Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 80838485
Results 1,261 to 1,274 of 1274

Thread: The Star Citizen Thread v9

Originally Posted by Knightshark View Post (Source)
    That's from 2013...
    Originally Posted by Fishy View Post (Source)
    Makes one wonder how much they're in for 5 years later!

That's exactly where I'm pointing at, if those guys have been so deep in back in 2013, how much deeper did they bury themselves in 2018? It could at least explain some of those rabid defenders of SC all over the Internet, humans do react the way they do when their Angst reaches a certain level.
    If this game project will implode and it will, there's no doubt about it, some of the whales will lose not only money, some will loose their house, will go into high debts and some off them will lose their wives and kids while getting served the divorce papers. And it's sad but I'll say it nevertheless, I fear there will some people who will lay hand on themselves. I really do fear that.
    Not all whales are rich well off people, like that due Michu dude who spent 54k on SC, some of them are lonely indiviuals who'd do everything for a "senpai recognized me" feeling and some of them can't control their spending habit which in the long term will ruin their lives.

Originally Posted by Jacques d'Orleans View Post (Source)
    Not all whales are rich well off people, like that due Michu dude who spent 54k on SC, some of them are lonely indiviuals who'd do everything for a "senpai recognized me" feeling and some of them can't control their spending habit which in the long term will ruin their lives.
    To be honest most "well off" people can and do control their spending, that's how they are "well off" to start with (i'll exclude those "daddy's fortune defines me" kids here). I know i am in the "quite rich" category (from my own earnings) and i didnt spend as much as these guys on SC, knowing very well that the probability of getting nothing or a completely crappy result is rather high. So, disposable money, no regrets, no emotional involvement.

A lengthy and well informed recap on exactly why no one is ever getting their money back from the failed Star Citizen project.

https://youtu.be/HYEAPspG92U

Originally Posted by Cobra1984 View Post (Source)
    A lengthy and well informed recap on exactly why no one is ever getting their money back from the failed Star Citizen project.

Liked and subscribed.

God forgive me but I lol'ed hard at the ridiculous opening animations of the saluting commando with the Bruce Grobbelaar "spaghetti legs". More of this sort of thing!

Truly, Star Citizen drama is the best drama

Originally Posted by Jacques d'Orleans View Post (Source)
    That's exactly where I'm pointing at, if those guys have been so deep in back in 2013, how much deeper did they bury themselves in 2018? It could at least explain some of those rabid defenders of SC all over the Internet, humans do react the way they do when their Angst reaches a certain level.
    If this game project will implode and it will, there's no doubt about it, some of the whales will lose not only money, some will loose their house, will go into high debts and some off them will lose their wives and kids while getting served the divorce papers. And it's sad but I'll say it nevertheless, I fear there will some people who will lay hand on themselves. I really do fear that.
    And it still baffles me because their numbers still possibly do not add up with the self claimed monthly income that CIG have been bragging about for years.

You add those guys, plus guys like whoever that was bragging about his 55k investment, and then these streamers that CIG blatantly support and etc.

Still nowhere near 3+ million of monthly income for CIG.

Anyone ever keep track of the active cult members on both rsi/spectrum forum and SC reddit? Count them and extrapolate their numbers with CIG monthly income.

Do they added up with the supposedly 3+ million monthly income?

And monthly is the emphasized word here, because maybe they can have a rush of buying on certain dates, but what about the other times? Especially when there were literally nothing new to be bought?

Because I can't believe that even the most fanatic would buy hundreds of the same JPEGs for monthly and have been doing so for years.

So I'm back to my assumption, the 190 million may as well be a lie and has been for years, especially for the last few years.

Originally Posted by n4p0l3on View Post (Source)
    Do they added up with the supposedly 3+ million monthly income?
    $3 million a month is probably very plausible.

There are "two million" accounts....but I'd suggest only about 500k, at absolute best, are "real".

