Page 54 of 85 FirstFirst ... 49525354555659 ... LastLast

Thread: The Star Citizen Thread v9

Originally Posted by Cotic View Post (Source)
    Gate camping/blockading in EVE = bad content creation
    Gate camping/blockading in SC = good

Paying CODE in EVE = bad 10 million ISK is a bargain, miner calm down!
    Paying CODE in SC = good

Everything is good for Star Citizen.
    FTFY!
    So they started selling mining permits in SC? Who'd have thought?

Originally Posted by TenakaFurey View Post (Source)
    Yes....but it runs into the perpetual problem.

PvPers attacking PvEers.

One wants to fight...is equipped to fight....has experience fighting and has the ambush advantage and likely numbers
    The other DOESN'T want to fight...isn't equipped for it....likely has less experience in combat and is outnumbered and been ambushed.

In short....the fight isn't "fair" which is great IRL but not so much in a game. Especially since the costs of such actions are skewed towards the victim. The problem is worse now because there are bottlenecks with so few locations, but adding more locations doesn't really help and it spreads out the player base

Unfortunately, SC doesn't really seem to have a solution for this and many SC backers don't seem to be expecting a high PvP environment. Conversely, many PvP groups are eager to shape SCs culture before release, to try and ensure it is seen as another EvE, especially since they kinda missed the boat with ED which, despite several high profile incidents, is seen largely as a PvE focussed game.

The trouble is that such imbalances also create a toxic atmosphere in the game and can drive many players away. PvP is not as popular as many PvPers want and open world PvP is often more a case of cyberbullying and harrasment.

PvP is one area CIG needs to talk about more.
    I don't really see a problem, lol. Kinda strange - I hate it in ED, but I don't give enough cups of it for SC to mind. I'd even consider it a gameplay for me if it ever releases.

Punishing their own alpha testers for coming up with creative gameplay or pointing out deficits within their current pre-alpha tech demo is on the same level as charging money for not-yet-implemented-no-balanced assets (aka ships).

I didnt think I would have to say this but.....

Its an alpha guys. Which means that situations like backers/testers "breaking" the current model is expected and wanted. I dont mean by hacking or cheating but if their testers can create these "annoying" and "gamebreaking" situations by means provided by CiG its just a sign and opportunity for the developer to change it before they are too far along. Punishing the guys who do all your work for you....insanity but truth be told I wouldnt be surprised.

Originally Posted by MTBFritz View Post (Source)
    Punishing their own alpha testers for coming up with creative gameplay or pointing out deficits within their current pre-alpha tech demo is on the same level as charging money for not-yet-implemented-no-balanced assets (aka ships).

I didnt think I would have to say this but.....

Its an alpha guys. Which means that situations like backers/testers "breaking" the current model is expected and wanted. I dont mean by hacking or cheating but if their testers can create these "annoying" and "gamebreaking" situations by means provided by CiG its just a sign and opportunity for the developer to change it before they are too far along. Punishing the guys who do all your work for you....insanity but truth be told I wouldnt be surprised.
    Lol, exactly this.

Originally Posted by Navigare Necesse Est View Post (Source)
    I'd even consider it a gameplay for me if it ever releases.
    Yup, I had that thought too, it could be fun to sell "real" ship insurance policies and give them miners the protection they deserve. I mean space is a cold and harsh environment, things could happen out there, bad things.

Originally Posted by Jonny Shiloh View Post (Source)
    Yep, totally agree. Oceans of salt will surely flow when the whales in their shiny real money space chariots come up against the PVPers, especially with insurance wait times being such a drag at the moment.
    At some point they will get their "PvP slider" as a paid store transaction, which will be implemented as a simple switch making them invulnerable.

Mark my words.

Originally Posted by Backer42 View Post (Source)
    At some point they will get their "PvP slider" as a paid store transaction, which will be implemented as a simple switch making them invulnerable.

Mark my words.
    That would require a released game which gets so much support and revenue AFTER release that it can afford to continue working on more content.......

Originally Posted by Backer42 View Post (Source)

Mark my words.
    Only for 275$! Ain't it a bargain, huh?

New Sid Alpha video:

Originally Posted by Jacques d'Orleans View Post (Source)
    New Sid Alpha video:
    Excellent Video. Also very balanced, calm and collected.

Originally Posted by Toumal View Post (Source)
    Excellent Video. Also very balanced, calm and collected.
    He's very kind in not calling out the absolutely nonsense Monty is spouting too — very generous of him.

Also: https://mikephilbin.blogspot.com/201...of-no.html?m=1

Originally Posted by Barking_Mad View Post (Source)
    At last count I think there are still 3 ex-Elite devs still working on Star Citizen.
    I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they get together over a beer.

There's some ex CIG devs I know from another project. Let's just say they are happy to be out. That does not have to be an accurate indicator of how well a project is of course. You might have a great project going and kicking out a few poisonous people, who then tell everyone how terrible your project is managed. So keep that in mind.

King of the Shills Montoya respond to Failure to Report....

pay attention when he explains how he knows FTR.....for me now one thing is almost sure,seems that both of them CLEARLY was earning cash doing some grey-market trades....well FTR obviously stop doing that...and atm not sure considering the prices on grey market how well Montoya currently doing

Jesus that't cringeworthy.

In other news:

Originally Posted by Tippis View Post (Source)
    Jesus that't cringeworthy.

In other news:
    Brilliant!

Page 54 of 85 FirstFirst ... 49525354555659 ... LastLast