Page 463 of 463 FirstFirst ... 458461462463
Results 6,931 to 6,943 of 6943

Thread: The Star Citizen Thread v9

  1. #6931
    Originally Posted by McGlashan View Post (Source)
    Looking at that, it seems it's basically nothing but minor tweaks, endless variations of ships and the ever-present "performance optimization" until the middle of next year. It seems to be missing a lot of small details like land claims, base building, other star systems, or any new gameplay mechanics.
    And what about the complete physics rework that will be required before they can even begin to think about adding carriers like the Kraken? It's bad enough when you see someone trying to get a hoverbike aboard a regular ship, imagine trying to then land that ship on a carrier that's also moving around. Jank-ception. Imagine how far into the future the roadmap will have to stretch to include all of those features, and the sub-systems required to make them possible.
    They do claim to add some gameplay mechanics (reputation/C&P, salvage). But the basic idea is "lots of stuff still broken, cant proceed with most until this is fixed.". While that is crappy, I do prefer this roadmap over the "EVERYTHING NEXT MONTH!!!!" roadmap they used to have. I wouldnt be surprised if they can slowly become more realistic and honest without breaking funding too much, and I can easily see them cruise through 2020 without too much problems.

  2. #6932
    Originally Posted by Jacques d'Orleans View Post (Source)
    New Roadmap:
    Considering we're already pretty much an entire month into Q4, they still have to deliver 3.3.5 and then push 3.3.x to the live servers and 3.4.0 is barely off the starting blocks with Christmas shortening the remaining time further I'm calling it now. There ain't a cat in hells chance 3.4.0 will even be in the Evocati's hands this year, certainly not without deprioritising anything of substance to 3.5.0.

  3. #6933
    Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post (Source)
    The Star Citizen 3.3 Experience
    Well....there is a lot of bugs&glitches many of them are fresh&new but for me personally this 3.3 patch finally brings some visible improvements....

  4. #6934
    Originally Posted by CMDR_Cosmicspacehead View Post (Source)
    £1650 for a spaceship?!

    What does it come with?
    All the future DLC, other ships, and 35 copies of the game?

    I wouldn't even pay £50... Lol



    To be honest, this is me we're talking about.

    I wouldn't even pay £5. Lol
    You must be new.....under 2K is actually a bargain. We had ship sales for 2.500 before and a bundle for 27K. I can see how all the whales are crapping beneath themselves with excitement and selling their cars and take on additional mortgages in order to get this new pixel picture

  5. #6935
    Originally Posted by Jacques d'Orleans View Post (Source)
    New Roadmap:
    3.3 is already 3 weeks late and 3.4 is only 17% done....with Christmas coming

    Wonder what they'll cut.

  6. #6936
    Originally Posted by TenakaFurey View Post (Source)
    3.3 is already 3 weeks late and 3.4 is only 17% done....with Christmas coming

    Wonder what they'll cut.
    Nothing. It'll be pushed into 2019 during the holiday stream. Which is fine, because they also increased the scope of the patches. And 2019 is the year where patches will be released when they are perfect, no more mucking about with semi-finished patches and mandatory release windows. That is for big publishers!

  7. #6937
    Remember when we were going to get interstellar travel by the end of 2018? Now, we're at the end of 2018 and we're still not even getting the stellar part.

  8. #6938
    Originally Posted by Jacques d'Orleans View Post (Source)
    New Roadmap:
    Wait
    How can one trust the road map when the Valkyrie can appear flight ready secretly
    That it is now for sale negates any, it is kept secret for SQN42.

  9. #6939
    Originally Posted by Jacques d'Orleans View Post (Source)
    1650 USD? You gotta be kidding me.
    Just to put that price in relation to reality, for just 50 Dollars more you get a TAG Heuer Formula 1 chrono.
    Well, the difference is that TAG-Heuer actually releases its watches.
    I'd buy a $1400 video game space ship before I bought a $1700 watch, but thats just me.

  10. #6940
    Originally Posted by sovapid View Post (Source)
    I'd buy a $1400 video game space ship before I bought a $1700 watch, but thats just me.
    you and the rest of the space whales

  11. #6941
    Im more of a Seiko fan myself and that sum gets a nice mechanical Presage with an enamel dial... that or a ship that has *no gameplay* attached to it, not anytime soon, as they'll require a lot of physics engine overhaul and tuning in order to make carrier operations barely acceptable. And then, be able to support that many players in the same location (that ship crew + whatever ships that are onboard). That's Idris territory... Im still waiting to see if they have the guts to put a decent flight model, despite the agony screams of "fps in space" fans who just want some kind of spectator mode that they can control with the mouse and play basically a 6DoF Quake3D... (look at the questions they are collecting for the next RTV: the first one is quite loaded).

    Meanwhile my first ship, a Hornet Ghost, still has no functionality as it carries a dead-weight (the stealth module) instead of the normal ball turret. The game has no radar system anywhere, and missile locks just work the same, also inside the ship i have nothing to activate it (or reduce my signature with that system). And that was one of the first ships offered to backers during the KS...

  12. #6942
    Originally Posted by Surefoot View Post (Source)
    Im more of a Seiko fan myself and that sum gets a nice mechanical Presage with an enamel dial... that or a ship that has *no gameplay* attached to it, not anytime soon, as they'll require a lot of physics engine overhaul and tuning in order to make carrier operations barely acceptable. And then, be able to support that many players in the same location (that ship crew + whatever ships that are onboard). That's Idris territory... Im still waiting to see if they have the guts to put a decent flight model, despite the agony screams of "fps in space" fans who just want some kind of spectator mode that they can control with the mouse and play basically a 6DoF Quake3D... (look at the questions they are collecting for the next RTV: the first one is quite loaded)
    Its not only the ship. The question rather is if CiG will manage to release a game that will work, be a space sim in the first place and entertain you enough to justify such an expense. And if it releases one can only hope that ill be successful enough for CiG to keep the servers running. All in all I dont really know what kind of mindset you need to be in to prefer this series of high risk conditions over a real world quality watch. It might be overpriced but "pixel for pixel" the watch has more value no contest. But people who "spite-pledge" probably are too far gone to have a clear view so whoever dares to voice criticism is a goon or smartie and innocent fun at CiGs expense equals "hate" because...thats how cults work.

  13. #6943
    Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post (Source)
    Considering we're already pretty much an entire month into Q4, they still have to deliver 3.3.5 and then push 3.3.x to the live servers and 3.4.0 is barely off the starting blocks with Christmas shortening the remaining time further I'm calling it now. There ain't a cat in hells chance 3.4.0 will even be in the Evocati's hands this year, certainly not without deprioritising anything of substance to 3.5.0.
    Highlighted the operative part.

    Also, CIG´s pulse has never faltered to push rubbish quality or performace into all evocati, PTU or PU. So in principle I see no obstacle whatsoever for CIG publishing some "3.4" before end of the year if that is what they want, especially if it is needed to support another jpeg sale. What is inside that "3.4" and what quality it has is totally irrelevant.

Page 463 of 463 FirstFirst ... 458461462463