If, out of that figure, 1 in 10 decide to buy something in a month, they would only need to spend an average of $60 each. The numbers involved go up and down depending on how many whales or regulars buyers there are. If 500 of the whales gave $1000 each month, then CIG would only need 25,000 players to spend $100 each. And it doesn't have to be the same whales or casual each month.

Because I can't believe that even the most fanatic would buy hundreds of the same JPEGs for monthly and have been doing so for years.
    You assume the same people spend the same amount every month. In reality, only a small fraction of their backers likely get involved and while each buys stuff on an irregular basis, over time, it levels out. Player A might buy a $200 package one month and the next Players B and C might drop $100 each.

The $3 million a month is plausible, and probably accurate as far as it goes....but, like so much of SC, we only get half the story.

So I'm back to my assumption, the 190 million may as well be a lie and has been for years, especially for the last few years.
    Most likely. It doesn't include refunds for example.

Anyone believing CIG that the money has been spent on development is very likely wrong.

The 3+ million was years ago when they were just 300 people, and claimed they made $80–$90k a day. Now they claim they are 500 strong and make $60-$70k a day.

It's not that the it's implausible that they could collect $3M from their subscriber base in a month — it's that they claim they are getting far less, and that even $3M is nowhere near enough for this size company.

But ok, let's assume they only hire the most dirt-cheap, inexperienced, bargain-basement, couldn't-get-a-job-anywhere-else refuse programmers; that they don't equip them correctly or pay any of the benefits they're due; and that they get away with their staff costing pretty much half of what is the industry norm (this bodes well for the eventual outcome…). Even then, how does that $3M compare to the funding tracker?

Every month since december has been far below that number, and the december bump only gave them a one-month buffer.
    Every week, they need to take in $700,000, and on their best week, they're a full day's income short of that.
    Every day, they need to take in $100,000, and they're constantly in the red.
    Every hour that they're not making $4200, they're losing money, and while there are spikes that look good, they're not consistent enough to cancel out the dips.

…but that's assuming the staff is garbage — if they actually want to deliver a game made by competent people, those periodical costs need to be doubled.

It doesn't make much sense to me either.

Whales typically account for 1-2% of the playerbase, so perhaps 20,000 whales, if they spend $500 per month (a new ship + a couple of melts and upgrades) that's "only" $10 million of the yearly $35 million. It would also mean 20,000 backers have a fleet of 72 ships or more at this stage!

They have maybe 3000 new paid backers sign up per month, 36,000 per year which accounts for approximately $2.2 million in box sales (SC+SQ42), so the existing playerbase is somehow accounting for ~$24 million which is just insane, especially when considering most people pre-order and then don't touch a game until it releases, the majority sure as hell aren't buying items prior to release.

So either SC has a much higher percentage of whales ie 5% and/or they are spending far more than $500 per month, but does CIG even provide enough assets for people to continuously buy month in month out for 6 years?

E: New ship packages up.

Apollo Triage - $270 warbond / $300 cash + credits
    First Responder - $495 warbond / $550 cash + credits
    Crisis Pack - $1550 warbond / $1695 cash + credits

Originally Posted by Zetta View Post (Source)
    It doesn't make much sense to me either.

Whales typically account for 1-2% of the playerbase, so perhaps 20,000 whales, if they spend $500 per month (a new ship + a couple of melts and upgrades) that's "only" $10 million of the yearly $35 million. It would also mean 20,000 backers have a fleet of 72 ships or more at this stage!

They have maybe 3000 new paid backers sign up per month, 36,000 per year which accounts for approximately $2.2 million in box sales (SC+SQ42), so the existing playerbase is somehow accounting for ~$24 million which is just insane, especially when considering most people pre-order and then don't touch a game until it releases, the majority sure as hell aren't buying items prior to release.

So either SC has a much higher percentage of whales ie 5% and/or they are spending far more than $500 per month, but does CIG even provide enough assets for people to continuously buy month in month out for 6 years?

E: New ship packages up.

