and because CIG is a US based company it could be a federal case and not a local bavarian state court case.

  13. #868
    Originally Posted by Jacques d'Orleans View Post (Source)
    To apply the same logic it would need a new lawsuit and because CIG is a US based company it could be a federal case and not a local bavarian state court case.
    Ah ok, it was a specific ruling on a specific suit.

  14. #869
    Originally Posted by DLewth View Post (Source)

    Buy an Idris!
    But i do not WANT an Idris.

  15. #870
    Originally Posted by Viajero View Post (Source)
    Ah ok, it was a specific ruling on a specific suit.


    Yes, exactly.