Page 57 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Thread: The Star Citizen Thread v9

Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post (Source)
    That's true, it does. Maybe a new stretch goal will be to implement DRM for ship JPEGs to prevent second hand sales? Maybe they could "invent" steganography to embed an image of a benevolently smiling Chris "Genuine" Roberts into every one?

I realise they aren't actually selling JPEGs but otherwise the joke doesn't work. ;-)
    Perhaps they need a blockchain for the transactions?

Originally Posted by Mr Teatime View Post (Source)
    Perhaps they need a blockchain for the transactions?
    Undoubtedly - just as soon as Genuine Roberts gets around to inventing blockchain

Was just thinking. One way for them to make money would be to build some crypto mining into the client that sends all the proceeds to CIG. That would certainly explain the network traffic and CPU usage.

That's evil....so 3.3 then?

They might as well chuck bitcoin mining into 3.3, there'll be plenty of room for it after they've stripped out Hurston, its moons, Lorville, salvage, repair, player-to-player refuelling, FPS combat AI and ship behaviours, object container streaming, network entity streaming, network bind culling and cloud tech... it can sit next to the extremely vital FOIP integration and Aegis Hammerhead.

Oh - I can see it now!

"Your Idris has been destroyed. Insurance replacement will take 60 minutes. You can expedite to 45 minutes by paying 500,000,000 UEC, or mining Starbux for 10 minutes"

The possibilities are endless!

according to the Montoya it ll "3.4 or whatever" which means nobody knows

Originally Posted by Asp Explorer View Post (Source)
    Oh - I can see it now!

"Your Idris has been destroyed. Insurance replacement will take 60 minutes. You can expedite to 45 minutes by paying 500,000,000 UEC, or mining Starbux for 10 minutes"

The possibilities are endless!
    I think that is one corporation even CiG would fear to Archer from!

Originally Posted by MTBFritz View Post (Source)
    And what else can he do? His viewer counts are dwindling.

https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/testsquadron

Yeah you are right I guess I mixed him up with somebody else. His view counts always were bad, he didnt really do better or worse overall. Guess its the same pool of people who initially got him subscribed over the years The graph looks suspicious because videos 2 years back were about equal in views as they are now but I didnt go into more detail so maybe he simply saturates YT with trash videos which might explain that surge. Honestly I dont really care enough to get to the bottom of this. But I correct my previous statement to "his viewer counts always were bad"

Sounds about right. Its not really "outsiders" trying to interrupt harmony. Its CiGs very own backers venting their frustration because bug reports largely go ignored or unnoticed, complains on forums are getting "handled" by biased mods or SC fanatics and if CiGs reaction to getting less money is to reduce development progress even more then I d say that is a rather timid example of how ugly things can get.

CiG...listen up. We are unhappy about the state of the game. You got our money and you got our support. Its about time to deliver "something" so get to it.

In other other news…

https://www.techpowerup.com/245920/g...ting-and-sales

CIG is now illegal in Germany. Well… kind of.

The Co-optional Podcast stick the boot in to the "Unmentionable Game". (34 to 41 mins if the timestamp doesn't work)

(As an aside, props to Genna for keeping it going.)

I wonder if Montoya will throw his toys out of the pram again?

Prams have been refactored to embrace and encompass the entire universe as referenced in the latest ATV.