Apollo Triage - $270 warbond / $300 cash + credits
    First Responder - $495 warbond / $550 cash + credits
    Crisis Pack - $1550 warbond / $1695 cash + credits
    New packages containing ships for which no mechanics exist for their function and no idea on when they will be implemented.... well, we've not seen that before, *cough* land claims, pioneer....

Are refuel mechanics implemented on Starfarer?

Originally Posted by Skizomeuh View Post (Source)
    Take a guess

And it still baffles me because their numbers still possibly do not add up with the self claimed monthly income that CIG have been bragging about for years.

You add those guys, plus guys like whoever that was bragging about his 55k investment, and then these streamers that CIG blatantly support and etc.

The development speed and progress doesnt match a 3 million per month income either so I d say its entirely possible that CiG is lying regarding that number and has been for quite some time. And if CiG used the tracking meter as a propaganda tool from the very beginning then its entirely possible that Star Citizen didnt go over a fragment of its claimed total income. With so much being smoke and mirrors and vagueness and lies and blatant deception regarding this project...how could we get take an exact and accurate number like this (already a unique occurance when even the development time so far is undetermined) and take it at face value?

Like so many things the tracking meter and the underlying funding have by now spectacularly backfired on CiG. When at first a strong funding was perceived as a positive almost guaranteeing a finished game at the end it now only helps to outline the stark contrast between available resources and overall progress. While "dont rush and take as much time as you need to make it right" was cute years back it now reeks of desperate mindbending intentionally trying to ignore the obvious shortcomings of the project someone who isnt invested in has no problems to recognize. When at first I respected this attitude in others thinking they might be more patient and centered (and probably wealthier...) then me this comment TODAY immediately marks them as fanatics in my eyes who refuse to see all the crap and obvious red flags surrounding Star Citizen. Its not a healthy state of mind to live in.

We speculated about the "real" number of backers in contrast to the 2.000.000 number stated on CiGs homepage years ago. Estimates varied wildly back then and are no more accurate today because we didnt get any new information on the topic in the meantime. I just think it becomes more and more obvious how much of a joke that number is by now and personally....I think a 500.000 backer number is equally laughable. I do believe however that the % of whales in Star Citizen is much much bigger then in your typical pay-to-win game on the market mostly because everybody else has left or jumped ship already. This would also mean that the remaining number of active backers must be a joke by now which would nicely explain the activity reports on all SC modules. Regarding the number of people actively participating in testing I would estimate the remaining pool of potential "space cows" at 10-15.000 at most. That includes the folks who are mostly in for a basic package just having "fun".

On that note its very peculiar how many people, especially the ones coming HERE to promote and speak for Star Citizen only ever bought a basic package. With the total funding and obvious error in reported backers practically everybody involved in this project must be in for more then that by now, only the most stalwart (and ignored by CiG) person would sit on his/her basic package by now after constant propaganda bombardment for years by CiG and the various echo chambers promoting spending. Rather, while at first a big investment was a mark of honor among the "elite" in the SC community it is now more like a public medal of shame people will mock you for so claiming a basic investment like any "sane" person is self-protection and their only way to participate without outing themselves as sunk-cost-fallacy victims the rest of the world is perceiving them as. These numbers are only discussed and stated in "protected" areas where enough other like-minded people can come to ones defense. Notice how so many people admitting that they were in for hundreds or thousands of dollars have since refunded their investment are pretty much the only ones left today sharing their real investment levels.

Originally Posted by Skizomeuh View Post (Source)
    Regarding the fact that ramps still kill people (its better now tho) and commandos either die without cause or glitch through walls/ships this question is almost cruel in its innocence. I would expect a similar tier Zero implementation like mining. Probably getting close enough to the ship needing to be refueled then performing the act by the press of a button and voila...done. Of course this action could only be performed by a special ship which will be announced and will cost as much+ then the Prospector. If anything CiG has proven to be very reliable when it comes to opportunities to milk its remaining space cows for yet more space milk. But those cows seem to be happy to have their teats fondled and squeezed so I guess I should be happy for them

Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 80838485